Long Beach hotel options for basic overnight

JennPVMX

We are sailing on the Carnival Splendor, coming into LAX the night before. Because of flight times, and the fact that we will be traveling with kiddos, we really will only have time to grab dinner and head back to the hotel. I’ve begun searching similar threads, and have found some great info on hotels for folks who are looking to sightsee, shop, etc. However, we may be willing to do a more basic hotel, like a Hampton Inn, etc., with a couple restaurant options nearby. I know nothing about Long Beach areas- obviously need to stay in a safe area. But we don’t necessarily need a fabulous hotel with all the bells and whistles that we’d typically prefer when able to explore the area better. Are there any moderate options out there to check out? Thank you!

Why not grab a hotel near LAX. Then Uber to the Carnival Terminal in Long Beach. Carnival normally sails from Long Beach . Hotels in Long Beach and San Pedro are on the higher end . Their are Hampton Inn just south of the airport with free airport shuttle.

What does "moderate" mean to you in $$s??

To me paying $169 for the Doubletree Maya near the pier is "moderate".

BTW how old are the kiddos?? IF they are under 8 they'll need booster(or car seat for even younger ones) in order to use Uber/Lyft cars or taxis.

Good thought about staying near LAX. While I’d prefer to just get straight to Long Beach, that is certainly a viable option.

Riffatsea- that price would be wonderful for the Maya! What I’m currently showing for our date is $322nt. Is there a Carnival discount that I’ve missed? I’m certainly no expert, this is our first cruise from Long Beach. And, yes- we’re aware of all booster laws. Thankfully we will be just finished with boosters when we sail!

What are your dates? Yes there is a Carnival discount for the Maya but it doesn't work all the time.

You can e mail the reservations manager directly and ask her about it.

I have posted her e mail on here several times so try that and see what she can do for you:

jessica.jimenez2@hilton.com

The special Carnival code that sometimes works is p41.

Definitely try Jessica because for our cruise next April the hotel web site showed no availability at all and she was able to get me a room and give me a decent price!

Also if you are used to Hampton Inns then maybe you are a Hilton member? The Maya is a Doubletree so also tell her your Hilton Honors number or if you don't have one joining is not a bad idea!

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and it was fantastic! The kids had a blast in their hot tub, which was the size of a small pool! Also easy walk to the beach, aquarium, etc. We got a great deal on a bidding website so only paid $180 a night - also in May!

The Queen Mary is also a hotel and probably the closest you would ever get to the Carnival terminal. When we looked at it, the pricing was very reasonable but there was no availability for our dates. Might be fun if you have younger kids?

Why not grab a hotel near LAX. Then Uber to the Carnival Terminal in Long Beach. Carnival normally sails from Long Beach . Hotels in Long Beach and San Pedro are on the higher end . Their are Hampton Inn just south of the airport with free airport shuttle.

Do you have an idea of what an Uber might cost from the airport area to the pier? We are getting a price of $354 for hotel Maya and that’s out of our budget

Do you have an idea of what an Uber might cost from the airport area to the pier? We are getting a price of $354 for hotel Maya and that’s out of our budget

Uber is about $50.There is a HHampton for $140USD with free airport shuttle and breakfast supplied.

We will be driving in from Arizona and trying to find an alternative hotel instead of the expensive Maya.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stay outside the area. ie We live near ONT. Hotel rooms run around $100. Can be anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours to port, depending on traffic.

Parking at port is $20/ day.

Taxis from LAX is $75

Taxis back is $60 flat

Uber/Lyft should be cheaper.

@Mrsdub, Did you find that $354 price for the Maya on their web site?

Did you try the Carnival discount code p41? Did you e mail the reservations manager I have written about in the post 4 above your original one??

I agree that I'd also not spend that much for one night in Long Beach but we've never paid more than about $169 ish to stay there with 7 days parking included. It is possible that there is some special event during your stay but it is also possible that there are ways to get a room at a lower price.

Did you try the Carnival discount code p41? Did you e mail the reservations manager I have written about in the post 4 above your original one??

I agree that I'd also not spend that much for one night in Long Beach but we've never paid more than about $169 ish to stay there with 7 days parking included. It is possible that there is some special event during your stay but it is also possible that there are ways to get a room at a lower price.

Wonder when she’s going? Hopefully not during the Grand Prix.

Found that price on their website but when I ended up calling later the price had jumped to $379 And she said that was with the carnival discount

Found that price on their website but when I ended up calling later the price had jumped to $379 And she said that was with the carnival discount

I got a price similar to that last time we went. We stayed out at the Garden Grove Best Western instead and drove to the port in the morning. If you are 55+ they have great senior rates. The drive in was only 20 minutes, and we took the side streets through Long Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Pacific Inn in Seal Beach. It’s about 179.00. I know you can leave your car there and they will shuttle you over in the morning pick you up after the cruise but I can not remember the price off the top of my head. Could not hurt to give them a call and check it out. They also have a free shuttle within a five mile area. Oh and a free lite breakfast .

We are staying at the Maya. I could not get more than a $10 discount, and yes, I called Jessica. :(

Yes, you can leave your car, for a price, and get shuttled to the ship, and back.

We are leaving our van for 14 days, and it is expensive, however, we are guaranteed a parking spot.

In the past, DH has circled all levels of parking at the ship, waiting for someone to leave. He just didn't want to do that this time.

Patti