OK, here's some photos to illustrate what I was talking about with the Small Boat Excursion in Tracy Arm (or Endicott Arm that we ended up doing). Both options are handled the same way.

Here is a picture taken from our balcony of the small boat coming alongside to load their first group of passengers at noon:

Here is a picture from the top deck from my iphone (non-zoom) where we stopped 3 hours later, at the Legend's closest spot to the Dawes Glacier at the end of Endicott Arm Fjord:

Here's a semi-zoomed shot, capturing the small boat excursion returning to the ship to drop off the morning passengers and loading the afternoon group:

Finally, here is the closest zoom I could get of the Dawes Glacier from the Legend:

Now, I could see it closer in my binoculars, but if you really want to experience a glacier, nothing will beat taking the small boat excursion.

Now, here is DH later relaxing on our balcony as we made our way out of the Endicott Arm (notice the small icebergs floating in the background):
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-----Coming up, but not soon enough!!-----
Carnival Inspiration - Catalina/Mexico (4n): Aug-2018
Carnival Inspiration - Catalina/Mexico (4n): Sep-2018
-----Now just wonderful memories!-----
CARNIVAL
Elation - Baja, Mexico: Jan'08, Dec'08, Feb'09
Fascination - Lower Caribbean (8n): Dec'16

Imagination - 3/4n Mexico: Aug'14, Nov'14, Dec'14, Jan'15, Apr'17, May'17, Nov '17
Inspiration - 3/4n Mexico: Feb'12, Jun'13, Nov'13, Feb'14

Legend - Alaska (7n): Jun'16 (25th Milestone)
Magic - Western Caribbean: May'15, Sep'15
Miracle - Mexican Riviera: Mar'15, Dec'15
Paradise - Catalina & Ensenada: Nov'06, Aug'07, Jun'09
Spirit - Mexican Riviera: Apr'08, Aug'10
Splendor - Mexican Riviera: Apr'09, Dec'09, Jan'12, Feb'18
Triumph - Western Caribbean: May'03

Victory - Western Caribbean (4n): May'18
HAL
Amsterdam - Pacific Coastal: Mar'10
Oosterdam - Pacific Northwest: Apr'06
Zuiderdam - Caribbean: May'04

NCL