Cabin 1403 on Indy.

Only concern would be that it is a connecting cabin. Both JS are connecting so not much choice if you want a aft cabin. We were in 1536 last year before the refurb and that is also a connecting cabin. Very loud air noise when the other cabin opened the balcony door or left the cabin. Had maintenance come up the second night and they put a roll of duct tape across all the openings. The older ships like Indy have had years of rocking and rolling which tweaks the door and frame. You can change to any other available cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you stay in the same category without charge. All that being said you are in a great spot. happy cruising.

Only concern would be that it is a connecting cabin. Both JS are connecting so not much choice if you want a aft cabin. We were in 1536 last year before the refurb and that is also a connecting cabin. Very loud air noise when the other cabin opened the balcony door or left the cabin. Had maintenance come up the second night and they put a roll of duct tape across all the openings. The older ships like Indy have had years of rocking and rolling which tweaks the door and frame. You can change to any other available cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you stay in the same category without charge. All that being said you are in a great spot. happy cruising.

Agree. The 2 issues had with connecting cabins was, loud wind noise coming under doors when other had Balcony door open. Hoping that was Radiance Class issue though sounds not. Then when they smoked with Balcony door open it blew under door. This until I complained twice, ending with them being Fined for smoking in room/on Balcony. I listened in and they were fined, so does happen...

Thanks for the replies, I will take duct tape with me just in case.

The location did look good as there is nothing for people to walk to as its a dead end, and the stern balconies give a good view across, only concern was being under the buffet, but figure they wont be operating in the small hours.

Thanks for the replies, I will take duct tape with me just in case.

The location did look good as there is nothing for people to walk to as its a dead end, and the stern balconies give a good view across, only concern was being under the buffet, but figure they wont be operating in the small hours.

The backend of the Windjammer where you will be under is just tables on carpet. You will never hear a thing. happy cruising