No egg crate mattress topper-Koningsdam

Lyndihop

On the Amsterdam last month, they had what felt like a pillow-top mattress on my Neptune Suite bed and it was VERY comfortable. I'm another one who is sensitive to hard mattresses -- bad back, bad knee, and *really* bad shoulder -- so I have a pillow-top mattress at home and before that, I used egg-crate toppers. The Neptune suite bed was as comfortable as my home mattress. I suspect they use different furnishings depending on when they refurbish?
When we were on the Amsterdam in August we saw new mattresses coming aboard. We were in a NS and the ones we saw were on this floor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Asking someone about the comfort of a mattress is a waste of time. The last time I purchased a mattress for my home I read the reviews and the same mattress was reviewed as rock hard and way too soft. Also too high or too low. A person's age and physical problems can also affect one's opinion of a mattress. So if you are very concerned about the comfort of a cruise ship mattress you may want to listen to the suggestions made on this thread about how to soften or harden an existing mattress. For the great majority of cruisers HAL mattresses are better than average but that may not be true for you.