Bring back Giovannis ......

ChipLondon

Never been to JO on land but we did one visit on Harmony. The apps were amazing. The main course was, how should I say............sucked. DW and I both ordered the ribeye steak. We should have listened to our waiter who said "don't order the ribeye, it's not good". So that was our fault. It was just like he said, not good.
Dilly Dilly!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So were you diagnosed with food poisoning or is this just self diagnosing? Food poisoning is usually very obvious. Getting sick, usually doesn’t take too long.... whereas Norovirus might not be as immediate.

JC

The two who were sick after Giovanni’s both had the seafood and both started with diarrhea and vomiting 2 hours after eating it. The rest of us had the veal ball. They got over it without going to the ship doctor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never been to JO on land but we did one visit on Harmony. The apps were amazing. The main course was, how should I say............sucked. DW and I both ordered the ribeye steak. We should have listened to our waiter who said "don't order the ribeye, it's not good". So that was our fault. It was just like he said, not good.

A wise man once told me only order a steak at a steak house.

For Jamie’s I would prob get a pasta dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Chef behind Michaels Genuine is also behind the operation of 150 Central Park, which in my view was better when it was operated in-house, Michaels Genuine is a very popular restaurant in Miami, but a completely different offering to that on board. Once 150 changed to a 3 course menu the standard of the food and presentation declined. I hope that Royal recognise the talents that they have in their Senior F&B team, and allow them to show a creative side,, that is less restricted by the budgets of the MDR.

Wonderland is a typical example of what can be achieved, now I appreciate that not everyone wants to be really creative with their food, but with the current Up Charge applied to the speciality dining, expectations are increased along with the increased prices.

I just learned that the "Michael's Genuine Pubs", on the three Quantum class ship's are also a shore side affiliation, and that at the end of this month, they will each be renamed into an in-house pub....

I wonder if the fee to dine there will disappear (not likely, although NCL's "pub's" are complimentary)....

More info on the RCI blog....