Lima, Peru Private Tours

2ashevillesailors

Last March on the Star Princess, a group of us from the ship met with Lima Culinary and Sightseeing Tours. It was great. We visited several restaurants in the city to taste Peruvian food and toured the city and suburbs, like Miraflores. Also sampled pisco sours and learned how they were made. I don't have the web site but I am sure you can google them. I highly recommend.

Bill

Last March on the Star Princess, a group of us from the ship met with Lima Culinary and Sightseeing Tours. It was great. We visited several restaurants in the city to taste Peruvian food and toured the city and suburbs, like Miraflores. Also sampled pisco sours and learned how they were made. I don't have the web site but I am sure you can google them. I highly recommend.

That sounds wonderful! Do you remember the per person cost?

That sounds wonderful! Do you remember the per person cost?

Sorry, I don't remember the cost but I did find their website. It was not that expensive and we were out until 11 PM. The Star stayed overnight in Lima (Callao). Again, it was very enjoyable and the owner spoke excellent English having studied in the U.S. His spouse, who did a different tour, is a U.S. citizen.

www.limaculinarytour.com

Again, I highly recommend this tour. It is also highly rated on TripAdvisor.

Have fun,

Bill

Last year I spent 10 days in Peru. Five of those days were in Lima.

I used two different private tours and each were excellent and would book with both in a heartbeat and suggested them to others.

My first private tour was the Peruivan Local Friend Private Day Tours. I did the 8 hour walking tour. The husband and wife Sandra and Alonso were my guides. I wanted a true local vibe and they gave it to me. We spent the bulk of the time downtown enjoying the buildings, the local stores, a pisco sour, the markets and great lunch at a small eatry.

The following day I used Haku tours for a shanty town and cemetery tour with lunch.

The local marker where Edwin took me was great. The people were nice and proud of their items. The shanty town portion was an eye opener on how the majority of the people in Lima live. No worries about being harm. The people were nice and while they don't have much, the warmth was amazing.

We next went to lunch at a local place which was packed. The fish was fresh off the boat and so good. The chica was yummy.

The second part was the cemetery tour. This is a must if you can do it! One of Edwin other guides joined us since he was knowledgeable about the cemetery. I love the fact able to take photos without being rushed.

Both of these tours were reasonable price and every attention to details and my request were met. Both do tours with both people who fly in and with cruises.

You can't go wrong with either one!

• 2 weeks later...

Did a private tour to Pachacamac ruins and then back to the gold museum (a group of ten of us got together via cruise critic) with a fabulous guide called Paul Cusinga. He was a real gentleman, speaks excellent English and will work out an itinerary for whatever you want to do.

Also if you run your ideas past him he'll tell you if they are feasible or not. We worked out our own itinerary with him and it was the best of the cruise.

His email address is: info@peruincawonders.com

I hope that, whatever you decide to do, you have a fabulous trip.

Good luck.

Norwegian Wind - Alaska - Sept. 2002

Norwegian Crown - New England & Canada - Oct. 2004

Regal Princess - Manaus to F.L. - April 2006

Celebrity Summit - Panama Canal - Feb.2007

Norwegian Jade - Egypt & Greek Islands - Sept 2009

Celebrity Infinity - Chile to Fort Lauderdale- December 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Since our tour in Lima with Aaron Leyton a few weeks ago, I have done a lot of thinking about what constitutes a great tour because this was a very good one. First, it was a small group, compared with one of those big bus tours of a city. Second, it was highly individualized and tailored to the interests and needs of our particular group of four people. This requires the tour guide to be very flexible. Last, and most important, we not only saw the cultural differences between our own two countries and Peru , but actually experienced them as well.

Let me give several examples of what I mean and explain why Aaron’s all day of Lima tour was one of the best tours I have ever taken – anywhere. Aaron knew that I have mobility problems and walking even short distances is very difficult for me. On his own initiative, he brought a wheelchair in his van for me and his brother came along to push it for me. I was able to get around so much better and faster this way. Second, the highlight of the tour was when he brought us back to his house and his mother prepared a wonderful home-cooked meal for us. While she cooked, Aaron showed us how to prepare the perfect pisco sour and then we all enjoyed a glass. But, back to the meal. This was an authentic Peruvian meal and every dish was beyond delicious. How many tourists to a foreign country get to do something like this? Not many, in my estimation. This was far better than eating in a local restaurant. It was the best way to experience, and not just observe, the cultural differences between our two countries and to really appreciate them.

Well done Aaron. It was a very memorable day thanks to you.

Should you want to contact Aaron about a future tour in Lima or elsewhere in Peru, here is his contact information.

Email: aaron@tourguideperu.com

Web site: www.tourguideperu.com

Phone: (+51) 997898502

Edited by Orlando Vic

Hello,

We just returned from Lima and took 3 tours with Haku tours. They were great! We did a photo tour of the lighted buildings around the main plaza at night, then went to the Fountain Park, which was fantastic!!!! The most memorable lasar-music show we have ever seen.

The following day Edwin took us to the ruins South of Lima, which were very interesting. Edwin shared so much of his knowledge about the ruins, the civilization at that time and the restoration that is taking place.

Our third tour was a walk through a nature preserve, which was interesting.

Happy Travels.

• 3 weeks later...

Our 3 days with the same Tourist-board Licensed driver was Giovanni. We're Independent Snoopers, we don't do 'Tours'. I luckily latched onto him at the Callao Port Security Turnstile. marley_34_1@hotmail.com (as in: marley 'understrike' 34 'understrike' 1@hotmail.com) and if you have Int'l Cell Plan his #Ph at #981238022 once we were ashore is how we communicated. I speak limited Spanish, but I had a Plan.

I wanted Giovanni to hit some 'High Spots' and skip the chaff..so off we went each day at 9/am. Larco Museum and my 'Must-do' Meal at Taberna Antigua Quirolo for killer Lunch and Pisco Sours one day, followed by my quirky Catacomb snoopings etc. on other days made for one fine time. We even saw his lovely Wife and 2 children in his neighborhood!! He had a nice Air-Cond. sedan and he $$Paid$$ for everything...itemized it..then Totalled the Bill each evening in $USD$; Such a deal we thought. It cost about $160/day USD Total for us. Eliminating the gritty Callao Port madhouse scene was worth 1/2 that. Locomotiveman

Edited by Locomotiveman
typo on an address

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

We just returned from Lima and took 3 tours with Haku tours. They were great! We did a photo tour of the lighted buildings around the main plaza at night, then went to the Fountain Park, which was fantastic!!!! The most memorable lasar-music show we have ever seen.

The following day Edwin took us to the ruins South of Lima, which were very interesting. Edwin shared so much of his knowledge about the ruins, the civilization at that time and the restoration that is taking place.

Our third tour was a walk through a nature preserve, which was interesting.

Happy Travels.

Another happy customer of Haku tours.

We were collected at the dock by Daisy, our guide, and Ernest, the driver. We had a tour of the beach area, the shanty town (our request), went for lunch in a local cafe (very good) and ended with a walking tour of the centre of Lima. We were taken to the airport in time for our evening flight.

Daisy was an excellent guide who spoke very good English.

Edited by Lady Meer