Looking to know if your cancellation reason qualifies? Carnival Cruise Insurance

Sorry if this has already been posted in these forums but I had the hardest time finding this information, so I figured I'd share it here just in case someone else is looking.

If you're considering purchasing the Cruise Vacation Protection insurance from Carnival, be aware that it is very strict in what it actually covers and what it doesn't. Here is the link to the Carnival document detailing their vacation protection plan information and acceptable cancellation reasons.

If you're not interested in viewing the doc, here is the rundown of acceptable cancellation reasons:

1. sickness, injury or death to yourself, a traveling companion, or members of either of your immediate

families which is diagnosed and treated by a physician at the time your cruise vacation is terminated;

2. you are involuntarily terminated or laid off by your employer (of one continuous year or greater);

3. involvement in a traffic accident en route to departure that causes you to miss your cruise;

4. your home is made uninhabitable by a natural disaster such as flood, earthquake, hurricane, volcano,

tornado, wildfires or blizzard;

5. being called to serve jury duty or subpoena;

6. you are called into active military service to provide aid or relief in response to a national disaster;

7. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issues a Severe Weather Warning or Watch en route

to, or at, the port of embarkation within 48 hours of your scheduled departure; or

8. the airline, bus, train or cruise ship is delayed due to inclement weather which prevents you from

reaching your port of embarkation and this delay causes you to miss more than 50% of your cruise

vacation

What is not covered includes:

• pre-existing medical conditions
  • unexpected pregnancy or elective abortions
  • business or work obligations
  • declared / undeclared war
  • military service (other than for reasons listed above)
  • jail time
  • any of the covered items if they happened before you purchased the insurance

Pretty much the same as any other travel insurance.

Except for additional paid for riders on 3rd party insurers.

OP, you forgot to include that Carnival insurance includes CFAR at no additional charge. Along with other cruise line offered insurance

Pretty much the same as any other travel insurance.

Except for additional paid for riders on 3rd party insurers.

OP, you forgot to include that Carnival insurance includes CFAR at no additional charge. Along with other cruise line offered insurance

Ah, did not realize that! good info. Yeah, I've never really looked into cruise (or any travel) insurance before, but my wife has been in and out of the hospital so I was checking it out just in case. Quite expensive!