$50 beverage card questions

Kate45

so I just booked our 11 nite Alaskan northbound, two nite Denali on the westerdam next year. We got the free beverage pkg and free dinner at Pinnacle grill promo. As a perk from my travel agent we were also given and additional dinner at both Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto AND a $50 beverage card. We have the beverage pkg! What do we need the $50 card for? DH says use it to purchase a bottle of crown royale for our cabin and take it with us when we depart the ship to Denali. Does anyone know if we can do this?

so I just booked our 11 nite Alaskan northbound, two nite Denali on the westerdam next year. We got the free beverage pkg and free dinner at Pinnacle grill promo. As a perk from my travel agent we were also given and additional dinner at both Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto AND a $50 beverage card. We have the beverage pkg! What do we need the $50 card for? DH says use it to purchase a bottle of crown royale for our cabin and take it with us when we depart the ship to Denali. Does anyone know if we can do this?

I have had a $50 Beverage as a perk and received a refund for any portion of it that was not used.

Crown Royal ordered for your stateroom cost $53.75. If you purchase the same Crown Royal in the Shops (pick it up on your last cruise day) you will get 2 for $37.

So either way, we'll be getting Crown Royal! But if I can't use it for in cabin purchases or onboard purchases unless I get a drink of higher cost than the beverage pkg allows, what good is it? If I can cash it in, that would help but otherwise it's useless to me!

If you're at all interested in the HAL cookbooks or some of the other merchandise sold at the Explorations Cafe, you can use your beverage card to make purchases there. These can be good Christmas gifts but heavy to pack.

You could also use it towards a nice bottle of wine since the wine available under the SBP may not be to your tastes (it's not to my taste).

If you're at all interested in the HAL cookbooks or some of the other merchandise sold at the Explorations Cafe, you can use your beverage card to make purchases there. These can be good Christmas gifts but heavy to pack.

You could also use it towards a nice bottle of wine since the wine available under the SBP may not be to your tastes (it's not to my taste).

Good point about the wine. I would add that using it for the wines in the Pinnacle Grill (and other specialty dining) is a good idea.

We are not wine drinkers. Is this a physical card, or an Obc to be used only for beverages? Since both of us are getting a $50 card, it would be great if we could use it for almost anything else on board- shore excursions, merchandise or gratuities rather than beverages when we already have the beverage pkg

If all else fails (and you cannot use the BC to purchase the exact beverage or other items you want), the remaining balance will be applied as a credit to your onboard spending account.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

So you are saying, if I don't use the card at all, that $50 beverage credit will turn to obc?

We are not wine drinkers. Is this a physical card, or an Obc to be used only for beverages? Since both of us are getting a $50 card, it would be great if we could use it for almost anything else on board- shore excursions, merchandise or gratuities rather than beverages when we already have the beverage pkg

It is a physical card (like a gift card) to be used only for beverages. However, it can also be used to purchase other items (such as cookbooks, or the towel creation book, (and some other items)) at the Exploration Cafe.

Edited by Alberta Quilter