Shoes...Cute or comfy!!!

mamasue

I've been trying for days to find a pair of cute but comfy shoes....just black, with about a 2" heel, to wear with dresses (not formal)

I've tried loads of cute.... but really uncomfortable.

Or.... comfy but ugly.....No happy medium!

Really......I'm not hard to please!!!!:o

Isn't that aggravating? The so called "comfort" brands are generally ugly as all get-out....just keep trying...there are some shoes that are both comfy and cute...but it takes a LOT of trying on (and walking around the store) to find!

I was looking again today... we cruise Monday!

I found one pair in the mall.... but they were $220!:eek:

The day I spend $220 on a pair of shoes for a cruise is the day I know I've lost my mind!!

I can't do uncomfortable.....so tomorrow I'll go back and look for slightly-less-ugly!

That's the problem when a person lives in sneakers and flipflops!!!:(

comfy and cute never work for me either...i cant wear heels dont think i would bring them on a cruise if i could but finding a little strappy sandal with a small heel for dress was impossible but i finally did.......mostly my evening footwear consists of thong/flip flop style as my feet change so much on a cruise and they have to be comfy....GOOD LUCK!!

What were the pumps that the ladies were playing basketball in the commercials? I've always looked for a cute black pump that I could walk in. If others could play basketball, I should be able to walk! :rolleyes:

One thing I MUST HAVE is a rubber sole on the ball of the foot. The all leather ones are too slippery! Good luck and please post if you find one that's comfortable!

This is always a problem, especially when you have bad feet. I manage to find some that are at least pretty cute and yet I can wear without dying, but it takes some serious looking.

I find wedge heels are much more comfortable for me. They generally aren't as dressy, though.

I agree that Nine West has some comfy, not bad looking, shoes.

Unfortunately, shoe recommendations are tough, since we all have very different feet. What works for me might not work for someone else.

Unfortunately, shoe recommendations are tough, since we all have very different feet. What works for me might not work for someone else.

So very true.

What works for me is to find shoes that are almost comfortable, then use products to adapt them to my feet. Not only do I have a hard to fit foot, my right foot needs more arch support.

I do not believe you should ever buy a shoe that needs "breaking in". Your poor feet have to go through so much agony to break in a shoe and who knows if it will work. I use heel liners, arch supports (different types depending on the shoe), I really love insolias: http://insolia.com/ for higher heels. I will say that I rarely have heels higher than 3".

I even go as far as trying on several pair of the same shoe, same size. The inside stitching can be different from one pair to another.. This is the biggest reason I would never order shoes online, I only buy in person. I understand if you don't live near shopping, but shoes are like jeans, no two pair fit alike and sizes vary so dramatically between manufacturers.

Not sure if you want an inclosed shoe or not. But New Balance makes Aravon shoes. I like the Phoebe. It is totally adjustable and has arch support. I have it in 5 different leathers. Where I live they sell them at Irving's Shoes.

http://www.shopnewbalance.com/aravon/womens-shoes/stridarc/WSP02BK

http://www.zappos.com/aravon-phoebe

They also have enclosed shoes:

http://www.shopnewbalance.com/aravon/womens-shoes

I do not believe you should ever buy a shoe that needs "breaking in". Your poor feet have to go through so much agony to break in a shoe and who knows if it will work.

All shoes will have a breaking in period no matter what you do. You can help alleviate pain from it by using aids and doing it properly... but the material won't fully be stretched or flexible until it has been used (unless you're buying something made of canvase). Vinyl and leather both change their shape and flexibility with use. you don't have to go through agony to break in a shoe if you're doing it properly. By wearing them just a few hours a day for a week or two before you need them for heavy use you'll have them fitting properly.

Here's the ad I was talking about!

OK, so it was 1993, they're probably out of style, but the concept is still good. Look at the current style of Easy Spirit.... not that different!

http://www.zappos.com/easy-spirit-quent-black-leather

I've never tried the easy spirit heels (I don't wear heels) but I do love their line for walking/running shoes. They are high quality and last me a long time and extremely comfortable and supportive.

These look pretty cute:

PG.LINORET.BLKBKLE.PE.jpg?sw=126&sh=126

I have hard to fit feet, but recently discovered Ecco shoes, from Denmark. I have both the Ecco "Casual Bouillon" sandal and the "Groove T-strap", both very similar in looks, which will go with either a skirt or pants. The Groove is a little sturdier for long walking. I took those on a recent Med cruise, and walked everywhere in them and also wore them to dinner on casual nights. They run about $100 - $120, but are worth every penny!

I don't do comfy in the evening, I glam it up all the way.

During the day I stoat about in sneakers or sandals and the most comfortable I have found are Bjorn, like slippers. I have 4 pairs in different styles and color, white,black,green and gold so can match my outfits during the day but still be comfortable

I have more shoes packed than anything else but luckily only live 50 minutes from the port so no baggage allowances to worry about!

I was looking again today... we cruise Monday!

I found one pair in the mall.... but they were $220!:eek:

The day I spend $220 on a pair of shoes for a cruise is the day I know I've lost my mind!!

I can't do uncomfortable.....so tomorrow I'll go back and look for slightly-less-ugly!

That's the problem when a person lives in sneakers and flipflops!!!:(

I have a pair of tevas that I can easily wear with dresses and they are flat strap-ons - teva is not just all terrain shoes - they even have some with wedges if you like a little height. Merrell also has some styles that might work for you. Best thing with both of these, I find there is no break in period - just put them on and you're good to go - all day long - cushiony, flexible - they're great.

Both are priced well under $200 - under $100 - google both and see if there are any styles you might like and then go track them down. (just an FYI - I've found them occasionally in Marshalls, TJ Maxx, doesn't mean they'll be there when you need them or in your size for 1/2 the price of regular stores or on-line)

Happy sailing.

I don't do comfy in the evening, I glam it up all the way.

During the day I stoat about in sneakers or sandals and the most comfortable I have found are Bjorn, like slippers. I have 4 pairs in different styles and color, white,black,green and gold so can match my outfits during the day but still be comfortable

I have more shoes packed than anything else but luckily only live 50 minutes from the port so no baggage allowances to worry about!

Hi,:) good morning....when you say in the first sentenece you don't

do comfy in the evening? So, you are in constant pain every night

night of your cruise?:eek: I love dressing up in the evenings too:) but

not at the expense of being uncomfortable all night.

I didn't know they were mutually exclusive of each other. I have been

able to find pretty shoes that are comfy or if you want to say comfy

shoes that are pretty;)

Hi,:) good morning....when you say in the first sentenece you don't

do comfy in the evening? So, you are in constant pain every night

night of your cruise?:eek: I love dressing up in the evenings too:) but

not at the expense of being uncomfortable all night.

I didn't know they were mutually exclusive of each other. I have been

able to find pretty shoes that are comfy or if you want to say comfy

shoes that are pretty;)

Lois, maybe "comfy shoes" is just a figure of speech as we all have differing ideas and levels of comfort.

Comfortable "evening or dress" shoes to me are like something my mother or grandmother would wear, yes they can be pretty but I just love high heels and where they might not be the most comfortable things to wear in compassion to say ballet pumps the clothes I wear in the evening wouldn't look right without high heels and having them on just a few hours they are not uncomfortable per se but I wouldn't go walking about ashore with them on sort of thing but to go from cabin to MDR, the cabaret etc no problems whatsoever.

Perhaps when I get to my mothers age (60) I may well reconsider:D. I mean absolutely no offense to anyone but the picture of shoes above are something my grandmother might wear and my mother or I never would, so I guess what is ones idea of comfortable and cute is definitely not anothers.

I guess I am just a bit of an over the top person when it comes to shoes, they are my true weakness and I quite often get stopped and asked where did you get those shoes as I just love things out of the ordinary, so being on the cruise gives me the opportunity to strutt my stuff...lol

Perhaps when I get to my mothers age (60) I may well reconsider:D. I mean absolutely no offense to anyone but the picture of shoes above are something my grandmother might wear and my mother or I never would, so I guess what is ones idea of comfortable and cute is definitely not anothers.

Clearly not the same idea of comfortable or cute... since I would wear those at 42 and have worn shoes much like that since my early 20s (if forced to wear a heel to begin with).

I found a nice dressy flat to go with my next cruise outfits instead.

ellen-tracy-macys-shoes-boots-shoes-ceres-flats.jpg

Try Clark's. I had one pair of loafers I just about wore out; finally replaced them a month ago with an equally comfortable pair. They aren't glamorous, but worth every penny! [$115] - but they aren't super ugly either. Clark's also has dress shoes. You can look on line to see if there is anything that might appeal.

Clearly not the same idea of comfortable or cute... since I would wear those at 42 and have worn shoes much like that since my early 20s (if forced to wear a heel to begin with).

I found a nice dressy flat to go with my next cruise outfits instead.

ellen-tracy-macys-shoes-boots-shoes-ceres-flats.jpg

Absolutely and we all have different ideas and I had hoped I wouldn't cause offence when using that original picture as an example.

The newer flat shoe you posted above is certainly much nicer than the first one, it's not something I could wear with my evening dresses but during the day I would consider it, oh goodness that might come across as cheeky again, but hey I am a straight talking gal!:p

I am glad we are all different, it is what makes the world go round.

Archived