JEWEL b2b (Greece/W Med) semi-live Aug24 - Sept14 REVIEW w/lots of photos

Monument of Victor Emanuele

e3d75ee7face973bde1379bda28fd4f9.jpg

View from the roof

2299b88a1875479ce37a87f93d2cf019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad that it took you no time to go through security and get out of that airport, it took me 3 hours last month. Your pictures are incredible, they're bringing back so many good memories. Is it your first time to Rome? It truly is a timeless city! :hearteyes:

G'morn from Rome and the Borghese Gardens and Gallery. We walked around last night after dinner

627ce90fa377d69196fd2707d95476c6.jpg

Free wifi around the Borghese... Folks, I've been to Rome 5th time now, and this was my first time to the gallery.... Wow, what an idiot I was! An absolute MUST see, must must must. Simply beautiful

7eb4403d3b5a480d9b2935e202cb3446.jpg

[emoji112][emoji112] travelling along vicariously.... and wishing I was back on board!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey little Britain!! Thx for dropping by.

You live close enough to do just that [emoji6]

Btw Thx to everyone who's dropped in this far and to those who wished me well re family matters etc

Another incredible day site seeing.

Piazza del Popolo

d0aae7283f158e5393a8fe32d5c0648b.jpg

We made are way towards the Spanish Steps and decided to stop in a not so busy smaller street before we got to the mess of people closer in. How we picked the restaurant? Italian menu in the wall (little English) and Italians conversing and eating ( locals, a very good sign), and a busy place inside and out: We chose the final table for two outside and made friend with the gents next to us... Mauricio from Rome and his friend Sergio from Sicily. Sergio gave me his number and invited us to Sicily any time lol!!! His son wants to visit Canada so I returned the offer. We had a spectacular non touristy lunch with a homemade pasta and homemade excellent red wine. Perfecto!!!

445ca1bca395d679a2f0fb4d7d32b354.jpg

Gelato at Fontana de Trevi

a588116caa5cc52ff30132cb9f91c9d4.jpg

Piazza Nationale

c747547a8c40aa0b23fbe4019777f44f.jpg

Santa Maria Maggiore

dbf714ef4527e05d8e409cbc8d5cf5c0.jpg

Currently chilling out our room, meeting Beachcruzer and DH for dinner and another early evening to bed. Will start with all the good Jewel stuff tomorrow... Embarkation day!!!! G'night everyone [emoji1]

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your trip with us. We are booked for a B2B (sort-of) next summer - 7 nights on the Constellation from Venice, 1 nt in Rome, followed by the same itin as you on the Jewel. Living vicariously through you and taking lots of notes! Buon Viaggio!

Yes you are correct. Sicily/ Mykonos/Santorini/Rhodes/Athens/Naples.

I love how your cruise is essentially backing right up to mine. You get off and I get on....the 10th. Your cruise makes it ever so closer. Looking forward to your review. I will be staying at the Albergo del Senato right next to the Pantheon for 3 days prior to the cruise.

I wasnt going to do the Borghese and opt for a tour of the travestere area but perhaps I will reconsider that.

I hope you have a great cruise!

A few more

2ca23c59bc26f70128a3ed47e1747fae.jpg

e27bb2a271ce4e9a7153cbd375f8e84c.jpg

1st look as we arrived... Great driver "cabs4rome", Maurizio. 135 euro shared with Beachcruzer and DH. Waaaaaaaaay better than the train in a nice Mercedes van.

72c52a2cdc34c23aedb8bf0d081dd341.jpg

Beachcruzer mentioned it was the quickest she ever got on board. No joke maybe 10min from giving porter our luggage, checking we walked right up to a desk clerk, and walking to the gangway. Superb

c7b7a0b4a4d932d3d23974292acc449e.jpg

WJ back deck for lunch with Oceania Riviera and an MSC ship docked with us

df91f0cbb96de9731857476395a3996a.jpg

Time to go explore and chill Out at pool deck. Tomorrow at sea so likely mom posting folks. Next you'll hear from me is beautiful Santorini.

Ciao for now