Movies filmed on Harmony of the Seas

I watched the Hallmark movie and I was surprised at how few passengers seemed to be on the ship. Also, people seemed somewhat dressed up on the ship, like it was 1955, rather than now. The crew seemed to wear a lot of sweaters, while the event planner was in dressy spaghetti strap tops. I enjoyed seeing the ship and think they did a good job of showing off the ship. The movie was a little lame, but, after all, it was a Hallmark movie!

I was simply shocked by the lack of chair hogs and the number of empty loungers around the pool.

Will have to see if it is the same in November[emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you expect to attract new cruises if they see mad scene around the pool on sea day?

But Oasis class surprised us in this department even though it was pretty much sold out sailing.

They are huge ships where crowds spread out nicely

I watched "Love At Sea" last night. I loved seeing the Harmony and makes me excited to one day book a sailing on her. I thought the movie was cute but in a Hallmark movie sort of way. Definitely not award winning by any means. I loved how there wasn't many "that can't happen" moments. They did stay true to cruise rules and etiquette for the most part. One thing I do agree with, the CD did have a ton of free time to pursue his lady which was far fetched. Also I tried to count how many port stops they made! Every day they were in port! LOL And the pool... I've never been on a cruise with an empty pool! I watched a lot of the "extras" as well. Many stood back and watched the production taking place. That was pretty funny. They didn't hide very well. Other than that I loved seeing the beautiful ship and it just makes me so excited to sail on her sister ship in a couple of months.

I watched "Like Father" yesterday and really enjoyed it. It satisfied my cruise craving. Of course. one had to put aside the questions of how did either of them get on the ship, how did they set up their cruise account, and how did they get their passports. Obviously, they had the drink package :) Fun, fun movie.

I watched "Like Father" with my mother last night. It was boring, the entertaining part is watching the ship and say "look, that's where we were!".

Now, for the part where they are smoking during the excursion, I'd say it actually happens... On my second cruise on Allure, I was walking with my mom down the main street of Montego Bay, and a local approached us offering "a smoke", I said no, then he insisted, "I have brownies too", I said no again. But yes, it's easy, very easy to get the stuff there.

Love at Sea. Was on last night. Movie was pretty lame, but fun to see the ship!

i saw it last night also - movie is lame and really the viewer gets a distorted picture of cruising and sees very little of the ship. Someone who hadn't cruised would not any any desire to do so.

We watched Love at Sea on Sat night and it wasn't the greatest movie, but was a predictable Hallmark one. I love Carlos and Alexa (and Ocean) and watch their YT videos, even if they hardly post anymore. They're a great couple and I have a lot of respect for them, but unfortunately I don't think the movie was edited very well.

We're on HOTS in Nov 2019 so it was fun to see part of the ship in both movies.

I watched Love at sea. Plot was lame, but ship scenes were nice. That suite for 2 people--2 stories with a piano??!! I noticed the empty pool and empty pool chairs.[emoji41]

The two story suite with the piano is the Royal Loft. It is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have been answered, but did they sail Harmony up to NY or was the ship sailing into NY harbor done by CGI?

Ignoring the impracticality of changing the sailing schedule to move the ship to NY for a shooting, I believe that it would have been impossible for it to fit under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, which is necessary to sail out of NY.

Ignoring the impracticality of changing the sailing schedule to move the ship to NY for a shooting, I believe that it would have been impossible for it to fit under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, which is necessary to sail out of NY.

It may be possible for it to fit under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. The funnels can be retracted. There might be enough clearance then under certain conditions.

It may be possible for it to fit under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. The funnels can be retracted. There might be enough clearance then under certain conditions.

The funnels can be retracted on Oasis and Allure. No idea if they are able to retract on Harmony as it wasn’t necessary.

The funnels can be retracted on Oasis and Allure. No idea if they are able to retract on Harmony as it wasn’t necessary.

Possibly they didn’t build Harmony with retractable funnels. Have to remember to ask when onboard. There is a picture on Pinterest claiming to be of a test of retractable funnels on Harmony but I don’t know if the caption can be trusted.

The two story suite with the piano is the Royal Loft. It is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I think it is the definition of extravagant. On another note, the song "Can't take my eyes off you" brought back memories. Almost 50 years ago, DW and I met in graduate school. The GSA(Graduate Student Association) hired the same local band for all dances. They knew 4 songs, one of which was Can't...:)

I watched like Father! I thought it was a great distraction and got me ready for Oasis trip next month seeing Harmony, but actually I thought it would be Anthem!

I believe it was Anthem in the returning NYC/NJ shot!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

The two look very different — the Anthem doesn’t have the open center like the Harmony. But they could’ve taken an Anthem shot and overlaid it with the CGI of the Harmony so that the wake and such from the real shot would still be there.

I liked Love at sea more than Like Father.

They are both aren't great in terms of scenario, but the first shows everything that goes on the ship better.

Agree.

Love at sea was really cheesy but they really showcased the ship. I found it just a bit ridiculous that they had fastened a royal caribbean flag to a junction box or something outside when they were standing there. Could be somewhere on the jogging track. And they had a "ship office" sticker on the doors into the rear elevatorbank.. :-D

However, Like Father was a better movie IMHO. I enjoyed it more for the story.

My bad it was Harmony, and it had to be a CGI of Harmony coming into NYC! I don't recollect her ever stopping in NYC coming over the 1st time! Symphony is expected in Port C 11/8 & then Miami 11/9! No NYC Listed as a stop 4 Symphony! Not sure if her 3 other sis will welcome her to Fla! I tried to figure out which class is taller & I vote Oasis; no height listed on either Anthem class ship! I believe Spectrum is in that class with her 2 sis, but on steroids!

I watched both movies this week and it helped decide my next cruise. Taking my mother on her first cruise in April and I’ve never sailed on the Oasis class before. After seeing so much of the ship I think my mother will love it. Movies were typical “cute” movies and really showcased the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums