Difference in SA and SB Neptune Suite Perks

luvtwotrvl

Is there any difference between the SA and the SB Neptune suites as far as perks. I will be on the Rotterdam in April 2018. I tried to do a search but with no luck with the information I wanted to receive.

Thanks,

David

Hi David, there is no difference in perks between SA and SB Neptune Suites. The only difference is location on the ship.

Doing great, thanks David. I hope you and your wife are doing well also. Enjoy that Neptune suite!:D

Hi Old As Dirt Mom,

Glad to see you are doing fine. Both us are doing fine, but very busy with work. We have already booked a cabin on the Rotterdam for April 2018, but I am thinking about upgrading to a Neptune suite since the price has dropped since I made the deposit.

We might try to do another Alaskan cruise next year but not sure yet.

Thanks,

David

David,

I actually prefer many of the SB cabins on this ship.

The SA's close to the Neptune Lounge have had noise issues from above.

We had 7025 which was directly under the Canaletto. No noises from above, close to elevators and stil mid ship enough ;)

There are pics posted on the site that can't be named along with other S category cabins.

One of the differences - the cabins WAY toward the stern on both Amsterdam and Rotterdam ships; the last 6 on BOTH sides/outside - have large showers and NO bathtub; for us older folks those are ideal; NOT having to stp over the higher edge of a tub PLUS the size of the shower IS the range of the sides ; only there aren't sides! [ if that makes sense] just LARGE showers surrounded by drainage areas!

David,

I actually prefer many of the SB cabins on this ship.

The SA's close to the Neptune Lounge have had noise issues from above.

We had 7025 which was directly under the Canaletto. No noises from above, close to elevators and stil mid ship enough ;)

There are pics posted on the site that can't be named along with other S category cabins.

We had 7027 on Amsterdam for the same reasons. Very quiet. And convenient to the Lounge.

One of the differences - the cabins WAY toward the stern on both Amsterdam and Rotterdam ships; the last 6 on BOTH sides/outside - have large showers and NO bathtub; for us older folks those are ideal; NOT having to stp over the higher edge of a tub PLUS the size of the shower IS the range of the sides ; only there aren't sides! [ if that makes sense] just LARGE showers surrounded by drainage areas!

These aft cabins are under an extension to make the Lido wider. That means the balconies have an overhang. For our Alaska cruise on Amsterdam, I wanted a BIG view, so I didn't want the overhang blocking part of the sky. It rained every day except our day in Victoria, and I was thinking maybe that overhang wasn't such a bad thing... And I imagine on a sunny warm-climate cruise, that overhang would provide extra shade.

We had 7027 on Amsterdam for the same reasons. Very quiet. And convenient to the Lounge.

These aft cabins are under an extension to make the Lido wider. That means the balconies have an overhang. For our Alaska cruise on Amsterdam, I wanted a BIG view, so I didn't want the overhang blocking part of the sky. It rained every day except our day in Victoria, and I was thinking maybe that overhang wasn't such a bad thing... And I imagine on a sunny warm-climate cruise, that overhang would provide extra shade.

Excellent point!

Thanks,

David

Excellent point!

Thanks,

David

Just a word of warning on those cabins (the last 6)

The overhang can obscure your view. Google 7031 - Rotterdam for comments and pics.

I avoid those cabins for that reason but the shade might be worth it for some.

Just off the Oosterdam in an SB suite, last cruise was in an SA suite. Our SB was great, we even had 3 adults in our room and no complaints on storage or room to roam. Our balcony was huge but we were in Alaska, so not much use for it.

I've read that folks prefer SA's due to location of the Neptune Lounge. Yes, it was a bit further away (though on the same deck), but I estimated the walk to the Lounge was worth about 1/2 of a cookie. Wouldn't hesitate staying in an SB again, did save $$$.