Transportation Options from SeaTac area airport to Pier 91

jennaja

What are the best transportation options from the Cedarbrook Lodge to Pier 91? We want to stop at a store along the way to pick up bottled water for the 14 day cruise, so light link isn't an option this time around. I think we used a car service last time we were there, but don't recall who they were or what the cost was. Are they usually willing to stop at a store to pick up last minute items?

What are the best transportation options from the Cedarbrook Lodge to Pier 91? We want to stop at a store along the way to pick up bottled water for the 14 day cruise, so light link isn't an option this time around. I think we used a car service last time we were there, but don't recall who they were or what the cost was. Are they usually willing to stop at a store to pick up last minute items?

Any advise?

Will they stop at a store so that we can pick up a case of water?

You would need to email them and ask. We had a private driver. I’m sure he would have accommodated.

Their shuttle would not though

Google Seattle Express

I do not currently have a link, or do a search on this board for Seattle Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will they stop at a store so that we can pick up a case of water?

I doubt it. They have a timetable where they pick up passengers at a number of hotels and get them to the port by a certain time.

We used them on our last cruise and its a great service, though

I checked yesterday and the Uber estimate is cheaper than Seattle Express if two or more people are traveling.

We used Lyft extensively in Seattle - found their rates to be cheaper than Uber and they do offer a lot of promo codes

What about getting the case of water before your ride arrives?[/quote

We're staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge by the airport, and won't have a car. Would be hard to carry a case of water on the light rail.

What about getting the case of water before your ride arrives?[/quote

We're staying at the Cedarbrook Lodge by the airport, and won't have a car. Would be hard to carry a case of water on the light rail.

OK, I'm lost here. Near the airport, the light rail runs purely north/south. Cedarbrook is east of the airport, so you're not going to use light rail to get to the hotel. You've then inquired about shuttle options from Cedarbrook to Pier 91, and people have provided ideas. The light rail doesn't go from the airport to the Interbay region, so if you were to take light rail, you'd have to transfer to a bus anyway to get to the ship. Yet you've been given options for a shuttle/Uber/etc.

My suggestion was to fly into SEA, get a hotel shuttle or whatever from airport to hotel. You're going to spend the night there, so sometime during your stay, pick up a case of water, whether it be walking to a nearby convenience store, Ubering to dinner/breakfast/touristy stuff, whatever. Now, you have everything you need for you to be ready to board the ship, so take a (means of transportation: Shuttle Express, town car, Uber, whatever) to the ship; now you no longer need to stop mid-transfer to grab that case of water.

1. There's nowhere convenient to Cedarbrook Lodge where the OP could pick up some water before heading to Pier 91.

2. Using the light rail would be exceedingly inconvenient because it doesn't go anywhere near Pier 91, and switching from the light rail to a taxi for the last 3 miles (Westlake station to Pier 91) would be a massive hassle and wouldn't really save much money; it would, however, make for a journey time at least twice as long as a car service or Uber straight from the hotel to the pier.

3. Taxis and Ubers have a "standby" rate based on minutes rather than miles.

In my view the simplest way to handle this would be to book an Uber from Cedarbrook to Pier 91 but have the driver shoot past the Pier 91 turnoff two blocks to the big Whole Foods just north of the Smith Cove cruise terminal. The Uber would wait for 5 or 10 min. (probably $4 or $5 extra on the clock) while the OP runs in and grabs a case of water. The Uber then drives to the cruise terminal and everybody bails from the car. Badda bing.

Alternative plan: They sell water, really good water, in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway.

OK, I'm lost here. Near the airport, the light rail runs purely north/south. Cedarbrook is east of the airport, so you're not going to use light rail to get to the hotel. You've then inquired about shuttle options from Cedarbrook to Pier 91, and people have provided ideas. The light rail doesn't go from the airport to the Interbay region, so if you were to take light rail, you'd have to transfer to a bus anyway to get to the ship. Yet you've been given options for a shuttle/Uber/etc.

My suggestion was to fly into SEA, get a hotel shuttle or whatever from airport to hotel. You're going to spend the night there, so sometime during your stay, pick up a case of water, whether it be walking to a nearby convenience store, Ubering to dinner/breakfast/touristy stuff, whatever. Now, you have everything you need for you to be ready to board the ship, so take a (means of transportation: Shuttle Express, town car, Uber, whatever) to the ship; now you no longer need to stop mid-transfer to grab that case of water.

Cedarbrook Lodge has a free shuttle that transports guests to and from the airport, and to and from the light rail station. We'll use the free shuttle to get the hotel, check-in, then go the light rail to go in to Seattle for the day.

Until we check-out of the hotel to go to the Pier, we will only be using the hotel shuttle, light rail and the ferry system to get around.

1. There's nowhere convenient to Cedarbrook Lodge where the OP could pick up some water before heading to Pier 91.

2. Using the light rail would be exceedingly inconvenient because it doesn't go anywhere near Pier 91, and switching from the light rail to a taxi for the last 3 miles (Westlake station to Pier 91) would be a massive hassle and wouldn't really save much money; it would, however, make for a journey time at least twice as long as a car service or Uber straight from the hotel to the pier.

3. Taxis and Ubers have a "standby" rate based on minutes rather than miles.

In my view the simplest way to handle this would be to book an Uber from Cedarbrook to Pier 91 but have the driver shoot past the Pier 91 turnoff two blocks to the big Whole Foods just north of the Smith Cove cruise terminal. The Uber would wait for 5 or 10 min. (probably $4 or $5 extra on the clock) while the OP runs in and grabs a case of water. The Uber then drives to the cruise terminal and everybody bails from the car. Badda bing.

Alternative plan: They sell water, really good water, in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway.

Thanks, I like this idea!

Why not just pre-order your water and have it in your stateroom waiting if its available on the ship you're sailing. Just a thought.

We're just looking for Arrowhead or Crystal Geyser, not Perrier or distilled water.. HAL doesn't offer that. ( I am on medication that makes me blow up like a blowfish when I drink the ships water.)