All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Jane, I really like the scarf and top combo. It's a good colaboration, yes?

Laurie, you always find great accessories! Can't wait to see the necklace with the dress.

Anita! You know me. T-shirt dresses are so easy, the sunglasses are a perfect accessory and you look very put together, but I love the scarf! So botanical!

I still use my no-line progressives for computer work at the office, but I've started wearing cheater glasses in happy spring-colored frames. Dollar Tree has several to choose from and their quirkiness factor makes me smile.

Everyone else seems to be planning trips--Margaret, Melody, and Sally. Anybody else? Our next trip is a long weekend in the Smokies in October and then a February cruise with Kim and DH. We've packed a suitcase for the Smokies trip so many times now that I think I could do it blindfolded. It won't take any pre-planning at all. It's almost a wear-a-pair and take-a-pair trip. But, as my long-time buddy says, Go, Eat, and Stay All Night are the best trips. If you can do any of those it's a good time--all three is great, but all three over and over is the bestest of all!

Sort of on topic...

So You Think You Can Dance is one show that I generally enjoy watching. I don't usually watch it live...I usually stream it the following day. Major observation from last night's show that I watched today.

Most of the costumes were wonderful and looked very good on the dancers. Sadly, one of my favorite dancers had on what IMO was the WORST costume. Going a bit into what Debbie has been talking about with the Yin/Yang and the Kibbe style types...Natural, Gamine, Romantic, Classic, etc. (I might not have them all correct), but the point is that certain body types look good wearing certain types of clothes and as much as it may or may not reflect an inner personality...sometimes, certain styles just look really awkward on certain bodies.

So this young lady has an incredibly athletic body. Super strong...not necessarily lean, but boyish in straight lines with a beautiful back that you can see all the outlines of her muscles...and they dressed her in this terribly dramatic, somewhat glam kind of dress...and it was such a mismatch. I hate to be so critical but the impression even carried over in her dancing...and rather than being seen as the strong and athletic dancer that she is...she ended up looking a bit heavy on her feet...too grounded when they wanted her to be more "airy" and light on her feet.

In a weird way, this just served as some confirmation for myself...because I have never felt that I can carry off something that is too glam, too dramatic. And seeing this young lady really helped the idea of it click in my head and to help me see it in action. I feel like it helped validate a perception that I've always had regarding style and what looks good on me.

Anyone else watch that show?

That's them! Luggage is the color of mine! Highly recommend. Well worth the price so long as the buckle doesn't hit your ankle wrong. That was the one criticism I remember from the reviews, so know your return policy.

I dontvwatcg the shiw, but i. Intrigued about the concept you are referring to so I was looking for a video clip. What color was the dress?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

https://www.gossipcop.com/kaylee-millis-cyrus-spencer-so-you-think-you-can-dance-video-first-live-performance-sytycd-august-7-watch/

Here's an article with a video clip, but there are also a couple photos where you can just see how Kaylee's shoulders just aren't quite in keeping with the dress. And she has beautiful shoulders...just a mismatch in my eyes.

I agree, that dress just doesn't work for her. It has too much going on up top for a costume, and the fabric looks heavy and has no flow. Is it supposed to be an evening gown or what? It doesn't look comfortable, and even though it fit her perfectly that top made me nervous. I don't know what that dress is supposed to say about her character or the dance. Just wrong on lots of counts. That designer didn't do her any favors.

I once had a costume designer hand me a pair of pants to try while she was experimenting with some ideas. I took one look and told her they would look terrible on me and I didn't like them. She said how do you know? I have known since junior high that I can't wear gathered waists. I put them on and she immediately took them back. :)

That dress looked awful on her . They tried to fit her in a role that was not her .I used to love that show but I haven't watched it in awhile .

Margaret , My daughter told me Disney Studios in under construction so it really is not worth more than half a day .

I'm happy y'all see what I mean with that dress! It's not so much a comment on style I think so much as knowing what kind of silhouette, cut, and fabric compliments a body shape. I think that is a bit what that Kibbe is all about.

Laurie, there is good cushioning in the sole of that shoe. The leather is soft and the wide straps kind of hug your feet so it all feels very supportive. I liked them so much, I also bought the black ones.

I guess you could call the sole squishy. Definitely not a flat sole. They call it a sport sandal.

Sally, I've been wondering about that and considering whether we should switch HS to Thursday (which is a short day) and do Epcot on our full day Friday. Or do HS Thurs, AK Fri, and Epcot Sat. It really depends on which park we want the full day for.

Wow, take a day off the boards & everybody chats!

Margaret, I'd do full Day at Epcot, it's not as frenetic.

Anita, never seen the show, looked at the clip & agreed with everyone's comments...what were they thinking with that outfit?

Thanks for the tips on the tours in St M. I actually think we might try the Americas Cup Racing...we're there on our 48th anniversary so why not do something really unusual (& I love to sail). Les will do anything as long as it doesn't include a bus tour [emoji849]. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, Anita, I watch So You Think You Can Dance. Although I have NO dance experience, I enjoy watching. I think the girl and Cyrus are both great dancers but understood what Nigel meant when he said she needed to be more airy. I never realized before that maybe the clothing caused them to appear too grounded? I. Think. the concept was returning from an evening out--ergo the evening attire--but the normally great costume department could have done better by both dancers to have envisioned them returning from a rock concert or a different event. Their clothing made me think of an evening at the opera. I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the room about this fashion stuff and I don't want to profile anyone, but wouldn't the blue hair have been a clue of some kind?

I record SYTYCD and watch after-the-fact, so I haven't watched the entire episode, but I like what I've seen so far. The competitors are so very talented. Even some of the kids that were sent home were really good to this uneducated spectator. I just love Fik-shun and have since he won his season. I'm still watching taped episodes of World of Dance, and so far, Fik-shun is still in that competition after the first Duel. Guess I need to finish it up before I inadvertently spoil it for myself.

Yes, tree farm here we come! Did you ever manage to take a trip to see that area?

Margaret , AK is the largest of the parks and now with Avatar land it has a lot to do . If you have already been to Epcot I would do the full day at AK . We will be there during the food and wine festival so we are going to eat & drink our way through Epcot .Disney Studios would only be a half day with all the construction and they do not have the Osborn lights display this year .

I found the sandals on line (black suede only) at DSW. Also found them in metallic, nutmeg & black leather at Dillard's on line. I'm going to check Dillards tomorrow to see if they're in store. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went to Epcot solo! DH had a conference in Orlando over our anniversary weekend (10 or so years ago?), so I went with and we did MK and MGM (now DHS) together, and then I went to Epcot on one of his working days. I have vague memories of riding Soarin' and eating by the aquarium, hating Mission: Space, and ending the day by riding Test Track 5 or 6 times in a row (those solo lines are awesome.)

I've decided to make a list of our must-see items for each park and then see which list is longest. That will decide whether we do AK or Epcot on Friday. I think we'll stick with DHS for Thursday.

I got a cute shift dress at CHarming Charlie today, will try to get a good pick for you later. I"m off to Zumba. :)

Everyone here knows so much about Disney, Universal Studios, Epcot, etc. Well, at least I can say I went to Universal Studios once for three days! It was a lot of fun, but I admit I'm not a big ride person.

Margaret, when my daughter was doing her internship in Albany, there was a mall there and we went to Charming Charlie. As you can imagine, it was like heaven for me with all that jewelry and other accessories. I have been itching to go back since, but there isn't a store around here. Anyway, we picked her up a dress there and she still wears regularly. They have some cute stuff there.

I think I will mosey over to their website...

I have just over 3 weeks to my cruise! Yay, me! :D If I can, I would like to find a pair of casual sandals for when I'm on board. I asked if those that you have, Anita, are squishy because ever since I had that day where I stepped on my foot wrong, that Morton's Neueroma has been bothersome off and on. It's a strange sensation, like a pinching when you step down. I find that shoes and sandals that are well cushioned are the most comfortable. I can wear just about anything, and the problem isn't severe, but it is almost completely non existent when shoes fit well, and they are cushioned.

For that reason, I've gotten rid of a few pairs of work shoes I have. With my sandals, they are just due for replacement. A while back, I posted pictures of my go to sandals, and I love them. But I would like something that looks a little nicer, a go with everything casual sandal. That is why I am interested in the ones you have. I'm going to look around a bit and see what I find.

Another helpful thing is a soft fabric rather than a leather like one. That isn't a necessity, but I do like that.

SYTYCD...I agree, the minute I saw her hair with that dress, I said "this doesn't look right". It's one of those things. It was definitely a mismatch.

And I couldn't dance if my life depended on it, but I enjoy watching others dance.

The sandals are Sofft brand Mirabelle style. I bought mine at Nordstrom but they don't have the brown available online now. The style is still out there but the colors are different.

LOVE your outfit! I just ordered those sandals in the gold color from Nordstrom. Hope they work for me. Based on the reviews, I sized down a half size due to having narrow feet. I just hope the ankle straps don't bother me.

Jane

I'm experimenting with loading photos from Google Drive, since PB doesn't work here anymore. :( Let me know if you see anything in my GD that you shouldn't be! I have to hunt for a new third-party hosting site, any recce's? I liked that the photo would pop up in here, not just a link to a photo.

Edited by MJC
I just removed the photos because you could get to my email from them. :0 I'll try again!

After reading about all the parks, and thinking hard about what we might like, here is the final order!

Thursday - Epcot, including IllumiNations, and probably lots of eating and drinking... but only after the flying rides.

Friday - Animal Kingdom - so much to do here, and an evening safari! I think this will be our fave.

Saturday - Hollywood Studios - no Star Wars show, but hey, we'll be leaving early to get to the beach :) I'm a bit disappointed to miss Fantasmic, but odds are high that we'll be back post-2019 when the new Star Wars part is open.

Edited by MJC
that's for Pam to figure out :)