Questions About QM2 Nov. 26 Itinerary

57eric

My wife and I are very much looking forward to sailing on QM2 on Nov. 26. I have some questions about the itinerary shown in my voyage personalizer.

• There are no arrival or departure times shown for any of the ports, including New York. I have been on several previous cruises and have never encountered this lack of specificity. Is this normal? There are third party sites that do show times for this cruise.
  • Day 5 says Possible Tender even though it is a sea day.
  • Day 6 says Tender Required for St. Lucia. As best I can tell, there is only one other ship in port that day, and it is not uncommon to have more than two ships scheduled. Is this a matter of size;that QM2 won’t fit with another ship, or won’t fit at all? I realize St. Lucia was not originally scheduled.

Thanks.

My wife and I are very much looking forward to sailing on QM2 on Nov. 26. I have some questions about the itinerary shown in my voyage personalizer.

• There are no arrival or departure times shown for any of the ports, including New York. I have been on several previous cruises and have never encountered this lack of specificity. Is this normal? There are third party sites that do show times for this cruise. Yes, this is normal. For whatever reason, Cunard does not provide specific arrival and departure times. The times found on other third party sites are generally reliable in my experience.
  • Day 5 says Possible Tender even though it is a sea day. Probably a mistake in voyage personaliser resulting from the rearrangement of the itinerary where day 5 was originally not a sea day.
  • Day 6 says Tender Required for St. Lucia. As best I can tell, there is only one other ship in port that day, and it is not uncommon to have more than two ships scheduled. Is this a matter of size;that QM2 won’t fit with another ship, or won’t fit at all? I realize St. Lucia was not originally scheduled. This could well be because of QM2's size. It looks like the longest cruise berth in the port of Castries, St. Lucia can only accommodate ships up to 1000 feet in length and QM2 is 1132 feet long.

Thanks.

See my responses in red above.

Regards, John

Just to add to bluemarble's excellent answers; I've been to St Lucia on QM2 when she was the only ship visiting and we still used tenders as she is too big to enter the port (as bluemarble states).

Have a great time, I've enjoyed two Caribbean cruises on QM2 and loved every second of both.

Happy sailings!