Cabin Age Question

js

Hi.

I currently have my ds in my/dh cabin for our August 2018 Allure cruise.

He will now probably bring a friend, and they will both be 20.

Will I need to have my dh/son's friend listed in one cabin and then my son/me in the other cabin?

I'll be calling today or next week so I wanted to make sure I have all my information correct before

I call and change us.

Thank you.

Make sure the room is directly across the hall. RCL rep gave my daughters the room directly across from the cabin next to ours in violation of their own policy and then caught it 3 weeks before sailing, resulting in some last minute stress.

Thank you both.

The inside cabin will not be directly across the hall since we are in a balcony on the Allure and trying to all get Deck 6 since we are multiple families (my mom, my sister's family and my cousins and their families).

I also have a dd in an inside cabin on Deck 6 but the ages in the cabin are 24 and 25.

Clarea, your post said "under 20" need to be in a cabin across the hall, how about if you are actually 20.

Do you need to have across the hall, yikes, they are in college and certainly no longer across the hall from me

any longer LOL but I understand the rules. I would prefer to have everything exact on paper and don't want to have the stress as you did, AZ Gurl.

Thank you again.

Thank you both.

The inside cabin will not be directly across the hall since we are in a balcony on the Allure and trying to all get Deck 6 since we are multiple families (my mom, my sister's family and my cousins and their families).

I also have a dd in an inside cabin on Deck 6 but the ages in the cabin are 24 and 25.

Clarea, your post said "under 20" need to be in a cabin across the hall, how about if you are actually 20.

Do you need to have across the hall, yikes, they are in college and certainly no longer across the hall from me

any longer LOL but I understand the rules. I would prefer to have everything exact on paper and don't want to have the stress as you did, AZ Gurl.

Thank you again.

Sorry, I should have said under 21. Just call the cruise line, maybe they can work with you.

Thank you all and thank you for the link.

There needs to be someone 21 or over in the cabin so we will just have to have my dh/me in each cabin

on paper. Since this will be the case, I can still have my ds's account charging on my credit card and his friend's charges on his card, correct? Thank you all again!

If you have to book an adult in each cabin, then switch once onboard, it's not a big deal. Once you're booked, they don't care where anyone sleeps. All they're doing is making sure there are responsible adults onboard with the 'underaged" people...even tho 18 is a "legal adult"...stupid rules.

If you have to book an adult in each cabin, then switch once onboard, it's not a big deal. Once you're booked, they don't care where anyone sleeps. All they're doing is making sure there are responsible adults onboard with the 'underaged" people...even tho 18 is a "legal adult"...stupid rules.

Yes, I understand, hoped I didn't need to do it but I guess I do, just glad we can take the kid's friends. Thanks so much!

I'll add this to my list of ridiculous things you can't do at 18 in this country while being allowed to join the military and die for it.

Yes. When I joined US Army at 18 you could drink, actually I was 17 and could on drink on post. But think was in mid 1980's changed to 21... As other poster stated, my Daughter 18, Son-In Law was 19 were married, did Honeymoon on Brilliance on their own. At one time 18 yr olds not married could cruise Royal on their own. Was ok in 1988 as we had couple 18 yr old girls traveling together at our table, high school graduation present from their parents. But not sure when the Marriage requirement under 21 started.

Edited by ONECRUISER

I'll add this to my list of ridiculous things you can't do at 18 in this country while being allowed to join the military and die for it.

Active duty military and married couples over 18 are OK to be in a cabin without someone over 21.

Yes. When I joined US Army at 18 you could drink, actually I was 17 and could on drink on post. But think was in mid 1980's changed to 21... As other poster stated, my Daughter 18, Son-In Law was 19 were married, did Honeymoon on Brilliance on their own. At one time 18 yr olds not married could cruise Royal on their own. Was ok in 1988 as we had couple 18 yr old girls traveling together at our table, high school graduation present from their parents. But not sure when the Marriage requirement under 21 started.

At least 18 year olds (unmarried) are still allowed to travel alone on Royal Caribbean cruises from Europe, Australia, and South America.