When the Three Queens Meet - 11 August 2019

jkadventures

Cunard has just posted insight speaker lists for 2019 and the one insight speaker listed so far for QV's August 11, 2019 sailing is "Phil Holt - Red Arrows/Donald Campbell". I wonder if that's a tip-off in any way that the Red Arrows might be performing once again for the 2019 meeting of the three queens in Southampton. On the other hand, there are also three other sailings for QV and QE during the remainder of 2018 and 2019 that list "Andy Wyatt - Red Arrows" as a speaker, so this is pure speculation on my part at this point.
Cowes Week is 10th to 17th August 2019 so if the Red Arrows normally display at the end of the week Cunard might be out of luck.

9th May 2014 Southampton

I was on board QM2 for her 10th anniversary celebrations (and crossing to New York).

The three queens were gathered close together before QM2 sailed past QE and QV, with a band playing on the quay, fireworks, and one of the most memorable sailaways I've experienced.

The photos from this amazing day can be seen here:

We were on QM2 almost exactly a year later when the three Queens were again in Southampton. The Royal Welsh Guard (the band on the dock in your photos) also played/performed on the dock behind the Ocean Terminal. Obviously, only for those of us on QM2, but we liked it. No fireworks on leaving, though, and all were gone before sunset.

Pepperrn, I'm not sure if I've expressed to you how much I thoroughly enjoy your sets of Cunard pics on Flickr. If I already have, then please forgive me, but it certainly deserves repeating. And, I'm sure many here feel similarly. I especially appreciate the way you present the pics in continuity. For instance, I can look through your pictures one-by-one on one screen, and follow along 'virtually' walking through the ship's deck plans on the other screen. It really brings the tour to life. Just love it. Thank you so much!
:o Thank you steve1young for your exceptionally kind comments :) . You have been very generous, and this is deeply appreciated.

I am currently updating the captions on many of the "tour" photos, and also about to add more photos from my most recent Cunard trip earlier this year.

Thank you again :)

Many happy sailings to you.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on QM2 almost exactly a year later when the three Queens were again in Southampton. The Royal Welsh Guard (the band on the dock in your photos) also played/performed on the dock behind the Ocean Terminal. Obviously, only for those of us on QM2, but we liked it. No fireworks on leaving, though, and all were gone before sunset.

OMG !! Thank you for this post . We are on the QM2 round trip Aug 11th 2019 to NY out of Southampton !!!! We were very lucky to be on the QM2 in Oct 2008 when she sailed in tandem with the QE2 on her last Transatlantic to NY. Such an emotional voyage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums