Butchers cut

george35

We have a free dinner in the Butchers cut ( or any other pay for resturant ) with our DRINKS ARE ON US offering & I was told that they have a special offering for free dinners in the Butchers Cut, true & what is the offer??

george35

George ... I didn't respond as I'm not familiar with the 'Drinks on Us' package, but I'm pretty sure that you don't get a complimentary meal in Butchers' Cut included. You do, however, if you're at Black level in the Voyagers Club. I've just posted the following on another thread in relation to what's included in the complimentary meal:

There's a section on Butcher's Cut menu entitled 'Dining Experience' which Black Card holders get to choose 3 courses from. Here's a photo of the one on Meraviglia (prices are in Euros). I've seen the exact menu posted here from Seaside in one of the many threads about the ship

8ea04b68999c28bba593a42a1b22f42a.jpg

As you can see, you can replace one of the items with one from the a la carte for 50% of the listed price.

Beefafar, thank you for your response & yes we are BLACK CARD & the menu looks good to me. george35

You're very welcome. :)

We've enjoyed our Black Card meals in Butchers' Cut ... I hope you do, too (if you choose that restaurant - if you're on Seaside, you have a choice of Speciality restaurants to use the benefit).

8ea04b68999c28bba593a42a1b22f42a.jpg

As you can see, you can replace one of the items with one from the a la carte for 50% of the listed price.

It says you are "entitled to 3 dishes of your choice"...I will take the Filet Minion, NY Sirloin, and for my third, Rack of Lamb!

Out of curiosity .... on my last Seaside cruise, I bought the three meal package and also used my Black Card complimentary voucher. I then tried all 4 Specialty Restaurants.

On my next cruise, I only want to return to Ocean Cay and Roy's. While I will again use my Black Card voucher, is it possible to buy a "prix fixe", aka a single Dining Experience meal or does a single visit force you to go A La Carte?

Thanks in advance!

is it possible to buy a "prix fixe", aka a single Dining Experience meal or does a single visit force you to go A La Carte?

Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering this too. If we decide not to do the trio can we just choose one of the one cost/ fixed price smaller menu?

While the trio appears to be a good deal...im finding several dishes at each restaurant that I would want to purchase that AREN'T on the smaller fixed price menu..after figuring in that 50% off menu price dish substitution cost..am I really saving that much?

It says you are "entitled to 3 dishes of your choice"...I will take the Filet Minion, NY Sirloin, and for my third, Rack of Lamb!

Ate at butchers cut each week for our black card dinner. The invitation said black card dinner for two but listed all three of our names. Asked yc concierge and she said there would be no problem if all three of us went.

You get one app or starter, entree and dessert. I tried to get an app and starter (soup) instead of dessert but was told no it is not possible. Was only able to order an app OR soup. One dinner I got the ribeye and it was 50% off plus 15% grat. It was better than the chops ribeye I had on serenade and freedom a few months ago.

Is it dinner for 2 per black card member? or per cabin?

You get one dinner per cabin now. It used to be one dinner for two per black card member.

Out of curiosity .... on my last Seaside cruise, I bought the three meal package and also used my Black Card complimentary voucher. I then tried all 4 Specialty Restaurants.

On my next cruise, I only want to return to Ocean Cay and Roy's. While I will again use my Black Card voucher, is it possible to buy a "prix fixe", aka a single Dining Experience meal or does a single visit force you to go A La Carte?

Thanks in advance!

You can get the prix fixe menu instead of ala carte.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With your 3 meal pavkage were you abke to use it for teppanyaki? Just wondering as you said you went to all 4 restaurants. Thanks

You can get the prix fixe menu instead of ala carte.

Many thanks!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

With your 3 meal pavkage were you abke to use it for teppanyaki? Just wondering as you said you went to all 4 restaurants. Thanks

Many thanks!

Went to Ocean Cay (my fave!), Butcher's Cut, The Pan Asian and Bistrot La Boheme (everyone always forgets that one!)

Ok thanks. That makes sense.

Went to Ocean Cay (my fave!), Butcher's Cut, The Pan Asian and Bistrot La Boheme (everyone always forgets that one!)

Both wife & I are black card does that mean we only 1 dinner per cabin or do we each get a dinner if we pick Butchers Cut??

george35

There's a discussion on this very topic on another thread, George.

The official policy is - since November last - that it's now only one complimentary meal for 2 per cabin. Before then, each Black Card member received the benefit, so, if there were 2 Black Card members in the same cabin, there would be 2 nights of a complimentary meal for 2. From reports on the forum, it appears that some are still getting 2 vouchers in their cabin while others are only getting one, depending on the ship they're sailing.

On Seaside we only got one meal per cabin. Also others that were black card had the same experience.

Both wife & I are black card does that mean we only 1 dinner per cabin or do we each get a dinner if we pick Butchers Cut??

george35

I think I will be the gentleman & let my wife have the FREE DINNER & I will wait for her at a bar. I stll dont under stand there reasoning why if both of us are BLACK why we dont get the same benifits??

george35

George ... You will both be able to have the free meal, it is one voucher for two people, whereas it used to be two vouchers for two people.

Maybe Frank808's contribution caused some confusion by stating he "only got one meal per cabin" and that others did, too ? :confused: