Celebration?

rwillis9

Hi,

My wife and I are booked on the Celebration for April 2, 07. This is for our first anniversary and we had our honeymoon cruise last year on the Carnival Victory. We are in our late 20's (don't anyone tell my wife I wrote that :eek:) and we are hoping to get out and about more this cruise. My question is that is there enough to do on the Celebration? We really enjoyed the balcony on the Victory, and I know my wife will miss that, but this was more of booking for convience and price. There are a few alternatives that we could do. My PVP did come through and got us a Guarantee Ocean View rate and upgraded us to a 6D Empress Cabin for no extra charge. We were out the door for 1238.76 for everything. This is all a surprise for my wife. I am planning on us just getting in the car and telling her what types of outfits she needs and how many days. Straight down I-95. We may leave the day before and stay in Jacksonville and do the park and cruise thing. She knows that I am looking into a cruise again, but I have her head spinning and she does not know (I leave brochures around for other types of trips and her eyes get really big.) Any input is greatly appreciated!

Lots of things to do in Jacksonville. This is a good start:

http://www.jaxcvb.com/flash.asp

If you're going to drive down I95, you may prefer to park your car at the terminal. Not only is your car in a gated and guarded lot, you can also leave immediately after disembarking. It's nice to control your own destiny!

The Celebration is a lovely little ship. She isn't nearly as big as most of her sisters in the Carnival fleet, but you shouldn't find any shortage of things to do. There is no supper club or grandiose atrium, but you will get great service, see excellent performances and find plenty of places to unwind and enjoy your vacation.

Thanks for the reply. We live in Cary, NC, so not too far from you. I am the anal retentive type when trying to make surprises for my wife, and this is defintly one that I want to make special. Although I think she would be happy on anything (a lifeboat even) if they gave her some sort of chocolate at night :rolleyes: . I have also looked at the Ecstasy and Splendour of the Seas out of Galveston and with seperate airfare would work out about the same flying out of RDU. Thanks again for the reply!

My wife and I are in our late 20's too. We were just on the Celebration a couple of weeks ago. Everything is pretty fresh in my memory, so let me know if you have any other questions. Flying is definitely the way to go for a cruise out of Galveston, but Jacksonville and the Celebration are an easy drive from our area... less than seven hours if you keep up with traffic.

We recently did 5 day on this ship.

You probably will find it lacking in things to do.(unless you like Bingo)

For instance--no water in pools or hot tubs. No dancing b-4 dinner.

It was fine for a relaxing 5 day brek for us old people, but definitely lacking in "things to do"

It was fine for a relaxing 5 day brek for us old people, but definitely lacking in "things to do"

well we are about to take this cruise,we are in our 20's and i've read about this ship in every site possible,it's def a nice thing when ur only 15 mins from the port, we'll be on here in Jan,I will be glad to email you a personal review and send hundreds of pictures if you like. hope you guys have a great time!!!

My husband and I just back from this cruise,(11/18/06) this was also our anniversary 15 years :D. There is definately plenty to do. You can stay as busy as you want or do nothing at all. I will say this was kind of a surprise for me as well as he had it booked and all with out saying anything. He did have to tell me as I had to make arrangements for the children. For us this was just a do nothing and relax get away. We are only about 20 min from the port which was nice also. As others have said the ship is one of the oldest and smallest but the attention from the steward and waiters and such is out of this world. The ship is very clean and you can tell the crew takes pride in what they do. Any other questions let me know.

I have been on 10 different cruise ships on three lines (including the Celebration here in Jacksonville). As far as "things to do," they are all about the same. Granted, the newer ships have ice skating, mini golf, rock climbing, but the basics are all there. We have really enjoyed the Celebration and are going again for the New Year's Eve cruise. You will enjoy it.

If you are driving down the day before and like the beach enviroment, stay at the Quality Inn or Comfort Inn in Jacksonville Beach. You'll be right on the ocean for a reasonable price and within walking distance of about two dozen restaurants and bars. It's about a 25 minute drive to the terminal from there.

P.S. there is water in the pools and hottubs!

My husband and I were on the Celebration for our Honeymoon in Nov. 2005 (5 days in the Bahamas) and we had a really great time! As you have read the ship is smaller and older, but don't let that mislead you. It's a clean ship and we found plenty to do and the staff and crew were great also. We had an oceanview cabin and it was nice.

We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary and were just on the Legend (8 days in the Southern Carib) and we had yet again a really great time! This ship is larger and newer and we got a free upgrade to an 8A Balcony! AWESOME let me tell you!! We enjoyed this ship a little more than the Celebration only b/c it was bigger and newer; they have the Golden Fleece Supper Club (excellent food!); the disco, Medusa's Lair, was always full of people who loved to dance which we enjoyed watching each night and even danced ourselves; the pools on deck were nicer and we had a balcony!!! Aside from these couple things we didn't find much difference between the Legend and the Celebration. We enjoyed them both very much and got the same great service on both!

I say go for it - I am sure you and your wife will enjoy yourselves regardless of the ship b/c you'll be celebrating 1 year of marriage and that makes for a great time regardless of the ship you're on! Kudos to you for suprising your wife...that's so darn sweet!!! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :D

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! We are going on her the end of July and would really apprieciate an update after your cruises! We also choose her because of convience (we are just outside of Charleston, SC so only about 3-4 hr drive). But have been going back and forth because of how small and old she is, although the price is definitily winning right now! We will also be taking our kids, 15, 12(turning 13 on board), 10.

Archived