Movies filmed on Harmony of the Seas

You are correct we placed my father's ashes in the sea on the Enchantment a few years ago,,the crew takes you to a private area under the bow where the rope holes are, (don't know what they call those) and Dads biodegradable urn went through one after we did a little ceremony, it was nice, crew brought flowers and the chaplain said a few words, I want to go the same way!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don't read about these type of ceremonies often. How nice of you to post even on a unrelated thread. A beautiful Golden probably copper urn with Mother of Pearl inserts recently washed ashore of Myrtle beach, SC with ashes inside. No identification was on the urn. So sad that this person was meant to rest at sea but can back to land and probably will never be claimed. Glad your urn was biodegradable. May he rest in peace.

Im reading comments about F bombs, weed, and alcohol not being necessary in the making of the film. Really? It wasn’t a Disney movie. Which buy the way Alice in Wonderland is loaded with drug references. How ironic that Royal Caribbean has a specialty restaurant called Wonderland. I don’t know what world people are living in but it isn’t reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the talk about where the theater was may be explained by one of Kelsey's comments during his GMA interview this morning. He said they originally filmed the Karaoke bit it using a different song but they felt that one didn't work well. So they re-filmed it using a different song that was in the final cut. I am guessing the reshoot was done a bit later on land someplace. Just a guess, but makes sense.

And while we are talking about funny inconsistencies, since when can you not do Karaoke all week, have access to the Karaoke venue to practice at off hours, and then be the final performer in the finals competition? Its all good, but I got a chuckle out of that.

OK, it hopefully will be good. If a New England Bruins fan loves it this New Englander will probably love it too. Anyone know what time it will be showed on Saturday, August 11?

It's on Netflix, so I suppose it's on demand.

The movie is a decent and worth a watch. It does kind of seem like an extended Love Boat story where the passengers and not the crew are the stars. I was hoping for a more obnoxious character from Seth Rogen, but he played the straight up (his wife directed it and that explains that).

The movie is pretty tame, but it is for adults. Not sure why so many here were hoping for a Disney movie. Kristen Bell is not playing her Frozen character.

OK, it hopefully will be good. If a New England Bruins fan loves it this New Englander will probably love it too. Anyone know what time it will be showed on Saturday, August 11?

August 11 is “Love at Sea” on the Hallmark Channel. It will be on 9:00pm ET. And probably repeated after that first showing. The movie “Like Father” that Seth Rogen has a part in is streaming on Netflix. You can watch it any time if you have a Netflix subscription. Both movies were filmed on Harmony of the Seas.

Edited by Charles4515

It's on Netflix, so I suppose it's on demand.

The movie is a decent and worth a watch. It does kind of seem like an extended Love Boat story where the passengers and not the crew are the stars. I was hoping for a more obnoxious character from Seth Rogen, but he played the straight up (his wife directed it and that explains that).

The movie is pretty tame, but it is for adults. Not sure why so many here were hoping for a Disney movie. Kristen Bell is not playing her Frozen character.

When Seth was on The Tonight Show, he related a funny story to Jimmy Fallon about how Kristen got Disney World to accommodate the stars during Hurricane Irma. He said how he shadowed Kristen figuring Disney wouldn’t let any hurricane hurt one of its princesses. :D

~ Judy

When Seth was on The Tonight Show, he related a funny story to Jimmy Fallon about how Kristen got Disney World to accommodate the stars during Hurricane Irma. He said how he shadowed Kristen figuring Disney wouldn’t let any hurricane hurt one of its princesses. :D

~ Judy

There were some videos of her singing at local bars that popped up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was cute but the best part was the ship!

Pretty much sums up my feelings I think. I wouldn't say it was a particularly "good" movie, but I enjoyed it. And I REALLY enjoyed seeing the ship. I still haven't made it onto an Oasis class ship yet... man I've got to change that.

Im reading comments about F bombs, weed, and alcohol not being necessary in the making of the film. Really? It wasn’t a Disney movie. Which buy the way Alice in Wonderland is loaded with drug references. How ironic that Royal Caribbean has a specialty restaurant called Wonderland. I don’t know what world people are living in but it isn’t reality.

So your answer to judgemental people is your own brand of being judegemental? Doh, you made me do it.

C’mon, be honest. If this movie did not take place on a cruise ship, would you really have watched the whole thing?

Of course not, but that's the point. Watching it was almost like going on a cruise.... Like reading others trip reports but this had good visuals of the ship.

Cute movie, first thing that popped into my head was how they woke up after the ship sailed away and what about the muster drill?? Laugh out loud moment was Seth Rogen turning down the joint. On another note, heard there might be a Fraser reboot,my favorite sitcom ever.

Cute movie, first thing that popped into my head was how they woke up after the ship sailed away and what about the muster drill?? Laugh out loud moment was Seth Rogen turning down the joint. On another note, heard there might be a Fraser reboot,my favorite sitcom ever.
My first thought was how her father was allowed on the ship. He was not the one on original booking.

The movie was decent; I loved the cruise ship shots and the idea of it taking place on a cruise. I agree about the karaoke theater not being realistic, and they could have had the real CD in the movie because their job is entertainment. I hope more movies are filmed on cruise ships because I’ll watch them regardless of how predictable or cheesy they are!

There were some videos of her singing at local bars that popped up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I didn’t see anything from bars but I live in Orange County and follow the county’s Facebook page. She went to one of the local shelters here during Irma and sang to the kids which was nice.

We watched it a few days ago. Cute movie and we were surprised when it showed them on a swimming excursion in Jamaica because we were there also a couple years ago on an excursion. It's called the blue hole and it is gorgeous!

We watched it a few days ago. Cute movie and we were surprised when it showed them on a swimming excursion in Jamaica because we were there also a couple years ago on an excursion. It's called the blue hole and it is gorgeous!

Have not done Blue Hole but seeing it I am seriously thinking of doing it next January on my HOS cruise.

The Blue Hole is NOT for the faint of heart. It’s pretty physically demanding but super fun. Lots of areas where you could get hurt if you aren’t paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Huh

But you can just go and watch if that's all you want to do? How is it to get there? Long hike/walk steep areas etc...

Huh

But you can just go and watch if that's all you want to do? How is it to get there? Long hike/walk steep areas etc...

This is my Trip Advisor review of the Blue Hole. It will tell you everything you need to know about what the experience is like. Since the movie has generated interest in the Blue Hole I thought it appropriate to paste my text here.I went in 2015.

The Blue Hole

What an awesome place. Well off the beaten path and still not that well known. The tour operators that come here are not affiliated with cruise lines (as far as I can tell) and therefore the ships don’t have the Blue Hole on their choices for excursions. I also suspect that this place would not meet some of the safety standards that the cruise lines might demand. But no matter, that just means fewer people and a more exclusive adventure for those who do research and find such hidden gems.

First off, what exactly is the Blue Hole? It is essentially a spring fed river with a waterfall and several pools. The guides take you through these areas along a crude path that runs through the river. Path is a generous term here. There really is no “path” rather it is a general outline of where you should traverse obstacles and not fall into a hole in the stream or get clobbered on a rock. Good water shoes are an absolute MUST. It’s one of those things that if you really thought about it you might decide not to do it but since everyone else is foraging up river you just go along with it and do it. The entire excursion pretty much operates on that premise. There are things that could hurt and injure you at every turn here but amazingly I saw nobody sustain any kind of serious injury. But it could happen, and if you are the timid sort then this trip won’t be good for you. Wear your swim gear! The bathroom is small; you will waste a lot of time if you all need to put on suits. Also you will leave the bus dressed as if you are going to exit and jump directly into a pool of water. Because essentially, that is exactly what you are about to do.

The access to this area is somewhat restricted for people that have mobility issues. There is a steep hill from the parking area with some concrete stairs. However the stairs don’t run all the way from the parking lot. It’s fairly steep but would not be too much of an issue for most people. There is a viewing area here where people who don’t want to do the tour can stay. You get a great view of the waterfall area and the rope swing. Every few minutes a couple of the guides will run by and vault off the ledge and into the pool bellow. A 30+ foot jump. (Tourists don’t do this jump – only the guides). You will have something to watch the entire time you are here, but you will not be able to see everything your group does unless you go up river with them.

Up river you come to a beautiful area that has a little waterfall to sit in and some areas to jump into the pools. Everyone takes turns and the guides help you access different things. The view up river from here is spectacular.

From there you start making your way down towards the big waterfall doing various jumps in different pool areas. The footing can be tricky and you will fall down, stumble, etc. What is amazing is that you have such tremendous grip on the rocks. The water is flowing at a very fast rate so no moss or slickness builds up on the rocks. Get out of the current and the rocks get slippery.

When you get to the big waterfall they take your shoes away. You walk down the waterfall (which looks really steep from the viewing area but is not quite as steep once you are on it) barefoot and guides help you down the rock to the point where you want to jump off and into the pool. Some of us jumped pretty high up and some jumped pretty low. It is an amazing process to watch, the guides run around on this rock like mountain goats, almost like they defy basic physics. They are all just kids but they really know how to get people down the waterfall safely. It is a total rush.

Unfortunately we really needed our shoes back for the remaining part of the river and we didn’t have them. They need to work out a better system to get the shoes back to everyone so that the last part of the trip is easier. Those rocks hurt tender feet!

One word of caution about who comes on this trip. If your spectators are nervous about watching the rest of you do some of these activities – don’t bring them! One person in our group was an absolute wreck watching the rest of her family do all these things. She was so concerned for their safety and so worried they would get hurt that it really made for a miserable experience for her. She should have just gone to the beach and not come with us.

After the waterfall you have a rope swing and then you crawl up some tree branches and a make shift ladder through a tunnel of sorts to get back to the original main pathway. You can also do a high jump from this point; I’d say it’s a 20 foot jump or more. If you hit wrong it will really hurt. I did it and even though I have done many high jumps and dives, the impact still bruised my heal. If you don’t know how to properly hit the water don’t do this jump.

There is also a cave behind the waterfall but the crowd was pretty big so we didn’t do that part. Maybe next time!

It’s a long trip from Falmouth to the Blue Hole so be ready for that. The road to the Hole is very treacherous but these guys travel it almost every day so you just have to trust them. The scenery is amazing and some guy will try to sell you marijuana brownies. It was a great trip and a real adventure. If you like that sort of thing then I would highly recommend it. We had people ranging in age from 19 to mid-sixties that did this trip.

Be sure to tip your guides. Those kids were amazing and they worked very hard to make sure we all got where we needed to go. Just an incredible day in Jamaica’s hidden gem, The Blue Hole!