New and current weight watchers

I am restarting today. Although I have no idea what I weigh. I need to buy a new scale. So after work today I am going to head to Target and get one. I cruise in 333 days. I need to really lose about 100 pounds. But just going with the be smaller by the cruise. I ordered some clothes from Old Navy that may end up being way to big by the cruise. But I think the dresses will work even being baggy. We will see.

• 4 weeks later...
I am restarting today. Although I have no idea what I weigh. I need to buy a new scale. So after work today I am going to head to Target and get one. I cruise in 333 days. I need to really lose about 100 pounds. But just going with the be smaller by the cruise. I ordered some clothes from Old Navy that may end up being way to big by the cruise. But I think the dresses will work even being baggy. We will see.

Good luck. WW really works if you go to the meeting and track. You can do it!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been "watching " since we got back from July cruise. I started ww in October. I'm down 24lbs. We are going on a long cruise over the holidays & im getting scared. I really don't want to gain. Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congrats on your weight loss, 24 pounds is a chunk of chub to lose. I need to lose about 40ish and would like to lose some or all before my May cruise to Canada.

I believe WW is rolling out their new program in early December. It sounds like mostly "tweaks" but rumors of some proteins being zero points and daily points allowance being lower sounds like it will require some adjustments.

I'm struggling but sometimes if you embrace the changes you can recapture "honeymoon" stage of weight loss- that's what I'm hoping :)

• 1 month later...

Weight Watchers is a great program, but I just couldn’t get in the groove with it. I switched to a different program and successfully have lost over 60 lbs (have 55 more to go!) since May! I even climbed the rock wall on our 12/16 Norwegian Epic cruise! Feel to reach out to see if this program might be a better fit for you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a WW Lifetime member who is trying to get back and stay at my preferred weight. It's not a lot that I have to lose but even losing a pound is a lot of work for me. I feel like my eating is under control (most days) so now I just have to get active again. We cruise December 2018 Miami to Valparaiso so my goal is to be a few pounds under my preferred weight so I have a little wiggle room on the cruise.

• 1 month later...

Just joined WW 2 weeks ago. Made lifetime in 1992 before my 2 daughters were born and haven't been back since.

Have over 100 lbs to lose and now is the time. I have some support from my daughters and sister who are doing the Freestyle program with me. I love the app and the ability to take it to the grocery store and scan tons of things. We have even made the new 2 ingredient dough and it's makes terrific & yummy bagels.

We are cruising in September and I am excited about cruising in smaller clothes.

2 weeks and 8.6 pounds down.......

I rejoined online in May and am down 39.3 . I'm up and down week to week but 1.2 lb from goal. My original desire was to fit into my summer clothes for our cruise next month but I have surpassed that and Im a little worried that everything will be too big. I already need to get smaller pants as Im down to one pair of dress pants and they are hanging down quite a bit. I won't have to take my "fat squisher" for my cocktail dress:D.

I'm not complaining really but may try to do maintaining status to not lose too much more.

Joined WW two weeks ago as well. Also love the app on my phone so I can take it to the super market and barcode scan before I buy.

Love all the zero point options.

I gained 15 pounds from October 2016 due to family and political stress and too much traveling for pleasure and felt terrible.

Before our October anniversary celebratory cruise I was 159. Before I started WW I weighed 174. The most I've ever weighed besides during pregnancy.

It's not just about the way I look or the way my clothes fit. It's about lack of energy and too much bloat.

I've lost 4 lbs already and my clothes fit better but I feel fantastic. More energy less brain fog.

Any tips on how to keep going thru the two weeks on upcoming vacation and cruise on Celebrity Silhouette ???. Besides staying away from the pastry tray, tea time in Michael's club, those flat beads at luminae and treats at every turn, I plan to walk walk walk.

Too bad we can't scan items in the MDR or WJ to track while on board.

My cruise is still months away but I think my plan is to make smart choices while on my cruise. Lots of salads, fruits and veggies. Desserts if they are fabulous, but then only 3 bites. More activity including stairs.

For me, coming home from a cruise only 1 or 2 pounds up would be a big success.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds before September cruise and I think that's very achievable.

Too bad we can't scan items in the MDR or WJ to track while on board.

My cruise is still months away but I think my plan is to make smart choices while on my cruise. Lots of salads, fruits and veggies. Desserts if they are fabulous, but then only 3 bites. More activity including stairs.

For me, coming home from a cruise only 1 or 2 pounds up would be a big success.

My goal is to lose 40 pounds before September cruise and I think that's very achievable.

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement above (I highlighted in red). That would definitely hold me to task.

And I'm sure going to try keeping the plan alive by eating vegs, fruits, salads, chicken. All the free food. swipe off the sauces. more stairs, less vators. Takes me forever to lose anything so I'm going to try to be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. Problem is when you say no to a server they look horrified and sad. Got to stick to my guns. NO means NO.

AND You CAN do it!!!! 40 pounds til cruise IS doable. Good luck!!!!!

Friday weigh in update: Down 4.2 for a total of 12.8.

Need to stay focused. It's been 3 weeks and it's getting easier. Been trying out a lot of new recipes to try and "mix things up".

Big challenge this week is trying to put together a fun menu of snack type items for the Super Bowl!

So glad to have found you all! I’m a lifetime WW and went back 4 weeks ago about 10# over goal. Fighting my way back down About 8 pounds off, so far with a cruise on Reflection 2/19. I feel so much better. I’m starting to get a little nervous about maintaining on the cruise. I just love those giant cookies! So, more stairs, less cookies. My DH surprised me with a second cruise on March 17 for my 60th Birthday! I need to stay focused. So everyone, stay focused, keep your eye on the prize!

Struggled a bit over the weekend with out of town house guests and a Super Bowl party. Used some of my weeklies which I have not done before. But I wrote down everything I ate and when in doubt, rounded up so I feel like it all got documented.

Weigh in day is Friday so we will see then.

Hi everyone, WW-er here too. I joined in Sep, did great through early Nov fell off and finally just got back on track last weekend. I’m pretty worried about my April cruise. If it was a 5-7 night I wouldn’t worry too much but it’s a 12 night (+1 night pre-cruise). I’m not going to try for perfection but I can’t overindulge for nearly 2 weeks if I hope to return to plan when I get home. I really hope I make it through without too much of a gain!

Hope everyone is having a "loser" week! I had no loss at all until today. I'm so close to my goal, and it's moving at a snail's pace. I love the "freestyle" program, but the loss is slooooow! Tomorrow is weigh in, so I'm hoping.......!

Today's WI was very positive. - 3.8 for a total of 16.6. I am loving Freestyle. It gave me the flexibility to have Super Bowl snacks -- modified of course and still show a loss for the week.

My goal is to be able to ride the Zipline on Oasis on Royal Caribbean.

Does anyone know what the weight limit is? I know on many of the shore excursions it is a 250 limit.....

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

So glad you had a good weigh in! It DOES give you some wind beneath your wings, right? You have a great goal to zip line on Oasis! I did it. It was fun, but it’s over in the blink of an eye. But, it’s still fun and ou can go again simply by waiting in line again. It takes longer to wait and then ge5 the harness on than the whole zip line takes, lol

We braved a snow storm to attend our meeting today. Both my sister and I had great weighing, 2.8, 2.9. It was worth the effort. Overall, I think I’m losing faster than the points plus program with less counting and more flexibility.

I think it is 275 pounds. They make everyone step on a scale-even thin people-so be prepared! They do it in the metric system-so if you don't want to know your weight-don't convert it to pounds in your head. If you are close to the limit-go at the early part of your cruise-not the last day.

I have been doing WW for almost 2 years now and am lifetime and 50 lbs lighter. I have been in maintaining since Nov, 2016 and have done great until this pass December. My husband and I went to Disney World and then with the holidays I gained about 6 lbs back. Now I am trying to drop those 6 lbs before our cruise in April. I am having so much trouble the weight isn't moving. One week I'll be down maybe .8 than the next week I'm up a lb. I'm up and down from one week to the next, I don't know what else to do. Can't wait till the weather breaks and I can get more active, that might help. Good Luck to everyone here, we can do it, just have to stay on track.

Just spent a week precruise in Orlando eating out every night. Wanted a piece of key lime pie. 17 points. Ah well.

Cruising today. My pants still fit. So does my bra. Salad and chicken. Salad and chicken. No chocolate croissants at breakfast and no scones at tea. [emoji2][emoji2]

NJAloha - have a great time. Can't wait until it's my turn!! The great part about being on a cruise is my step count is always high and that helps offset some of my "choices".

If the zipline weight limit is 275 then I am already good. If it's 250 then I still have 6+ months to drop 20 pounds.

Love to hear more about your cruise Njaloha!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry to hear of your issues. There are quite a few at my meeting who are unable to do much exercise due to medical issues. You'd be surprised what alternatives we have come up with. Exercise is good IF we can do it. But that is not the whole program. They also teach you how to eat healthy. WW also had a cruise in May & they have another one in November that might be interesting to you. That's just another option for you. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Just remember that nutrition is more like 80-90% of weight loss success. I have found a different program that focuses more on nutrition and changing your daily habits for long term success if you’re Interested! Easiest thing i have ever done!

Hi WW members, I know how all of you feel, I’ve got to goal 2 years ago and just like everyone Else I’ve gone off the path. But I’m doing it on line it’s a struggle but we can do it...