What if you lose the souvenir cup

mcatmcat

It depends at what point you lose your cup. Last couple of days, they just give you a new one, no questions asked. Middle and earlier, they check to make sure you have the package on your account.

This is based solely on the 11 people we know who lost their cup on our last 2 sailings. Allure and harmony.

I'm surprised they would replace it. It would be very easy for someone to say they lost their cup, and just give it to friend/family to use and get another one. I could see them replacing a cup if it gets damaged and you turn the old one in. It's a big cup - kind of hard to lose.

A few of our friends left them at the table in the wj and went back 20 mins later to see if they were still there. The waiter told them to go to gs.

If you have young kids, it’s very easy to forget the cup as it’s not a priority when the baby starts screaming. It’s something new to carry around that you aren’t used to and it is big so it doesn’t just fit into a purse.

Wow, surprises me they give new ones. We had a friend lose his cup on Harmony in 2017 and were told that you would have to pay for a replacement. IIRC they were charging basically to buy the soda package ($10 per day for the remaining days of the cruise or something like that.)

OP is the same one that had boasted of booking Solarium Bistro for every night of the cruise as he wasn't sure what night to go there

I wonder how that’s related to know the fee for a replacement on your cup. Btw don’t they have a chip that can be easily deactivated once you get a replacement 🤣

As my teacher said, you can study with friends but be careful who you get the info from - some can be misleading.

On the other hand, thanks everyone for the answers [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I left mine in the theater. Didn't get as far as the elevator when I realized it and went back. It was gone. I went to guest services later that day to see if it might have been turned in. They told me it wasn't and that they didn't give out replacements. As I was walking away a gentleman came out of the back and called me over and gave me a new one. I thought it was a very nice gesture on his part.

I wonder how that’s related to know the fee for a replacement on your cup. Btw don’t they have a chip that can be easily deactivated once you get a replacement 🤣

As my teacher said, you can study with friends but be careful who you get the info from - some can be misleading.

On the other hand, thanks everyone for the answers [emoji1360]

Anything I.T related, when combined with RCL is not "easily" done. :D

Btw don’t they have a chip that can be easily deactivated once you get a replacement [emoji1360]

They may not be able to be deactivated. Once a cup is activated at a machine it's RFID number will probably work until the end of the cruise at which time the machines will no longer accept any numbers that were active.