Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

You're about to be something... That looks like quite a ride!

Happy Monday all - off to work. But only 4 more full weeks of work (plus a day or two) before we fly out for our cruise!

I am working on getting my sister to join us on our August 2019 cruise. We shall see if she comes along. Would love to introduce her to the line which cannot be mentioned by name (other than the title of this thread, of course).

Good Afternoon All ...

M - that funny needs music ......

Nice plate JP! Our trip to Vienna - is six weeks today and I'm looking forward to the change of scenery in which to do nothing elsewhere. Wifey asked for some meals with veg in it so over the next few days is some chicken and some lamb shanks I think kleftiko style with veggies - with a kebab meal and today is her favourite burger.

35 days to go until we board a vessel.

The excitement is definitely palpable.

JP that meal is pretty much what I made first with my IP. I have also done spareribs in vast quantities which required finishing on the grill for that certain char.

I have used it for cruciferous vegetables too, like cauliflower, etc. the super fast cook time is great, but no crispiness.

It's a wonderful convenience for speed cooking.

Trying to plan a trip to Greece to meet newly found relatives. It would be less than a month after we return from the Transatlantic.

Flights are pricey.

Found one set with a reasonable fare but with a 12 hour layover at Heathrow.

Any suggestions on a place to crash near the airport?

I suggested the pod hotel thing to DH, who said he couldn't stay in a windowless room...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sadly ..... although I love the IP .... I'm not using it for the kleftiko. I think it has become one of those things I buy but then don't really use.

What terminal are you leaving from at Heathrow Spins, and what time is your arrival and departure? If you leave from T5 then The Sofitel might be your best bet as it is a walk to the terminal - but it depends on terminal and flight times ...... if it is any other terminal then there might be other better options. Are you on a "through ticket" ie will your luggage stay at Heathrow?

It is 5 weeks till we leave for Paris. I haven’t thought about what to pack yet, although I’ve ordered a down jacket for our time in Bologna in November. It fits into a bag and doesn’t take up too much space ( I hope).

We are in the Hunter Valley at present and have spent a pleasant day eating and drinking. We are members of Brokenwood wine company and had a tour and special tasting. There is a drought here and usually it is green but everything is looking dry. There was light rain this morning but it didn’t last long.

We have collected some bottles to take home to put away for a few years. Nothing special.

I enjoyed the $300 / bottle tasting I had on Saturday at a "Pork and Cork" lunch at a vineyard. They had an open bar of some vintage and new release wines.

The food was delicious and the company very friendly ( and chirpy by the end). When we were dropped off at our hotel there were quite a few younger "stayers" heading for a pub in the bus!

Home from here on Wednesday, then to Melbourne for a week to catsit my daughters cat and house. It will give me a chance to see a few art house movies that we don’t get at our cinemas.

Good Afternoon All ...

M - that funny needs music ......

Great suggestion J! That would work beautifully for the "landing"! I think the "take-off" might be

Ride of the Valkyries - Der Ring des Nibelungen (Richard Wagner)

Jill...your holiday plans and cat sitting plans sound awesome! Enjoy!