Rci app

RCCL announced 9/20 that free onboard chat is available on Allure of the Seas. The RCCL app for smartphones has an update effective 9/20. When updated, you will see a small chat ballon in the upper right corner of homepage (says beta). The smartphone no-fee onboard functionality is currently only on Allure. I am NOT a tech person, so I am sure others can chime in with the details.

That sounds very similar to what we used on NCL's app last year. We were able to text our friends we were sailing with through their app for free. It was like an instant messaging service for cruisers on that ship only. It was great! I'm going to upgrade my RCCL App now because I'm sailing Allure in 22 days and that will be an excellent way of communication between our families.

While the V 1.10.2 update lists Brilliance as being added, I don't see it yet. Like past releases it seems to take a bit of time, maybe a day, for the new added ship to show up.

Leaving on Brilliance in two weeks. Would be pretty cool to have it rolled out by then! We'll see... :cool:

It knows to link everyone in your cabin. We're alone so don't know about groups.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

But what if they are a child? RCCL is saying that everyone 13+ will create their own login to access the app so if my son is 12, will he still be able to use the app for us to chat with each other?

But what if they are a child? RCCL is saying that everyone 13+ will create their own login to access the app so if my son is 12, will he still be able to use the app for us to chat with each other?
Probably have to go to guess services to activate the minor's app functions. This is what we did on Carnival for my daughter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

This is what I need answered too! My next trip will just be me and my 8 year old (and other friends in 2 other cabins)...I really want us both to have chat and to be able to chat to people in those cabins..🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about the RCCL app. Can you still use it if you don't buy the wi-fi package and keep your phone in airplane mode? I just discovered the app is available for our IOTS sailing in January and it looks awesome! TIA

You don't have to purchase VOOM (internet package), but your phone's WiFi must be turned on. After you put the phone in Airplane Mode, you must turn on WiFi.

Great, thanks so much! I appreciate it.

You're welcome.

I left out one step. After you turn on the phone's WiFi, connect to the Royal WiFi service. You may be prompted to login or use an access code, but you can ignore that.