Reflection 14 Night Dec 7th - Need Help on Excursions

taylortime05

Hi

This is our 2nd cruise with Celebrity and our longest cruise. We did a 10 night in Dec 2016 on the Eclipse.

For this cruise all the islands are new except Barbados.

This is our itinerary. I am researching on CC at the various ports and also on tripadvisor. We are 55 & 60 and enjoy variety of excursions from beach relaxing to snorkeling to hiking. Since we have so many ports I'd like to mix up what we do but also would like to do any "Must Sees" in each port since we never know if we will be back. Also, I'm not against staying on board the ship on a port day to enjoy the ship with alot less people.

Please let me know if you had a fantastic excursion that should not be missed. Appreciate any feedback from the experienced cruisers.

7 -Dec Fort Lauderdale

8 -At Sea

9 - At Sea

10-Dec ST. JOHNS, ANTIGUA 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

11-Dec BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12-Dec CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

13-Dec ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

14-Dec AT SEA

15-Dec ORANJESTAD, ARUBA 8:00 AM

16-Dec ORANJESTAD, ARUBA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

17-Dec WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

18-Dec KRALENDIJK, BONAIRE 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

19-Dec AT SEA 20-Dec AT SEA

21-Dec FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

I see that you are on your sailing's roll call. Have you looked at the Caribbean board on Cruise Critic as there will be great feedback there?

We've done the 14 night Carib sailing twice and we are booked on the 14 night Reflection like you--except for the Jan 4 sailing.

At Barbados we enjoy Calabaza Sailing. We did it once before and have signed up for it again. The sailboat is set up for a small group which is nice. Woodwind Bonaire is excellent, too, and it is a favorite among many CC-ers.

The overnight stay in Aruba will give you some opportunities to do something ashore that you typically can't do on a Caribbean itinerary (e.g. watch the sunset from the beach or on a sailboat). So you definitely want to take advantage of that.

At Antigua we have done the Segway Tour (good, we booked on our own) and Stingray City (also good, we booked thru the ship).

We privately booked a 1/2 day spice tour in Grenada in 2014 which was worth doing once. We will be diving the next time we are there. For our upcoming cruise, this will be the only port that I have nothing planned (much to my family's relief). I am tempted to do the helicopter tour to see nearby Montserrat, but at this time I have decided against because of the expense.

You cannot see St Lucia's famed Pitons from port and I don't recall seeing them as we sailed toward or away from the island (or we were asleep!). They are beautiful and it is worth seeing by land, air or sea (or you can hike to their summit).

Here is the link to a spreadsheet for our roll call for our Jan 4 14 night sailing. If you look at the "Shorex" tab, you will see a list of excursions (both private and thru the ship) that everyone has signed up for. That may give you some additional ideas and insight.

Good luck with your planning.

David

Edited by mahdnc

I see that you are on your sailing's roll call. Have you looked at the Caribbean board on Cruise Critic as there will be great feedback there?

We've done the 14 night Carib sailing twice and we are booked on the 14 night Reflection like you--except for the Jan 4 sailing.

At Barbados we enjoy Calabaza Sailing. We did it once before and have signed up for it again. The sailboat is set up for a small group which is nice. Woodwind Bonaire is excellent, too, and it is a favorite among many CC-ers.

The overnight stay in Aruba will give you some opportunities to do something ashore that you typically can't do on a Caribbean itinerary (e.g. watch the sunset from the beach or on a sailboat). So you definitely want to take advantage of that.

At Antigua we have done the Segway Tour (good, we booked on our own) and Stingray City (also good, we booked thru the ship).

We privately booked a 1/2 day spice tour in Grenada in 2014 which was worth doing once. We will be diving the next time we are there. For our upcoming cruise, this will be the only port that I have nothing planned (much to my family's relief). I am tempted to do the helicopter tour to see nearby Montserrat, but at this time I have decided against because of the expense.

You cannot see St Lucia's famed Pitons from port and I don't recall seeing them as we sailed toward or away from the island (or we were asleep!). They are beautiful and it is worth seeing by land, air or sea (or you can hike to their summit).

Here is the link to a spreadsheet for our roll call for our Jan 4 14 night sailing. If you look at the "Shorex" tab, you will see a list of excursions (both private and thru the ship) that everyone has signed up for. That may give you some additional ideas and insight.

Good luck with your planning.

David

Thank you so much for the suggestions and the link to the spreadsheet. I'm a little over whelmed right now with so many ports to plan for. So far we have Calabaza Sailing and Woodwind Bonaire booked. On Celebrity they had 20% off excursions but I missed that. Also, I need to figure out the best ports to do sailing and snorkeling because I don't want to do same type of excursions at every port.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and the link to the spreadsheet. I'm a little over whelmed right now with so many ports to plan for. So far we have Calabaza Sailing and Woodwind Bonaire booked. On Celebrity they had 20% off excursions but I missed that. Also, I need to figure out the best ports to do sailing and snorkeling because I don't want to do same type of excursions at every port.

Of the islands being visited, the reefs are the best at Bonaire and Curacao. You will get to snorkel with Woodwind in Bonaire so you have that covered. You also get to snorkel with Calabaza. There, you will get to snorkel with sea turtles.

8a2346273a39cc28aaccc8923f53cb50.jpg

Sailing with Calabaza at Barbados, Jan 2015

Of the islands being visited, the reefs are the best at Bonaire and Curacao. You will get to snorkel with Woodwind in Bonaire so you have that covered. You also get to snorkel with Calabaza. There, you will get to snorkel with sea turtles.

8a2346273a39cc28aaccc8923f53cb50.jpg

Sailing with Calabaza at Barbados, Jan 2015

Wow, that is a cool picture! Did you take it? What kind of camera?

Wow, that is a cool picture! Did you take it? What kind of camera?

Yes, I took the photo using a normal compact digital camera (Canon) put into an underwater housing. I'd say that the turtle was only 3 feet below the surface and so the lighting from the sun was excellent which is the main reason that the photo turned out so well.

33a48531693ebb847216f8c99cd7b3cb.jpg

Hi

This is our 2nd cruise with Celebrity and our longest cruise. We did a 10 night in Dec 2016 on the Eclipse.

This is our itinerary. I am researching on CC at the various ports and also on tripadvisor. We are 55 & 60 and enjoy variety of excursions from beach relaxing to snorkeling to hiking. Since we have so many ports I'd like to mix up what we do but also would like to do any "Must Sees" in each port since we never know if we will be back. Also, I'm not against staying on board the ship on a port day to enjoy the ship with alot less people.

Please let me know if you had a fantastic excursion that should not be missed. Appreciate any feedback from the experienced cruisers.

7 -Dec Fort Lauderdale

8 -At Sea

9 - At Sea

14-Dec AT SEA

When in Grenada,if they still offer a daypass, Spice Island Beach Resort is a pretty terrific place to enjoy a relaxing day at the beach.

Hi

7 -Dec Fort Lauderdale

8 -At Sea

9 - At Sea

14-Dec AT SEA

Barbados you have booked, but we loved our tour with Silvermoon snorkeling with turtles! Luxury Catamaran 5 star service!

St. Lucia, I recommend Cosal Tours , if it is your first time, it's a great tour. I also recommend Spencer Ambrose tours, especially Jelouise (sugar) beach!

Have a great cruise!:D