My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

I always start my first morning with a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon--great sandwich! Pair that with a ham and cheese omlette--breakfast potatoes---a link or two of sausage--and of course some fresh fruit, because you have to stay healthy--even when on vacation!

What is your favorite cruise breakfast?

Either... French toast with turkey sausage and syrup, or... Lox and bagels with cream cheese, onions, and tomatos!

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

I try new things most days, including the herring and other fish items. A cruise is the only place you can do that and if your not happy you can make another choice.

Till we sail on the Norwegian Spirit \Leo

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

English muffin with bacon on top of it, a small scoop of scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.

High on the fat content, but hey..it's vacation!

Olivia Charter on the Zuiderdam 04/03/04

RCI 06/90

I'm always in the dining room for breakfast. I like being pampered, no matter what the hour! icon_wink.gif My two favorite breakfasts on Carnival are Eggs Benedict with fresh fruit on the side, OR Strawberry Crepes. And of course, espresso. Yummm.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

I like southern style breakfasts such as scrambled eggs, grits, bacon or sausage and buscuits and gravy. And of course lots of good coffee and orange juice! icon_biggrin.gif

Sophie

Counting down the days till we sail the Rhapsody! 12-5-04

Gotta have those croissants and coffee, sometimes some eggs, corned beef hash, fruit.

Meg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do then by the ones you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

I am the early riser in the family. Thus, first breakfast is generally juice, coffee and crossaints and/or muffins. Then, on NCL, I love the eggs sardou in the dine room. This is a variation on the eggs benedict but with artichoke bottoms instead of english muffin. Any other line I generally am happy with the buffet, fruit, more crossaints and bunches of breakfast meats which I do not eat at home.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

icon_razz.gif Always had the omelets or scrambled eggs till I discovered they are made with powdered eggs like most dry land restaurants use to save $. Fresh eggs only available in sunny side, once over, boiled or poached. Ever made an omelet yourself and added sour cream afterwards (with green onions, salsa, cheese & mushrooms cooked in and/or on top - yummy)...hubby can't get enough. Love the lox and bagels with cream cheese (substitute at home with cheese yogurt-no fat-for way less calories & just as good not to mention cheaper). Ask and I will explain how easy it is to make cheese from yogurt...Was a part-time caterer so have a little knowledge I wld enjoy sharing..Happy cruisin'!

Big Old Cold Glass of Tomato Juice and a ham Omelette. Heaven

<Font color=red><font size=4><center>Conquest Countdown</font size></font color>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Glory 10/2003

Carnival Jubilee 10/2001

Since discovering the Belguim Waffle station at the rear deck#10 on Summit,Celebrity, thats my choice, smothered with strawberries and whipped cream. OJ, lots of coffee (I bring my own large mug) crossants are nice and light, so always room for at least one! icon_wink.gif

Emerald Seas 1980

Norway 1994

Zenith 1995

Royal Majesty 1995

Century 1996, 1999

Ecstasy 1996

Mercury 1997

Horizon 1998

NCL Wind 1998

Grand Princess 1999

Sea Princess 2000

Infinity 2001

NCL Star 2002

Millennium 2003

Summit 2003, 2004=2X

Sun Princess Nov.22, 2004

Brilliance April 8,2005

On the Zuiderdam in April, I had the same thing every morning in the Lido and LOVED it...scrambled eggs, bacon if it was done enough, french toast, and coffee. Yum yum! Like you say, only on vacation.

Disney Magic - 10/29/04

HAL Zuiderdam - 4/10/04

Carnival Sensation - 1998

NCL Leeward - 1996

wake up to room service with coffee, oj, cream of wheat(with butter and sugar), toast and bacon; you must make a sandwich with. Then go to lido deck and pick up some cucumbers, creamcheese, lox and onion on one plate, fruit on another.

Happy Sails to you!

I don't normally eat breakfast at home, but on a cruise, I get some lox, sprinkle some capers on them, top with a couple of slices of onions and top it will a litely squezed lemon wedge. On the side, I grab a few slices of cheese. I always eat in the buffet restaurant so this isn't always possible.

On the side I have a glass of grapefruit juice. This is ussually available, but the Princess Grand cruise I took a few years ago they didn't have any on the buffet line. It just so happened on the first morning that one of the "floor" managers asked if I found everything. By her reaction, when I replied that I couldn't find any grapefruit juice, this surprised her. Anyway, about 10 minutes later she returned with a couple glasses of the juice. From then on, when I entered the room and got my food and sat down she automatically brought over the juice. I was really impressed.

On the disembarkation day, I usually do a lox and cream cheese on a bagel.

Princess Coral

<applet code="countdown.class" codebase="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0"><param name="year" value="2004">

<param name="month" value="12"><param name="day" value="28">

<param name="hour" value="17"></applet>

Hi cruisecrasy... I'm on atkins diet I would love to know how to make cheese from yogurt and any ideas on fast burn low carb recipes! We are sailing again 4/5/05. icon_rolleyes.gifany tips will help thanks icon_smile.gif<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisecrasy:

icon_razz.gif Always had the omelets or scrambled eggs till I discovered they are made with powdered eggs like most dry land restaurants use to save $. Fresh eggs only available in sunny side, once over, boiled or poached. Ever made an omelet yourself and added sour cream afterwards (with green onions, salsa, cheese & mushrooms cooked in and/or on top - yummy)...hubby can't get enough. Love the lox and bagels with cream cheese (substitute at home with cheese yogurt-no fat-for way less calories & just as good not to mention cheaper). Ask and I will explain how easy it is to make cheese from yogurt...Was a part-time caterer so have a little knowledge I wld enjoy sharing..Happy cruisin'!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Breakfast is my favorite meal on cruises. I usually have different dishes each morning however, there was one dish I just had to have every morning.

On the Noordam they served sliced bananas with a pineapple sauce. It was to die for... well almost. The Voyager of the Seas had something similiar but was inferior by far. I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise on the Prinsedam and hoping they have the bananas!

HAL Noordam - Aug 2000

RCCL Voyager of the Seas - June 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;06;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until we Cast Off on the Prinsedam

I had lox and bagels almost every morning on our last cruise (Grand Princess). I usually had a bran muffin, too, and some fresh melon.

The last cruise was the first where we ate most of our breakfasts in the dining room. We had room service one morning so we could eat on our balcony before tendering to Grand Cayman. The other mornings, I never knew what time we'd be ready to eat so I did not leave an order card.

Mrs. Aquarius, to make yogurt "cheese" you need a strainer and cheesecloth. Fold the cheesecloth to several thicknesses and line the strainer with it; make sure the cheesecloth flops over the side so the weight of the yogurt doesn't pull it into the strainer.

Put the yogurt into the cloth-lined strainer. Gently fold the cloth ends over to loosely cover the yogurt. Place the strainer over a bowl or other container to catch the excess water that will drain out. Place it in the fridge for 10-12 hours, I think. You will have thick, creamy cheese-like yogurt. It will be very tart. You may want to sprinkle in a very small amount of sweetener if you like, or if you prefer it salty, season it with salt.

CruiseCrasy may have a different recipe (I defer to her professional knowledge!), but the principal is the same: drain the yogurt of excess moisture.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04