Non-Judgemental Question About Walkers

Bloodgem

Hi I am curious and looking for information.

I keep seeing threads where posters are writing comments like: “Walkers struggle getting pass tray left outside cabins” and “Walkers struggle passing cabin steward’s trollies”. Is this true?

My son is confined to a wheelchair, his chair is 29 inches wide and all the walkers I have seen are the same width or narrower.

We have never had problems passing trays unless I don’t see them. We occasionally have to move the cabin steward’s trolley, when it is parked in the narrow part of the hallway otherwise we don’t have problems with the trollies.

If we have very few problems getting pass trays and trollies why are walkers having problems? What am I missing or are posters exaggerating claims that walkers are having trouble?

Thank you for any responses posted, again I am just curious and looking for info. :)

I don't know. DH has a pretty wide rollator and a fairly large mobility scooter, and our experience was pretty much just like yours. Unless someone left something in the narrow part of the hallway or didn't put it up next to the wall, we had no problems (on Carnival). There are, though, a large number of narrow hallways.

I don't think the corridors are the same width on different lines, and the ships within those lines. We did 8 cruises on Carnival in the last two years, and I noticed on the Fantasy class the corridors seemed wider, and extra wide in some areas. Our last cruise was on Celebrity Equinox and the hallways seemed markedly narrower to me. EM

Most of the accessible cabins are closer to the elevators and lobbies. If you’re using a rollator, you may not be using an accessible cabin and thus going further down the (narrow) hall.

Actually, on Carnival, we had an accessible cabin all of the way forward multiple times.