Ferry McFerryface

• 2 months later...

It is an interesting place NSW. Quite apt for their celebration of criminal arrivals last week

So, our friend Ferry McFerryface is going to get a name change — May Gibbs for all the little gumnuts.

Why, apparently it has been found out the vote result was rigged. Ferry McFerryface was not popular as the govt made out. Oh dear.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

Ok; it cost us tax payers in NSW 100K. it did get a whole lot of publicity for Sydney ferries. I'm happy for that. But lying about it; i'm not.

Ok it's going to be Ian Kiernan now a great choice. For what they guy has done for Sydney Harbour..

Ok; it cost us tax payers in NSW 100K. it did get a whole lot of publicity for Sydney ferries. I'm happy for that. But lying about it; i'm not.

Ok it's going to be Ian Kiernan now a great choice. For what they guy has done for Sydney Harbour..

No, he got shafted as well. They've switched to May Gibbs, which would have been fine originally, but just makes things even messier given the history.

Hi Les,

May Gibbs is a beloved children's author. Her best known work is Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. More a girls type of book. It has never been out of print since 1918.

She is also known for her wonderful illustrations of bush life and during the First World War her postcards of Australian animals and plants were included in Red Cross parcels sent overseas to the troops.

She drew inspiration for her bush drawings from the blue mountains which she fell in love with after moving to Sydney from Perth. Her little bush babies have gumnuts for hats and sometimes if they are lucky they might even have some gum blossoms for clothes.

That the history lesson for today.:D

Hi Les,

May Gibbs is a beloved children's author. Her best known work is Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. More a girls type of book. It has never been out of print since 1918.

She is also known for her wonderful illustrations of bush life and during the First World War her postcards of Australian animals and plants were included in Red Cross parcels sent overseas to the troops.

She drew inspiration for her bush drawings from the blue mountains which she fell in love with after moving to Sydney from Perth. Her little bush babies have gumnuts for hats and sometimes if they are lucky they might even have some gum blossoms for clothes.

That the history lesson for today.:D

Thanks for that, now I know all about May Gibbs. As you see from the other post I did not have childhood in Straya, so missed the May Gibbs books.:o Now as for Andrew Constance MP, who apparently got involved with McFerryFace name farce, he is my local State MP - Member for Bega and Minister of Transport.:(

G'day all,

When I was boarding Voyager in Sydney for its Xmas cruise, I made it an effort to see if I could get a pic of Ferry McFerryFace as I suspected that it may end up having its name changed.....Fortunately it rocked up as I was getting pics of Voyager from the Cahill expressway....

Ferry McFerry face - Emerald 6 Circular Quay 20-12-17

I had the inkling that it was going to get a name change and taking the pic confirmed it...the typeface and printing looked ad hoc....compared to the others in the class.

cya

Bl262000

It is an interesting place NSW. Quite apt for their celebration of criminal arrivals last week

So, our friend Ferry McFerryface is going to get a name change — May Gibbs for all the little gumnuts.

Why, apparently it has been found out the vote result was rigged. Ferry McFerryface was not popular as the govt made out. Oh dear.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

The someone who leaked the info obviously didn't like the name or the minister.

Thanks for that, now I know all about May Gibbs. As you see from the other post I did not have childhood in Straya, so missed the May Gibbs books.:o Now as for Andrew Constance MP, who apparently got involved with McFerryFace name farce, he is my local State MP - Member for Bega and Minister of Transport.:(

I think it is a shame that it turned out to be a lie, I liked it as it brought attention to Sydney's ferries.

G'day all,

When I was boarding Voyager in Sydney for its Xmas cruise, I made it an effort to see if I could get a pic of Ferry McFerryFace as I suspected that it may end up having its name changed.....Fortunately it rocked up as I was getting pics of Voyager from the Cahill expressway....

Ferry McFerry face - Emerald 6 Circular Quay 20-12-17

I had the inkling that it was going to get a name change and taking the pic confirmed it...the typeface and printing looked ad hoc....compared to the others in the class.

cya

Bl262000

Nice one. Great pic.

I think it is a shame that it turned out to be a lie, I liked it as it brought attention to Sydney's ferries.

I regret to say Mic, I have to disagree, it made us NSW folk look like bogans with that McFerryFace name. They could have called the vessel 'Tony Abbot' something like that.:halo: