Live from Silversea Galapagos! (July 7, 2018)

WorldTourPrincess

Spectacular reporting! I particularly love all the detail and truly felt I was traveling along with you. The best part of your reviewing your adventures was that now I am too old to fully participate, I’m not so sad about it. I feel like I have been there! Thank you from a grateful Arm Chair traveler!

Sure! I have a GoPro with dive housing for my underwater shots, and a Canon PowerShot (point and click) style camera with 18x optical zoom for everything else. Since everything is so close you really don't need a huge telephoto lens. If you have one, and love it, and don't mind packing it, go ahead and bring it. Otherwise, it's not something you need to buy or bring for this trip.

Appreciate your continued posts, added details and the various follow-ups. Especially liked so much these aspects regarding photography, camera equipment, etc., to use for there. "Up close and personal" can be good when visiting scenic locations and seeking to capture nice visuals of wildlife, birds, etc. Great sharing on this thread.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 58,502 views for these postings.

Hi WorldTourPrincess - thank you SO much for your exceedingly helpful information in all of your posts covering your recent Galapagos cruise. My partner and I are booked on the Silver Galapagos August 25th sailing. It was wonderful to hear of your experiences on the cruise excursions and with getting to Quito and back home from Guayacil. We were wondering about many things and we are so grateful to you for detailing what to expect.

I found this guide from Celebrity really helpful:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Galapagos/18060688_CEL_Galapagos_Wildlife_Calendar.pdf

The version I have has air and sea temps, and rainfall. I tried attaching a picture but CC didn't like the file size.

This calendar was very helpful. Thank you. We are booked to go in January 2019 on Silver Galapagos . It mentions June for the giant tortoises coming to lowlands....will we see them in January ? I sure hope so.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thank you for the insightful reviews, my wife and I have been reading them over and over again! We set sail on September 15th. We had a question regarding the ScubaPro gear. Do they provide "Cruiser Diving Vest" or any similar snorkeling life vest.

Thank you,

Vinny

Hi there,

Thank you for the insightful reviews, my wife and I have been reading them over and over again! We set sail on September 15th. We had a question regarding the ScubaPro gear. Do they provide "Cruiser Diving Vest" or any similar snorkeling life vest.

Thank you,

Vinny

Onboard right now. They do have snorkeling life vests.

The water can be very cold (around 68F one day) so I recommend bringing a long sleeve rash guard and swimming tights if you have them. You'll be a bit warmer, and have protection from the sun. And don't let the water temp deter you. Swimming with sea lions and penguins is worth it!

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to get you answers.

Onboard right now. They do have snorkeling life vests.

The water can be very cold (around 68F one day) so I recommend bringing a long sleeve rash guard and swimming tights if you have them. You'll be a bit warmer, and have protection from the sun. And don't let the water temp deter you. Swimming with sea lions and penguins is worth it!

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to get you answers.

Thank you for the quick response! Hope you all are having a great time :D:D:D:D:D:D