AMAWaterways Cruise Documents

sarcar97

I just revisited Cruise Critic after being away for awhile and now I have my first river cruise under my belt. I loved everything about it, but I will add the rooms are smaller than on the ocean ships. My mother and I shared a French balcony room on the second level and although it was small, we had plenty of room for our stuff and rarely bumped into each other. I loved AMA Waterways (Sonata) and will be sailing on Viking this summer so I can compare the two. I am happy to answer any AMA questions anyone has and if you are wondering, the Christmas Market cruise was the best! I think we visited a dozen markets and they were all wonderful!

• 3 weeks later...

We just received a message from our travel agent that we had been upgraded. Not sure why we were selected or how, but we had our reservations in real early - about 1 1/2 years before the cruise. And we constantly posted on facebook. We like the AMAWaterways facebook and followed their postings. When there were things relevant to our cruise, we always posted something. Not sure if that made any difference - but were constantly saying when we were leaving, what ship we were on and how excited we were.