When will the Noordam receive a face lift???

CAVE MAN

According to our dining steward on the Noordam in June, dry dock on the Noordam has been delayed so I don't think it will happen soon....maybe another year. They were replacing the carpet on the staircases while we were onboard.

According to our dining steward on the Noordam in June, dry dock on the Noordam has been delayed so I don't think it will happen soon....maybe another year. They were replacing the carpet on the staircases while we were onboard.

Thanks for the information.

Unless the regulations have changed, ships must undergo two dry dockings within a 5 year period. It is then, I believe, that major alterations to the ships take place because the dry dockings take a minimum of two weeks to be completed (and hopefully, at that time).

Interior refreshments such as carpet replacement, etc. are a constant and cruise guests ought to expect this.

I was surprised it hadn't had one for awhile, As newer ships like the Eurodam have. We were on recently and nothing had changed since our time on her nearly 10 years ago. She still looked okay in the public spaces but the suites are tired and need updating.

Noordam had her last dry-dock in the spring of 2015 at Freeport between 10-19 APR 2015. If you look at the HAL site, she shows two deck plans; one prior to 20 May 2018 and one after, which would fit the timing for her next dry-dock. Interestingly enough, the HAL site does not show any gaps in her schedule during May 2018. The 'after 20 May' deck plan does show her with the“Music Walk” concept, “Billboard Onboard,” and theGallery (Arts) Bar instead of the Northern Lights nightclub, so the jury is still out how/where that will be accomplished :)

Second interesting part of that is that on 20 May 2018 she'll be in the Pacific Northwest during the early part of next year's Alaska season. Options for a dry-dock there are either in Esquimalt, BC (Victoria shipyards) or in Vancouver, BC (Vancouver shipyards). The last time a HAL ship was in Esquimalt was in 2011 and in Vancouver even longer, a wet dock for Statendam in 2004.

As a side note, she's the only Vista with her Explorations Cafe still on Deck 3 and an Oak Room inside the Crow's Nest

When the summer 2018 schedules were originally released, there was a gap from when she arrived in Vancouver and the Alaska cruises started. I posted about it since I was in the process of picking an Alaska cruise, and we were thinking that's when the dry dock would happen. However, since then, they added the two RT Vancouver cruises, so I guess they changed their minds.

Noordam had her last dry-dock in the spring of 2015 at Freeport between 10-19 APR 2015. If you look at the HAL site, she shows two deck plans; one prior to 20 May 2018 and one after, which would fit the timing for her next dry-dock. Interestingly enough, the HAL site does not show any gaps in her schedule during May 2018. The 'after 20 May' deck plan does show her with the“Music Walk” concept, “Billboard Onboard,” and theGallery (Arts) Bar instead of the Northern Lights nightclub, so the jury is still out how/where that will be accomplished :)

Second interesting part of that is that on 20 May 2018 she'll be in the Pacific Northwest during the early part of next year's Alaska season. Options for a dry-dock there are either in Esquimalt, BC (Victoria shipyards) or in Vancouver, BC (Vancouver shipyards). The last time a HAL ship was in Esquimalt was in 2011 and in Vancouver even longer, a wet dock for Statendam in 2004.

As a side note, she's the only Vista with her Explorations Cafe still on Deck 3 and an Oak Room inside the Crow's Nest

Thank you Copper 10-8, We will be on the Noordam on June 3, 2018. Was hoping that it would she would be in dry-dock before we get on.

Thank you Copper 10-8, We will be on the Noordam on June 3, 2018. Was hoping that it would she would be in dry-dock before we get on.

I will be on it the next week. I had picked that date and ship because I thought it was going to be right out of dry dock. Oh well!!! Prices for signature suites are nowhere near what I have right now, so I'm sticking w/ what I have.

I went on the HAL website looking to book on the Noordam for Dec. 2018. There are two PDF's, one after May 2018 for the Deck Plans. Wouldn't this indicate a dry dock and some changes?
As mentioned in post #8, that was the original plan, but if you look at the the 2018 schedule now there are no gaps.

As mentioned in post #8, that was the original plan, but if you look at the the 2018 schedule now there are no gaps.

Thank you for your post. Must say I'm very disappointed as I took online ship deck layouts on the HAL web site as being accurate and was expecting the enhancements shown there for our November 2018 sailing.

When I looked at deck plans for the Noordam, there were two listed online........one before May 2018 and one after May, 2018. So I assume the ship is going into drydock sometime in May, 2018. We have a cruise June 10, 2018 on the Noordam and are excited to see the new furnishings, bedding, carpet, etc.

When I looked at deck plans for the Noordam, there were two listed online........one before May 2018 and one after May, 2018. So I assume the ship is going into drydock sometime in May, 2018. We have a cruise June 10, 2018 on the Noordam and are excited to see the new furnishings, bedding, carpet, etc.

That's the cruise I will be on. I booked it in hopes of getting the new suite furnishings, but that is not to be. The ended up scheduling two cruises during the vacant time after they arrive in Vancouver in May, so unless they cancel them, there will be no time to dry dock.

So I assume the ship is going into drydock sometime in May, 2018.
That was the original plan. The present schedule shows no dry dock in May.

6 > 12 May round trip Vancouver

12 > 20 May round trip Vancouver

20 > 27 May Vancouver to Seward

27 May > 3 Jun Seward to Vancouver

3 > 10 Jun Vancouver to Seward

10 > 17 Jun Seward to Vancouver

Don't expect to see anything new when you board Jun 10 unless they cancel some cruises.

Does anyone know when or if the Noordam will receive the alteration of the Crow's Nest to the new EXC concept that has been introduced on the Westerdam?

All four Vistas, the two Signatures and the two Pinnacle-class ships are all supposed to get the EXC concept. What makes it interesting with Noordam is that she's is the only Vista left with her Explorations Cafe securely located on Deck 3, as opposed to in the Crow's Nest like her three older sisters. This then begs the question, if EXC goes to the Crow's Nest on Noordie, will it appear there by itself, leaving her present Oak Room in place, and/or is the Explorations Cafe going up there also? ;)

This then begs the question, if EXC goes to the Crow's Nest on Noordie, will it appear there by itself, leaving her present Oak Room in place, and/or is the Explorations Cafe going up there also? ;)
I would bet that the deck 3 ExCafe and the Oak Room are both goners.

All four Vistas, the two Signatures and the two Pinnacle-class ships are all supposed to get the EXC concept. What makes it interesting with Noordam is that she's is the only Vista left with her Explorations Cafe securely located on Deck 3, as opposed to in the Crow's Nest like her three older sisters. This then begs the question, if EXC goes to the Crow's Nest on Noordie, will it appear there by itself, leaving her present Oak Room in place, and/or is the Explorations Cafe going up there also? ;)

Interesting, but when? Before or after the 2018 Alaska season?