BUCKEYE CRUSERS!! Where are ya, OHIO!?!?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:36 PM.
ohio,usa
626 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by tharv
Sounds like fun we live in Ne Ohio on the Pa border in a town called Masury right next to Sharon Pa my wife and I enjoy cruising very much we will be taking our 3rd cruise in November on theGrandeur Of The Seas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
hi,
i sent you a couple of emails, let me know if you got them
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn (aka Muffin) & Dennis

Fairfield, Ohio
3,757 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
the longest yard sale is going on now on rt 127 from Michigan to Alabama. Also the Goetta?? festival is today and the Ohio River paddle fest is today. It is a 9 mile float on the Ohio River.
We are getting a lot of cherry and grape tomatoes and giving a lot of them away. Some of them are very mild and sweet. I'm going to get a lot of Tennessee gourds off of two plants. There is one stem that is at least 20 ' long, I can't see the other stems because of the leaves.
The oldest antique car parade in the US was last week and we missed it again, second year in a row. I drove my 1985 Grand Marquis in it a few years ago. Another 7-8 years we can drive my Chevy Sonoma and Fay's Chevy Prism in the parade.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
ohio,usa
626 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by mje
t
We are getting a lot of cherry and grape tomatoes and giving a lot of them away. Some of them are very mild and sweet. I'm going to get a lot of Tennessee gourds off of two plants. There is one stem that is at least 20 ' long, I can't see the other stems because of the leaves. .
I just may give up on growing tomatos. no matter what I do they keep dying off on me. I spray the fungusy stuff & the stem rot stuff, but I keep getting stem rot & also horrible black spot disease. I seem to spend more on sprays than I ever would on the tomatos. *sigh* .
now I got so much powder bug stuff on them i cant pick anything. ( where is the rain?) I dunno .. I got 2 great cucumbers this year, but no green peppers. some good plum size tomatos, but by the time the large ones are ripe, the vines will be all diseased to death.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Columbus, OH USA
30,850 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Well, the Ohio State Fair is over for another year, we went twice, my wife tried to get me to take her a third time Sunday, but I resisted! We are going camping in Delaware this weekend to watch the Perseid meteor show so we had to dig out our camping equipment.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1st cruise 4/29/06 RCCL Voyager of the Seas. - Eastern Caribbean.
2nd cruise - 5/11/07 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas. MOTHER'S day cruise!
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!
4th cruise - 4/16/09 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel/Belize.
5th cruise 11/15/10 Majesty of the Seas - Key West Nassau.
6th cruise -5/1/11 Allure of the Seas Eastern route 30th anniversary cruise
7th cruise 4/14/12 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel Costa Maya
8th cruise 4/28/13 Allure of the Seas Eastern route
9th cruise 10/28/13 Majesty of the Seas Halloween in Key West
10th cruise 5/3/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean
11th cruise 4/26/15 Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean
12th cruise 4/30/16 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
13th cruise 10/17/16 Majesty of the Seas 4 day from Bahamas
14th cruise 4/29/17 Adventure of the Seas ABC islands.
15th cruise 9/18/17 Majesty of the Seas Irma shortened cruise
16th cruise 4/27/18 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships
21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class, 19 days on a Radiance class,
19 days on a Sovereign class ship, 14 days on a Freedom class, .

Fairfield, Ohio
3,757 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
muffin, sorry about your tomatoes. Have you thought about contacting OSU extension? I contacted them a few time many years ago. Here, I hope is a link to them..
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=2ahUKEwjMobap89jcAhVOgK0KHd4eC0oQFjAAegQ IABAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fextension.osu.edu%2F&usg=A OvVaw14Er9LBfsvUDpIeN4LEYSi

Fay's early tomatoes have an end rot to them. I forget the correct name. Luckily it hasn't affected her regular sized tomatoes nor my cherry tomatoes. She isn't going to plant early ones any more.
Bill, I will watch the meteor show from my patio. Probably won't be too good as most of the neighbors will have their lights on. Years ago I jokingly ask a neighbor to cut down a large tree of his so I could see a planet or star. Glad he could take a joke. Again, years ago during my preteen years growing up, we lived where there were no night outside lights, I would see a lot of shooting stars and the sky was full of stars pick out the big and little dipper + the north star. The warrior was another easy one to see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Rochester, New York USA
346 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
Do you still have many fireflies in Ohio? When I grew up there were tons! It was one of the first things i missed when I got married and moved to western NY state. Very, very few here.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Judie
ohio,usa
626 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by Judie
Do you still have many fireflies in Ohio? When I grew up there were tons! It was one of the first things i missed when I got married and moved to western NY state. Very, very few here.

yup we have tons.
we had visitors from washington state, who had never seen them.. I was kinda shocked. i thought they lived all over the US.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fairfield, Ohio
3,757 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Judie, I used to see a lot of butter flies, now I don't seeone a day. The Monarch have pretty much disappeared from my yard and Iplant the milkweed which the monarchs lay there eggs on. One guess is theherbicide that is used so much to kill weeds and is killing all of the milkweed plants. I have been having trouble with my computer fonts. I tried something different, back to the drawing board.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Rochester, New York USA
346 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
I’m so glad that fireflies still abound in Ohio! The weather here in western New York State is very similar to Mansfield, Ohio, so that wouldn’t account for lack of fireflies here. Hmmm. My summers in Ohio were filled catching fireflies in jars with holes in the lids, then letting them go. We pretended to make jeweled rings using fireflies, but I can’t say they were unharmed. It was a different world back then.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Judie
ohio,usa
626 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
I’m so glad that fireflies still abound in Ohio! The weather here in western New York State is very similar to Mansfield, Ohio, so that wouldn’t account for lack of fireflies here. Hmmm. My summers in Ohio were filled catching fireflies in jars with holes in the lids, then letting them go. We pretended to make jeweled rings using fireflies, but I can’t say they were unharmed. It was a different world back then.

yea, uh,, unless kids have an APP on their phone involving fireflies,,,(fireflies huh> what are they?)
they will never know the fun we had as kids
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fairfield, Ohio
3,757 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Dayton and Cincinnati both have butterfly houses, have been to the one in Dayton but not cinci. I still see a moth occasionally
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Rochester, New York USA
346 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
We have a lovely butterfly enclosure in Rochester. It’s part of the Strong Museum of Play and well worth the trip. It’s a special treat to have monarchs light on your fingers. I’ve been to one in the Caribbean, too, but I’m not sure of the island now.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Judie
Columbus, OH USA
30,850 Posts
Joined Oct 2005

We use to have a lot of them when I grew up in Erie, PA.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3rd cruise - 4/27/08 Freedom of the Seas -Western Caribbean. Freedom's 100th cruise!

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships
21 days on an Oasis class, 19 days on a Voyager class, 19 days on a Radiance class,

Fairfield, Ohio
7,443 Posts
Joined May 2007
We have a lovely butterfly enclosure in Rochester. It’s part of the Strong Museum of Play and well worth the trip. It’s a special treat to have monarchs light on your fingers. I’ve been to one in the Caribbean, too, but I’m not sure of the island now.

I believe there is a butterfly farm on St. Maarten over by Orient Beach. If the hurricane destroyed the Beach it probably destroyed the farm also.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3_ZVpaFPw&sns=em

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/
http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Al C&A D+Have enjoyed 383 evenings at sea and still have more nights to come.
Columbus, OH USA
30,850 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Hello from Delaware. 20180810_200037.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

91 nights at Sea
8 different ships