Milliken’s Reef - Port Canaveral --- has the restaurant gone down?

SherriZ366

We always eat at Milliken's Reef when we sail out of Port Canaveral. It is pricey but the food and service have been great. We ate their before our Nov. 26 Oasis cruise and the food and service had declined. The kitchen seemed out of sync. The restaurant wasn't full like it had been. I checked Trip Adviser and reviews have not been as positive as they were.

Any insight?

I work at Cape Canaveral and eat in the port area often. Had one lunch at Milliken's and IMO it was mediocre at best. Our go to is Grills for great food, both seafood and others. Fishlips isn't bad either, but Grills has been my favorite for quite awhile now.

I work at Cape Canaveral and eat in the port area often. Had one lunch at Milliken's and IMO it was mediocre at best. Our go to is Grills for great food, both seafood and others. Fishlips isn't bad either, but Grills has been my favorite for quite awhile now.

I second grills!

lived here for 10 years, tried 'em all and the one we go back to time after time is Grills .... have taken plenty of out of town guests there too with no complaints. It isn't fancy but they are the only one of the port group that has done well enuf to warrant opening a second location. they now have another place on US one on the river near Patrick AFB and Viera area. It has the same menu and is just a busy ....

We also like that they serve lionfish when they can get it from local catch. It is very tasty and more importantly is an invasive species with no natural predator, and will eat almost any other fish so they are growing in population while hurting every other species. Grills buys local catch - which happens by divers with spears as I've never seen a lionfish caught with a rod - and cooks the fish cleaned / whole with an oriental glaze. Very tasty ... when available sold as an app' or a dinner.

enhance

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

(I have no connection to Grills, just like the place and am happy to recommend)

lived here for 10 years, tried 'em all and the one we go back to time after time is Grills .... have taken plenty of out of town guests there too with no complaints. It isn't fancy but they are the only one of the port group that has done well enuf to warrant opening a second location. they now have another place on US one on the river near Patrick AFB and Viera area. It has the same menu and is just a busy ....

We also like that they serve lionfish when they can get it from local catch. It is very tasty and more importantly is an invasive species with no natural predator, and will eat almost any other fish so they are growing in population while hurting every other species. Grills buys local catch - which happens by divers with spears as I've never seen a lionfish caught with a rod - and cooks the fish cleaned / whole with an oriental glaze. Very tasty ... when available sold as an app' or a dinner.

enhance

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

(I have no connection to Grills, just like the place and am happy to recommend)

Sounds like a great recommendation. I think we will go there for our January cruise. We always have trouble finding parking but if a fellow Cruise Critic poster said to make the left off of George King at Flounder Street and there is a lot near the RCCL terminal that we could use.

Are Lionfish bony?

the meat falls off the bones as cooked at Grills .... ya just 'pick' with your fork and it falls away ime

and yes, there is now a parking lot between Grills and T-1

Thanks -- I think I see the parking lot on Google Map -- especially if you make the left on Flounder Street.

I will order Lion Fish if it is on the menu.