Uniworld Danube Cruise - Better Weather in May or June?

Caligirl58

We took our very first cruise in June, 2017 - Uniworld Castles Along the Rhine. It was wonderful, and we were blessed (and spoiled) with warm weather and no rain. We are now getting ready to book one of the Uniworld Danube cruises for 2019 - probably Delightful Danube & Prague. Our options would be to go in either May or June. Obviously, we can't expect the same weather as we had last year, but can anyone comment on whether May or June might offer a chance for better weather on this route? Or is there a website that you cruisers like to use to get weather history when you plan your cruises?

Also - we are open to suggestions of other Uniworld cruises if you have not enjoyed their Danube cruises.

Thank you!

The Danube is a very nice itinerary. We did Enchanting Danube in April 2016 and enjoyed it - about half of the stops are the same as yours. You can take a look at my trip report if you want details about what we did and saw in those stops. It would seem (to me) that it would be hard to dislike a Danube cruise, as it's a seemingly popular itinerary with iconic stops (Budapest, Vienna, etc).

Can't comment about the weather as we usually go to Europe in April, or wait until after Labor Day.

Thank you, JP. I will definitely look up your trip report. Several on our Castles Along the Rhine cruise had done the Enchanting Danube & Prague cruise and recommended it. Uniworld has now discontinued that cruise and replaced it with either the Delightful Danube & Prague or the Enchanting Danube. Not sure why they made the change.

• 1 month later...
Thank you, JP. I will definitely look up your trip report. Several on our Castles Along the Rhine cruise had done the Enchanting Danube & Prague cruise and recommended it. Uniworld has now discontinued that cruise and replaced it with either the Delightful Danube & Prague or the Enchanting Danube. Not sure why they made the change.

Caligirl, we are also looking for a Danube/Prague cruise, possibly Spring 2020. Did you run across any other cruiselines with this itinerary as a possibility? We were very impressed with our Uniworld Castles Along the Rhine tour but would consider others if there were any advantages. BTW were you on the 6/3 Castles tour? We had a fantastic experience.

Caligirl, we are also looking for a Danube/Prague cruise, possibly Spring 2020. Did you run across any other cruiselines with this itinerary as a possibility? We were very impressed with our Uniworld Castles Along the Rhine tour but would consider others if there were any advantages. BTW were you on the 6/3 Castles tour? We had a fantastic experience.

Jerry -

We must have been on the cruise after you - June 11-18. Ours was fantastic, too. We ended up booking Uniworld Delightful Danube/Prague for next June. After such a great first river cruise experience with Uniworld, we were hesitant to book with another cruise line. That said - we were very tempted to try AMA Waterways. Some friends took a Castles Along the Rhine Cruise with AMA in June and loved it. Although AMA is not all-inclusive, I think we will book with them next time and see what we think.

Jerry -

We must have been on the cruise after you - June 11-18. Ours was fantastic, too. We ended up booking Uniworld Delightful Danube/Prague for next June. After such a great first river cruise experience with Uniworld, we were hesitant to book with another cruise line. That said - we were very tempted to try AMA Waterways. Some friends took a Castles Along the Rhine Cruise with AMA in June and loved it. Although AMA is not all-inclusive, I think we will book with them next time and see what we think.

Thanks for the info. I like that the Uniworld itinerary includes a visit to the Terezin concentration camp.

I've done 2 Danube cruises with Uniworld - Budapest to Passau and Bucharest to Budapest. Both were great, and both were at the end of the season. I personally prefer the cooler weather for touring, and there are fewer crowds.

If you've enjoyed other Uniworld cruises, I don't see why you wouldn't like their Danube River cruises.

Roz