High Speed Train from Paris to London

thepoint

We will be ending our river cruise in Paris. We would like to take the train to London. I would appreciate some tips on how to do this. Is it easy. Where exactly in London would we be? Any tips on where to stay in London. Thank you very much.

Eurostar goes from Gare du Nord to London's St Pancras station.

Best fares are by booking well in advance on https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en

Fares rise significantly close to the date.

Journey time is an hour longer than timings suggest, because the UK is an hour behind continental Europe.

St Pancras station is on the northern edge of central London.

If you use the tube (London's extensive underground system) all the sights are just a few minutes away.

Pretty-well anywhere in central London is within walking distance of some sights (for instance St Pancras is a 20-minute walk to the British Museum) but choosing a hotel location depends on a number of factors.

Convenient to St Pancras or convenient for your onward journey after London avoids schlepping luggage - that's useful if your visit to London is brief.

Convenient to the sights might be inconvenient for your inward or onward travel, but means that many sights are on your doorstep - that's useful if you're staying in London for several days.

Hotel rates are more important for longer stays.

So really we need to know more about yourself and your party, how long you'll be in London, where you're going after London (Heathrow airport? Gatwick Airport? Dover or Southampton cruise ports? and any transportation preferences), any mobility issues, how much luggage & your ability / desire to schlepp that luggage, etc.

The more info you can give, the more useful the replies. :).

And it's probably worth your asking your question, with that extra information, on the British Isles forum https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=233

which is more-widely used by visitors & more-widely read.

Its perhaps not worth asking for specific hotel recommendations until you've narrowed down the part of central London where you want to stay.

JB :)

It's no longer John, it's now Julie...;)(you need to search out another thread for explanation.)

Perhaps but then the CC name should change as well.:D

That's two more of you to go on my revenge list, Davena & Michelle :p

J (John or Julie, take your pick) B :)

That's two more of you to go on my revenge list, Davena & Michelle :p

J (John or Julie, take your pick) B :)

LOL, I made no such claims.

Funnily enough, my father named me Michael because my Sisters wanted a Michelle and he didn't want a David.;p sorry Davena, you are carrying this can on your own.;p