A pre pre-cruise

DachshundsRule

Thanks! I missed it when looking at my cruise info sheet, but you are correct - it lists the following 2 night cruises being covered by the info they gave me:

Nov 25, 27, 29 and Dec 4

I guess I missed it in all the excitement! :D

Yes it is very exciting! I will be on the 29th two-night :D not the very first cruise like you but close enough!

VT congratulations on the invitation. Now enjoy the ship... I know you are bringing a tape measure... but also take time to enjoy the experience. Looking forward to your report. Nice thing about having you on an early sailing... is that you can adjust your cabin spreadsheet based on your observations.... I guess Celebrity does monitor the boards... they must have seen all your sleuthing on Edge :)

Thanks, I don't know if it was the boards. If so, all of us Edge fanatics on here should be going! :D

This is so exciting!! I’m doing my happy dance for you:D For months, I’ve thought Celebrity should recognize both you and Lloyd for all your efforts on our behalf. Your work also benefited Celebrity in many ways. Many of us have contributed to the CC Edge community in small ways, but you and Lloyd have been absolute stars! Enjoy every minute. You deserve it:)

Edited by Silkroad

This is so exciting!! I’m doing my happy dance for you:D For months, I’ve thought Celebrity should recognize both you and Lloyd for all your efforts on our behalf. Your work also benefited Celebrity in many ways. Many of us have contributed to the CC Edge community in small ways, but you and Lloyd have been absolute stars! Enjoy every minute. You deserve it:)

I have to say that I thought about asking the woman I spoke with about whether there was room for a lovely Canadian who has showcased the ship so amazingly for so many. Who knows, maybe they gave him a call too! :D

Thanks for your happy dance! The woman that I spoke with was chuckling because I was pretty choked up on the phone. It felt like winning the lottery. ;)

Now I need to find some posh frocks. The dress code is resort chic - just in case LLP asks me to dine with her (I'm sure I will be one of the chosen ;)), I will need something decent to wear.

The schedule for initial cruises are as follows, as far as I can determine:

November 25-27 - very first cruise and it is for invited guests (likely execs, TAs, media, other invited guests)

November 27-29 - invited guests (execs, TAs, media, other invited guests and 500 cabins donated to United Way to sell)

November 29 - December 1 - ? if there is a cruise during this time

December 1-4 - first Preview Cruise for paying guests

December 4-6 - invited guests

December 6-9 - second Preview Cruise for paying guests

December 9 and December 16 - Maiden Voyage cruises

I think most know my saga of trying to be on the very first Edge cruise because of my Edge obsession. I had booked preview cruises for Nov 21 and 24 that were canceled and I moved them to the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises. Then Dachshunds told us about the United Way cabins on the Nov 27 cruise and I booked that cruise and was very happy to be onboard even earlier.

Well, I'm very excited to say (though feel a little embarrassed to share this, but I have to tell people who will understand what a big deal this is), I got an invitation to the November 25th very first cruise (hopefully will remain first cruise) from LLP's office!! :D:cool:

I just can't believe it and am walking on air. I can bring a guest, so my DH is going too. I thought of telling him that only I could go and then invite one of you, who would explore the ship with me, taking pictures, measuring things, peeking in cabins, interviewing other guests about their cabins (and maybe bribing them with some VT Maple syrup to see their cabins ;)) and badgering staff and crew with questions, but that might be a deal breaker for my DH if he found out. :D

We will be assigned a cabin so have no idea what we will get. I think we will find out in October. I don't care what type we are assigned and where it is - I am ready for the adventure of it. The specialty dining is by invitation only so may not get to do any specialties for dinner, which is fine. It will be great to try the MDRs.

I won't speculate on here why I was invited, but have some ideas. I don't care why - I just know that LLP is my BFF today! :D Thank you for letting me share this exciting news!

CONGRATS.

Vt.you have earned this honor and even more for all your amazing posts and unbridled enthusiasm .

You and Lloyd have really gone above and beyond...hope he gets a reward too!

,Looks like someone at X is reading our posts...that's encouraging.

VT congratulations on the invitation. Now enjoy the ship... I know you are bringing a tape measure... but also take time to enjoy the experience. Looking forward to your report. Nice thing about having you on an early sailing... is that you can adjust your cabin spreadsheet based on your observations.... I guess Celebrity does monitor the boards... they must have seen all your sleuthing on Edge :)

Thanks, kearney! I'm sure I will enjoy every minute, even if I am snooping, interviewing and measuring. :D

CONGRATS.

Vt.you have earned this honor and even more for all your amazing posts and unbridled enthusiasm .

You and Lloyd have really gone above and beyond...hope he gets a reward too!

,Looks like someone at X is reading our posts...that's encouraging.

Thanks, hcat, I will do my best to find the answers to all of our questions. I hope they will call Lloyd! It would be good for him to be recognized and for me to possibly meet him. Even my husband would like to meet him since I talk about him all the time. :D

Thanks, hcat, I will do my best to find the answers to all of our questions. I hope they will call Lloyd! It would be good for him to be recognized and for me to possibly meet him. Even my husband would like to meet him since I talk about him all the time. :D

Maybe if Celebrity Official is monitoring they will send him an invite...Even if he can't get there for a short cruise, it would be a nice gesture,

Can't wait for all of your reports...but the main idea is for you to ENJOY!

We will all get our turn,..eventually.

Marilyn, congrats on the 11/25 cruise, sweet.:D

One question, did Celebrity donate another 250 cabins to United way? The first number was 250 and you posted earlier today 500, just curious.

Katie

Sorry, you are right. It is 250 cabins. I had it in my head that there were 500, probably because I was thinking that there were going to be about 500 people total from the UW group who weren't part of the invited TA, media, exec group.

I wonder how many people will be onboard. Was your pre-inaugural Solstice cruise to nowhere full? Did they have special sampling of dining? Were you able to see any open cabins? Any special events or mementos?

Sorry for all the questions - I will onboard the Edge in 67days so am getting giddy!!! :D

I think most know my saga of trying to be on the very first Edge cruise because of my Edge obsession. I had booked preview cruises for Nov 21 and 24 that were canceled and I moved them to the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises. Then Dachshunds told us about the United Way cabins on the Nov 27 cruise and I booked that cruise and was very happy to be onboard even earlier.

Well, I'm very excited to say (though feel a little embarrassed to share this, but I have to tell people who will understand what a big deal this is), I got an invitation to the November 25th very first cruise (hopefully will remain first cruise) from LLP's office!! :D:cool:

I just can't believe it and am walking on air. I can bring a guest, so my DH is going too. I thought of telling him that only I could go and then invite one of you, who would explore the ship with me, taking pictures, measuring things, peeking in cabins, interviewing other guests about their cabins (and maybe bribing them with some VT Maple syrup to see their cabins ;)) and badgering staff and crew with questions, but that might be a deal breaker for my DH if he found out. :D

We will be assigned a cabin so have no idea what we will get. I think we will find out in October. I don't care what type we are assigned and where it is - I am ready for the adventure of it. The specialty dining is by invitation only so may not get to do any specialties for dinner, which is fine. It will be great to try the MDRs.

I won't speculate on here why I was invited, but have some ideas. I don't care why - I just know that LLP is my BFF today! :D Thank you for letting me share this exciting news!

-vtcruising - Big congrats to you. Glad someone noticed all the great work you do here. Have a great time.

Maybe if Celebrity Official is monitoring they will send him an invite...Even if he can't get there for a short cruise, it would be a nice gesture,

Can't wait for all of your reports...but the main idea is for you to ENJOY!

We will all get our turn,..eventually.

I second and third that. Vote Vote Vote for Lloyd to get a call and invite from Celebiry.

Over the years, Lloyd has been great sharing info and photos of RCCL new builds.

So Celebrity if you are listening, please extend an Invite to Lloyd.

Sorry, you are right. It is 250 cabins. I had it in my head that there were 500, probably because I was thinking that there were going to be about 500 people total from the UW group who weren't part of the invited TA, media, exec group.

I wonder how many people will be onboard. Was your pre-inaugural Solstice cruise to nowhere full? Did they have special sampling of dining? Were you able to see any open cabins? Any special events or mementos?

Sorry for all the questions - I will onboard the Edge in 67days so am getting giddy!!! :D

Thanks for the clarification, glad I’m not totally losing it.

Re the Solstice, quite sure we paid, the ship was not full and we were invited to dinners. Because we did pay we got Captain Club points. old system, nice.

Man wish Celebrity would invite us on the 25th as we are loyal to the brand and I’ve been a cheerleader for years on CC but realize there are many more like us. Hope you and hubby have a wonderful time and look forward to meeting you on Nov. 27.

Katie

-------------------------------

----------------------------

v - Be not embarrassed at all, well deserved...

Now, if your DH decides not to go, can I be the first bidder for his place???? :')

I, for one, cannot wait to hear and see the experience!

I, too, Am walking on air for you.... I Am just as excited about my sailing as you are for yours.... especially sharing it with 22 others of which only four (4) of us have ever sailed X before...

Congrats again and thank you for all of your great input and work around this sub-forum.

bon voyage

p.s. - I wonder if Lloyd will be on the first sailing as well, he deserves to be there as well (besides myself of course LOL)??

I am so happy for you!! You deserve it as you have done a great job promoting and advertising this ship for X!! Can’t wait for photos!

November 25-27 - very first cruise and it is for invited guests (likely execs, TAs, media, other invited guests)

November 27-29 - invited guests (execs, TAs, media, other invited guests and 500 cabins donated to United Way to sell)

November 29 - December 1 - ? if there is a cruise during this time

December 1-4 - first Preview Cruise for paying guests

December 4-6 - invited guests

December 6-9 - second Preview Cruise for paying guests

December 9 and December 16 - Maiden Voyage cruises

Thanks, I just wish others here will get invited! We would have one heck of a cruise! :D

That would be a fabulous experience, but if they invited perhaps 100 of of us who have been most active on the Edge threads (and our guests) they’d have to turn away some VIPs & travel agents;) As I said in my previous post, I’m simply thrilled that LLP recognizes your stellar contribution to the CC Edge board, and I hope she also recognizes Lloyd’s contribution. If she does, I’ll do my double happy dance:D

Vtcruising, this is slightly off topic, but I have a suggestion for you & LLP. It does require the hippy van;) I think you should be invited to host the first annual Edgestock;p I envision you in patched denim & tie-die, hanging out at the hippy van with some cool bands. I’m in! Where can I book it?? LLP, you’re welcome:D