Allure of the seas, virus

The ship wasn't "sick", but apparently some PERSON was, and your kids caught it! Noro is prevalent in schools, nursing homes, and any place where crowds congregate! You are contagious BEFORE you get symptoms, and that's why it's so very contagious!!!

Ships have to report outbreaks if there is a certain percentage of the souls aboard ill. Apparently, there were not enough sick folks to trigger reporting.

Just got back Sunday after a week on the allure of the sea's. Both a grandson and son came down with diarrhea and vomiting within a day of departure. Anyone else have this problem?

If you reported it they most likely would have been quarantined to their cabin. If not, they probably spread it to other passengers. :(

I was on this sailing too. No stomach issues, but both my husband and I came down with a terrible cold the next to last day of the cruise. Still enjoyed ourselves immensely, but will be even more careful next time about hand washing, not touching my face, etc....

We were on that cruise and we didn't get sick. We wash hands frequently and always make sure to wash extra long while on ship. We also NEVER touch handrails and always use a tissue or shirt to push elevator buttons. Hand sanitizer is also used frequently.

If you got sick that close to departure, chances are you may have been exposed before the ship. We start our extra cautious hand hand washing well before our trips and extra vitamin C helps too. Hope everyone is well now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back Sunday after a week on the allure of the sea's. Both a grandson and son came down with diarrhea and vomiting within a day of departure. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like they may have been exposed to something before boarding. Taking precautions on board as you would on land is the only thing I know to do.

FWIW, we disembarked the Allure on July 9, and our head waiter had told us the night before that there had been some GI distress cases on that cruise. We got a notice in our stateroom our final night saying the same thing, and asking us to indicate if any of our party had fallen ill (none did). And when we got off the ship, it looked like the embarkation for the next cruise out (which would have been your cruise) was pushed back to later in the day on the 9th? We assumed that was to finish cleaning and sanitizing.

The ship wasn't "sick", but apparently some PERSON was, and your kids caught it! Noro is prevalent in schools, nursing homes, and any place where crowds congregate! You are contagious BEFORE you get symptoms, and that's why it's so very contagious!!!

Ships have to report outbreaks if there is a certain percentage of the souls aboard ill. Apparently, there were not enough sick folks to trigger reporting.

Who said anything about Noro?

FWIW, we disembarked the Allure on July 9, and our head waiter had told us the night before that there had been some GI distress cases on that cruise. We got a notice in our stateroom our final night saying the same thing, and asking us to indicate if any of our party had fallen ill (none did). And when we got off the ship, it looked like the embarkation for the next cruise out (which would have been your cruise) was pushed back to later in the day on the 9th? We assumed that was to finish cleaning and sanitizing.

We were on the ship and eating lunch in July 9th by noon. Embarkation was not delayed at all. Hopefully they always do their best to clean and wipe down the ship as often as they can but especially on turn around day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a simple possibility: food combos. I have been on beyond so many cruises and have seen what kids eat! :o And I know what mine have eaten over the years... For this reason we ALWAYS carry pepto and immodium tablets as well as ginger candy and ginger tea whenever and whereever we travel, cruise ship or not. And this applies to adults too when you combine the alcohol, etc. Also the motion from the ship can affect. Not fun, I know, but that's why we always come prepared! Happy cruising!

Agree that if within one day as you stated most likely contracted prior to sailing. Or some people can get just by changing their diet and either over endulging or eating foods they are not accustomed to. You don't state how long they were ill for or if they had any other symptoms.

I had some GI problems on the July 2 cruise on Allure. They left a paper in our stateroom on the final night telling us that GI problems had been reported ship wide and to please fill out the survey indicating if we were impacted. Did it ruin my trip? No but it was a bit annoying.

Once a while back on a Princess cruise out of FLL, we were seated in the mdr for dinner and close by us a section had been roped off. Then a cleaning team showed up wearing white suites, that's not a good sign, and commence to cleaning the carpet area. Getting nervous we asked our waiter what's going on and was told a passenger had gotten "sea sick". That was before the N Virus was out there. Now we would not hesitate to make a quick exit .

I wouldn't know if it was a virus or not if it happened to me. I have IBS so my stomach hates me everyday...lol. I hope they were quickly feeling better. Sometimes it's the food like someone else said. I had to make a very quick exit on one cruie after dinner on formal night. Dressed to the T makeing a high heeled dash back to my room for pepto and a prayer😉😷

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app