CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Couple of questions that I can't find searching:

1. Our arrival for June 8th says to come at 10-10:30am, what time would you suggest arriving at Cape Liberty?

2. Where do drop your luggage off at. I see different numbered areas as you pull up to the terminal, but which one do you

We cruised this past Friday, May 25,on the ship now...

Our arrival time was 10:30-11:00. We arrived at 9:30. We drove to the lane closest to the building. Porters were there to take our luggage. We went to the parking garage, plenty of spaces. Another CC member arrived at 1:00 and the garage was full and they had to park in the open lot. We walked right in, through security and no wait at checkin (Suites, but regular checkin had no wait either). We sat for about 30 minutes and we were boarding (Suites) about 10:20 or so. We were on top deck at 10:20.

ca8cb2a9c640fad5ab3fd842db31095e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums2033ff17a92a3a235d90a98f164ba070.jpg

After skimming through the thread looking for options from the port on disembarkation day to EWR, I’m not clear on whether Uber/Lyft is an option. I see Carmel and dial 7 quoted often, and I’m sure there’s a taxi stand, but what about Uber/Lyft? Do they do pick ups? Are they less expensive for 2 persons with 2 medium suitcases than the others ? Car service is about $50 not including tolls/tips. What does a taxi cost?

We used UBER yesterday. No issues. For the two of us with 4 bags, and Uber X worked and was less than 25 bucks.

Still looking for advice for the above. Is this about the right time. With a 12:50 p flight time I wouldn’t think we’d need to rush on disembark day. Thanks.

We had a noon flight yesterday. Got off the ship at 9 am. Took an hour to get our bags and get through customs (only 3 guys checking in the entire ship). Made it to Newark with plenty of time to spare.

We will be at the Summit, Sunday, October 7th. We will stay at the Courtyard Downtown Manhattan / World Trade Center Area. Our cabin is interior. I have decided to request a UBER for the day of the boarding, at what time do you recommend me to request the service? I would not like to wait a long time in line.

I’m sorry if this has been answered a hundred times before, but this is a really, really long thread!

Preplanning our cruise on Anthem out of Bayonne for next April, and don’t have a clue about where to stay. We’ll be driving up the turnpike from VA, so really open to any nice, clean, safe place to rest our heads. Likely won’t be going into NYC, so don’t need easy access to ferry.

We have Marriott and Hilton points, so preference to one of those chains (though not a requirement).

And price is not a huge factor — just not into Ritz Carlton tier!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m sorry if this has been answered a hundred times before, but this is a really, really long thread!

Preplanning our cruise on Anthem out of Bayonne for next April, and don’t have a clue about where to stay. We’ll be driving up the turnpike from VA, so really open to any nice, clean, safe place to rest our heads. Likely won’t be going into NYC, so don’t need easy access to ferry.

We have Marriott and Hilton points, so preference to one of those chains (though not a requirement).

And price is not a huge factor — just not into Ritz Carlton tier!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like you're going on a 7 day Bermuda cruise. Are you planning to park at the port?

No Ritz Carlton at Newark Airport! In Elizabeth look at Embassy Suites, Courtyard, and Residence Inn on International Blvd. If you want to stay further away in a more low key suburban area, look at the Cranbury Courtyard at exit 8A on the Turnpike or Hampton Inn at exit 8. On a Saturday morning it should be about a 45 minute drive to Cape Liberty.

We are flying into EWR Tuesday around noon and need to get to Hyatt House. There are 6 of us with 6 bags of luggage. What is the best way to get there? Public transportation is fine. Then on Thursday morning we need to get from the hotel to the port and then port back to EWR. Thanks for any help you can give .

We are flying into EWR Tuesday around noon and need to get to Hyatt House. There are 6 of us with 6 bags of luggage. What is the best way to get there? Public transportation is fine. Then on Thursday morning we need to get from the hotel to the port and then port back to EWR. Thanks for any help you can give .

Can you split into two groups and use Uber? Public transit from the airport will be $67.50 and involves the Airtrain, NJ Transit train, PATH, and a short walk. You can price Dial7 and Carmellimo, but I think it will be a lot more. You can also take 2 Uber's to Newark Penn Station and PATH for $2.75/pp.

Hey everyone! Great news! The new road from Turnpike exit 14A is finally open. You can now access the port directly by staying to the left out of the tolls, go up the ramp, and then stay to the right and follow the sign to Chosin Few Way. Follow it to the end, make a left, and you will be on Goldsborough Drive right to the port. As of right now, the road is only open to Chosin Few, not going the other way, but this may change any day.

i'm looking at a certain park/sleep/cruise package that offers three different hotel options: Ramada Plaza, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn (Carteret). Is any one of these better than the others? Thanks for your insight.

Folks have reported being very happy with the Ramada and Crowne Plaza. No one has reported on the Holiday Inn, which is the only option for 5 people in a room.

I personally have used the Ramada and was very satisfied with it. It's very close to NJ Turnpike exit 14 in a more isolated area north of the airport. Coming from exit 14 you need to be on I78 west in the local lanes to be able to get off at Frontage Road, which is the first exit. The Crowne Plaza is on routes 1&9, which is a major truck route.

i'm looking at a certain park/sleep/cruise package that offers three different hotel options: Ramada Plaza, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn (Carteret). Is any one of these better than the others? Thanks for your insight.

That Holiday Inn at Exit 12 is a good half hour from the port so if you chose that option be prepared to head up a bit earlier.

Ok Carol I need your opinion..

Rethinking our stay in Elizabeth, NJ. What about Jersey City? Our cruise (The Anthem) will depart out of Cape Liberty on a Thur in Oct and we'll be flying in the day before into EWR. We will not be renting a car. We'll be flying home out of LQA on a Sat.

Thanks in advance.

Ok Carol I need your opinion..

Rethinking our stay in Elizabeth, NJ. What about Jersey City? Our cruise (The Anthem) will depart out of Cape Liberty on a Thur in Oct and we'll be flying in the day before into EWR. We will not be renting a car. We'll be flying home out of LQA on a Sat.

Thanks in advance.

You're flying in early on a Wed, which is a business travel night, so hotel prices in Jersey City are expensive. You're 4 people - are you looking for 1 room or 2 rooms? What is your budget? Are you thinking of going into NYC for the afternoon and evening? If so, where are you headed? Where are you actually booked now?

In addition to paying a lot more to be in Jersey City, you will have to pay about $40-50 for an Uber to get there.

You're flying in early on a Wed, which is a business travel night, so hotel prices in Jersey City are expensive. You're 4 people - are you looking for 1 room or 2 rooms? What is your budget? Are you thinking of going into NYC for the afternoon and evening? If so, where are you headed? Where are you actually booked now?

In addition to paying a lot more to be in Jersey City, you will have to pay about $40-50 for an Uber to get there.

There are four of us..2 rooms. Currently we are staying in Elizabeth at the Country Inn. Don't think we will be planning on going into to NY.

Thanks Carol!!

There are four of us..2 rooms. Currently we are staying in Elizabeth at the Country Inn. Don't think we will be planning on going into to NY.

Thanks Carol!!

Keep your reservation at Country Inns. If you want to go into NYC, Uber to Newark Penn Station and take NJ Transit to midtown($5.25) or PATH to downtown ($2.75). With 4 people sharing the Uber, it will be cheaper than taking the train from the Newark Airport Station where a hefty surcharge is in effect.

We will be at the Summit, Sunday, October 7th. We will stay at the Courtyard Downtown Manhattan / World Trade Center Area. Our cabin is interior. I have decided to request a UBER for the day of the boarding, at what time do you recommend me to request the service? I would not like to wait a long time in line.

11am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for not answering my question

Sorry you didn't get a response. I don't sail on the Summit and was reluctant to specify a time because I think the ship boards later than Anthem and Adventure. I can tell you that it should take no more than a half hour to get from your hotel to Cape Liberty.

Waiting in line is always unpredictable. If you get there early (10:00-11:00), the checkin lines should be short, but you may have to sit in the terminal waiting room until the actual boarding process starts. I think that Celebrity works a bit differently from Royal Caribbean.

Judie and Carol thanks, this will be my first time in NYC so I am bit nervous

I’m recommending Uber at 11am. That should get you to terminal about 11:30-11:45. Perfect.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums