Lunch recommendations in Juneau?

kt6453

We will have a rental car and plan to visit Mendenhall and salmon hatchery before a 2:00 whale watch trip. Any recommendations for lunch somewhere in that area? Don’t need fancy just good food, something that’s not a chain!!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will have a rental car also and since our son has celiac disease, eating out is very challenging. I think we are just going to the grocery store to buy some picnic stuff. I need to search Juneau restaurant listings to see if we can find somewhere safe for him.

We enjoy the Hangar at Juneau harbor (site of the Juneau Harbor Webcam), where you can watch the float planes and ship/boat activity while you eat. Food was good, but we did wait about 15 minutes for a table at the peak of lunch time.

We had dinner at Twisted Fish (port day until 9 pm), but would have gone for lunch just as easily. Enjoyed it.

We second the Twisted Fish. We split a halibut fish and chips ($24.99) for lunch because they give you 4 big pieces of halibut plus fries and then each had a dinner salad. Add to that they had fast free WiFi and good draught beer. We were very happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums