Can I bring guests on board for the day?

firsttimers68

I wish O wouldn't allow this. I'm sure the vast majority of the time everything would be fine, but in this day of security issues, I'm surprised that they still allow ship visits from non-passengers or non-crew during a cruise.

Often the crew will be allowed to bring some family onboard & show them around their workplace

I am sure there is a lot of checking on credentials before this happens

Security prevents this. I don't know who told you Seaborne allows it. As far as I know NO cruise line has allowed this in years! The only time I've heard of it is for Travel Agents & advertisers.

Seabourn have only fairly recently stopped this.......Silversea still do offer this' date=' check their website.[/quote']

I was on Seabourn as a guest in March this year for dinner in Singapore. So unless they have stopped this within the last few months I am not sure that you are correct.

Julie

I was on Seabourn as a guest in March this year for dinner in Singapore. So unless they have stopped this within the last few months I am not sure that you are correct.

Julie

+1

Visiting the ships is actually becoming more common, again.

That said, security is tight and the Lines definitely view it as a privilege rather than a right.

The guest policy has recently been changed. We learned of it by chance when we were disembarking in Bermuda on Sirena last month. We overheard the people on line next to us mention that friends were coming aboard for lunch.

We inquired of the Concierge and learned of the policy. You need to request the visit 48 hours in advance and fill out a form with the guests’ information including passport number. There is a fee for each meal. I think lunch was $35 p.p., so much for high tea, so much for dinner, etc. We subsequently took advantage of this and it worked well.

This is the way it always has been... On Boarding day it can be crazy and they often say no. However, during a cruise I have, following the procedure mentioned above had lunch and dinner guests in LA, Tahiti, Hawaii, New Zealand

Crystal allows this in certain ports of call...they have two plans, with different prices depending if you want to bring guests aboard and just have drinks, or have dinner and see show. These are typically in ports with an overnight stay. Guests can stay aboard until midnight.

Princess has a Bon Voyage Experience available at certain ports of call, where you can have guests aboard for a luncheon and ships tour.

As mentioned, Travel Agents are often taken aboard for lunch and ships tours at lots of ports. My World Ship Society branch, gets to "piggyback" along on these types of lunch visits, on several different ships calling or turning around here in New York.

We typically pay about $40. each for this, part of which goes into our organization's fund.:)

One nice thing about the Princess "BVE" that I didn't mention, is that if the visitors subsequently book their own Princess cruise afterwards, the full cost of the experience will be credited to their cruise.

So in essence, you get it "free".:cool:

One nice thing about the Princess "BVE" that I didn't mention, is that if the visitors subsequently book their own Princess cruise afterwards, the full cost of the experience will be credited to their cruise.

So in essence, you get it "free".:cool:

it would not be enticing enough for us to go on Princess even if the cruise was free

once was enough

YMMV

All this be that it may I just got my docs for our upcoming cruise and it says no visitors allowed on board. Apparently there can be exceptions.

I guess it is like some of their other polices

flexible :halo: