Atlantic crossing November

AmandaLMcL

We have done plenty of cruises but so far always around the Med/Baltic. Now we are venturing out a bit. Can anyone tell me what to expect? How cold will it be, (I'm expecting icebergs….;p) waves crashing over the upper decks and …. I don't get sea sick but as with turbulence in a plane, do get a bit nervous about the rolling heaving and pitching etc etc.... any words of wisdom please?

If you can forecast the wind speed and direction in your garden for every day of November, the accuracy of your forecast will be about the same as any forecast for the Atlantic for the same period.

Our last TA in November last year was fine until we reached the BoB, when we hit a force 11, and that was pretty exciting!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Were are you starting and ending? If you're sailing say, from Fla to the Med it will be a lot warmer than if you're sailing say, from NY to England. Either way, as far as the sea..."who knows". I've sailed TA in the summer and it was a good bit rougher than a TA I 've done in February.

Last time I sailed Southampton to Fort Lauderdale, left England in drenching rain. Bay of Biscay was very rough. Lots more rain in Portugal, Azores, Canary Islands. Heading out on the southern route got warmer daily. Seas were pretty average - not rough, but you knew you were on a ship! Weather on deck was comfortable; a little cool for swimming until a few days out of Florida.

We're heading out for our 4th Westbound trans-Atlantic in a few weeks. The previous 3 were great; warmer weather as you got closer to the US, some wave action, but nothing serious (I get motion sickness very easily), and a great time. On 2 of them, the ship's store ran out of aloe for sunburned passengers.

All of our crossings have been early to mid-November from Spain or Italy to Florida. Go for it; you never know!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)