Msc yacht club

Trishaphil

Hello everyone. I am new here and looking for some help. I am travelling solo to Norwegian Fjords at end of May. Just wondering on clothes to pack . Also I am staying in yc . Big question is it really posh? I ask this as my family are treating me as I have had a lot of illnesses and I fear that I will be out of place in my new ordinary primary or such clothes. Do ordinary people state in yc or will I be miserable there. First time cruiser. Any advice please

The Yacht Club is a bit dressier but not formal - I'd describe it as Country Club casual or business casual. If you are female, wear sundresses, maxi dresses, skirt and top with a sweater or jacket or nice pants and top with jacket or sweater - flat sandals or nice flats would be fine. For men, trousers and a sports shirt with a collar would be appropriate. There are 2 formal nights where you will need to dress up a bit - just wore a maxi dress with sandals and my husband wore a dark suit and tie although there were other ladies in beaded dresses and men in tuxes.

What would look out of place are

short shorts (Bermuda shorts would be OK during the day with a collared sports shirt.)

ragged jeans - nicely pressed jeans with a collared shirt would be OK

anything revealing

t-shirts

Bring a coverup to wear over your swimsuit when you come inside from the pool deck. If you are a man, put a shirt on before coming indoors.