Hotels in Seattle

betsie2312

We stayed at the Downtown Hilton one night before. We could easily walk to Pike Market and places downtown like the aquarium. The day of our return as we couldn't get a flight out until the next day we stayed at the Kimpton Monaco. You can request a goldfish in your room :) Our boys loved that. We took a taxi from there to the Space Needle (Uber and Lyft didn't exist at the time!).

We did light rail from the airport downtown and it was a short walk to the hotel. On return we took a large van (there were 10 of us) we had reserved ahead of time from the port to the Kimpton.

Good luck on finding a room.

If you're sailing next week and haven't made reservations, you may be in for a rude awakening.

Roz

I was thinking the same thing. It may be tough to find a decent hotel at a decent price. I'm sure you can still find something, but we made our reservations about 6 months before we went. As far as where to go, there's a lot to see!

Here's my report on the things we did...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381435

If you're sailing next week and haven't made reservations, you may be in for a rude awakening.

Roz

I agree.

HOWEVER....... we stayed at The Moore Hotel on 2nd and Virgina post cruise for four days. Older, historic hotel that have very clean and spacious rooms with private as well as shared baths. Only downside is that they don't have AC but the windows open and it was a non issue with us. About a block from Pike Place and a couple of blocks to the waterfront. We absolutely loved the place

We paid $128 a night in early September last year - 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of other hotels especially in the area. I just checked and they still have Queen rooms available next Friday nite with private bath for $137