LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

I cannot talk for all but the majority of the Pinacles are arogant and so anoying thinking they own the ship. A lot of them only cruise because they figured out that it's cheaper being on board then living at home, taking the cheapest cabins and bargain deals. Then they gather way in advance before open bar opens and take away all the seats and suite guests, the ones that generate real revenue are left with nothing. If there are a few pinacles there is no issue if they take up one or two tables, but in a situation where paying suite guests are getting abandoned all those cheap skate Pinacles that are staying in inside cabins should get kicked out, and trust me there are a lot. Again, there are very nice Pinacles that cruise because they are really pationate about cruising and also others that stay in balcony cabins or only suites and generate a nice income to RCCL. However the majority of them are cheap skates that complain all the time and just try to get free perks, on board credit etc. Since management in Miami likes to enhance anything away where they possibly can, they should start to calculate on their Pinacles and they will easily find out that with many of them it will be cheaper to have them off board then on board the ship.

The Pinacles look so redicioulous wearing their "silly pins", on the other hand it's a great "alarm signal" for the crew members / senior officers on board as they have a moment to mentally prepare for another fake complaint with the anticipation to get again something for free :'). Pinacles are absolutely not popular by the crew members and there is nothing worse for them when they need to be part of a transatlantic, transpacifc or any other repositioning cruise where the numbers go completely insane.

While I don't agree with everything you stated, I can tell you that most nights when we went up to the lounge around 5:30 there wasn't a single seat left by the windows in the SUITE Lounge because they were taken by pinnacles. Almost every single evening the best seat we found in the SUITE Lounge was the couch all the way on the end up against the wall.

We've met lovely pinnacles but this cruise was something else. We really feel that our experience was cheapened by the amount of pinnacles. They are a service and attention drain at least in the SUITE Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. It is unfortunate to pay good money for suites and end up having experiences like this. Many who have commented on this thread have shared your opinion as did others we cruised with and staff.

While I understand this is a sensitive subject to some individuals, we experienced similar behavior of Pinnacle guests this past April while in a CLS (first time). Upon boarding the Suite Concierges were completely monopolized by Pinnacle guests. We wanted to ask a few questions (brand new to CK/SL). Finally gave up and left without questions answered. During the week we experienced the prime window seats occupied each happy hour by Pinnacle guests. I KNOW this does not apply to all Pinnacle guests. We are back in a CLS in 3 weeks and will report back.

• Like 1

While I understand this is a sensitive subject to some individuals, we experienced similar behavior of Pinnacle guests this past April while in a CLS (first time). Upon boarding the Suite Concierges were completely monopolized by Pinnacle guests. We wanted to ask a few questions (brand new to CK/SL). Finally gave up and left without questions answered. During the week we experienced the prime window seats occupied each happy hour by Pinnacle guests. I KNOW this does not apply to all Pinnacle guests. We are back in a CLS in 3 weeks and will report back.

Look, you may find it odd I am going to comment on this as I believe the Suite Lounge should be for Suite Guests as well as CK. However, was on a April sailing on Harmony and the number of P’s on our cruise were 7. The week before 5, and the week before that ZERO.

April is a high season for Royal. It’s Spring break for goodness sakes. P’s don’t typically cruise during these times. If you would have said January/February, I could believe there might be an issue. Just what ship and exact dates of your cruise in April. How many P’s onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was not during Spring Break and it may not always be a factor of the number of P’s on a particular cruise but the P guests that week were pretty demanding of the staff’s time. And like I said, they would gather each evening and round up tables and seats by the window and sit for a good while. And I do know they were Pinnacles by their pins.

In my opinion, the wonderful (and differentiating) Suite benefits on the O class attract people to spend the money for a Suite - great job RCI). Do you think these unique O class suite benefits are attracting more P’s to sail on this class more than the other classes?

This was not during Spring Break and it may not always be a factor of the number of P’s on a particular cruise but the P guests that week were pretty demanding of the staff’s time. And like I said, they would gather each evening and round up tables and seats by the window and sit for a good while. And I do know they were Pinnacles by their pins.

In my opinion, the wonderful (and differentiating) Suite benefits on the O class attract people to spend the money for a Suite - great job RCI). Do you think these unique O class suite benefits are attracting more P’s to sail on this class more than the other classes?

How many P’s were on your cruise. Which ship? Where did you sail out of? March/April is Spring Break for the 3 O Class ships cruising Florida.

Convince me....

How many P’s were on your cruise. Which ship? Where did you sail out of? March/April is Spring Break for the 3 O Class ships cruising Florida.

Convince me....

Looks like it was the April 8, 2018 sailing of Allure as this was posted April 2,2018.
Thanks for the question about spinning -boarding Allure on Sunday. Am a regular Peleton rider and wondering if passengers are allowed to use bikes during non class hours?

As others have noted, not all P's are like this, but there is no doubt in my mind that some are. We have spoken to some who cruise for half of the year and spend the other half of the year in an RV (nothing wrong with that but it substantiates the idea that these folks cruise as an alternative to owning or renting a home). We have spoken to some who always stay in the least expensive inside cabin they can find, and freely admit that they are happy because they get to hang out in the SL/CK and spend almost no time in their tiny cabin (and they were in the SL/CK every single meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner). We have spoken to some who seem to think removing gratuities and paying cash tips directly to the crew is some sort of must-do that they need to encourage us to do as well. We have spoken to some at adjacent tables in the CK who clearly enjoy interacting with other guests (because otherwise the cruise is boring to them) but don't seem to know how to give us some space during dinner. Just my impressions.

Convince me....

We have seen this as well during each of our Oasis-class cruises during the second half of April over the last three years. By then spring break seems to be pretty much over especially in parts of the country where classes end in May.

This was also my first experience as a suite guest on Oasis last year. I have since been on 5 cruises in a suite and have to say it does vary on how many pinnacles and whether or not, they have the entitlement issue. I have met both and usually the nice ones overcome the behavior of others.

But if I would have judged my first experience probably would have never been back to that lounge or the ck restaurant.

Looks like it was the April 8, 2018 sailing of Allure as this was posted April 2,2018.

We were on the April 8, 2018 Allure and to be honest, I don't recall there being any particular issue with overcrowding in the SL/CK that week. Granted, we did not spend a lot of time in there as we were in Star Class that week and tend to go elsewhere to eat and drink so perhaps the OP (relating to this particular event) experienced an isolated situation. I am not saying that it didn't happen...just saying that I didn't notice it being a big issue. The SL/CK on the O class ships is a HUGE space. There should be room for all to be adequately accommodated.

Following are the number of Pinnacles that we sailed with using the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge this year. All but the July cruise on the Allure, were on the Oasis.

!-21-18---56 Pinnacles. 3-4-18---35 Pinnacles 4-15-18---38 Pinnacles 6-3-18---Can not find info.

7-22-18---9 Pinnacles 9-9-18---45 Pinnacles.

We did not have any issues on any of these cruises that would detract from our overall experience in the Coastal Kitchen or Suite Lounge.

We reached our Pinnacle status last November. Unless Royal changes its policy I see no reason that Pinnacles and Suite Guests can not share the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge in harmony. To my knowledge the Pinnacles have followed the rules and should be able to book any cabin they desire.

Following are the number of Pinnacles that we sailed with using the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge this year. All but the July cruise on the Allure, were on the Oasis.

!-21-18---56 Pinnacles. 3-4-18---35 Pinnacles 4-15-18---38 Pinnacles 6-3-18---Can not find info.

We did not have any issues on any of these cruises that would detract from our overall experience in the Coastal Kitchen or Suite Lounge.

We reached our Pinnacle status last November. Unless Royal changes its policy I see no reason that Pinnacles and Suite Guests can not share the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge in harmony. To my knowledge the Pinnacles have followed the rules and should be able to book any cabin they desire.

Of course you would “see no reason that Pinnacles and Suite Guests can not share the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.” Thank you for disclosing your bias.

Unless Royal changes its policy I see no reason that Pinnacles and Suite Guests can not share the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge in harmony. To my knowledge the Pinnacles have followed the rules and should be able to book any cabin they desire.

What rules? :confused: Use of SL/CK by Pinnacle members is a no extra cost C&A benefit, subject to change. Use of SL/CK by suite guests is part of the advertised price for those cabins (Suite Class as Royal calls it). Royal sells it as an "inclusive amenity" but doesn't say that amenity has to be shared with non-suite guests. This may sound snobbish but the amenities like seats at the bar and seats at the tables are not unlimited resources and there are many suites on these ships sharing those resources with Pinnacle members.

Also, I'm not Diamond so I can't use the DL even if I pay for a suite. So there's a part of the ship that's off limits to suite guests but not to Pinnacle members. The frequent complaint about the DL is that it gets overrun with guests because, guess what, it's a limited resource.

Also, one more data point, we have been asked at least twice by the maitre d' of the MDR to use CK instead of the MDR because we are in a suite (presumably because they need the tables for other guests). I don't think that is official policy as much as a frustrated staff trying to make everyone happy on a crowded ship.

Correct, current policy is that Pinnacle members have access to SL and CK, so they have every right to be in there. We were on Oasis in a GS on the September 2nd sailing and there were 42 Pinnacles that sailing. Did we observe "the looks" the OP is talking about when it came to loud kids, absolutely, but I do not think the looks came from only Pinnacles. Should suite families be allowed to bring their kids to CK for dinner, absolutely, but that does not mean then should be allowed to climb all over the place and play the drums on the back of my chair with knives. Videos should also have either no sound or headphones should be used.

The two groups can coexist if everyone plays nice.

Of course you would “see no reason that Pinnacles and Suite Guests can not share the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.” Thank you for disclosing your bias.

Sorry if I upset you. I feel that I have no bias. Just offering my opinion.

Oasis Class cruise history.

2010-2011 sailed in 2 OV Balconies.

2012-untill Pinnacle 11-2017

1-Grand Suite 1- Sky Loft 21-Crown Lofts

Since Pinnacle

1-Grand Suite 2-Star Lofts (Star Class) 4- Crown Lofts

Future Bookings

7- Crown Lofts

As a Suite Guest before becoming Pinnacle I was always treated well by those in the Pinnacle Class.

Also, we only wear our Pinnacle Pins for about 2 hours during our cruise. This is to attend the Pinnacle Luncheon.

Edited by STANMELB
Spacing

Space comparison - I seem to recall that Harmony SL/CK is two staterooms smaller than the Oasis SL/CK space.

Fitting 140 Pinnacles on Harmony left suite guests with no seats or available dinner reservations. Not the suite experience promised by RCI.

Our next experience on Oasis was much better, with 37 Ps, even if the CK food was edible but not outstanding.

Sorry if I upset you. I feel that I have no bias. Just offering my opinion.

Oasis Class cruise history.

2010-2011 sailed in 2 OV Balconies.

2012-untill Pinnacle 11-2017

!-Grand Suite 1- Sky Loft 21- Crown Lofts

Since Pinnacle

1-Grand Suite 2-Sky Lofts (Star Class) 4- Crown Lofts

Future Bookings

7- Crown Lofts

As a Suite Guest before becoming Pinnacle I was always treated well by those in the Pinnacle Class.

Also, we only wear our Pinnacle Pins for about 2 hours on a cruise. This is to attend the Pinnacle Luncheon.

Please, no offense was taken. I believe it is irrelevant whether pinnacles are nice, mean or arrogant. If you are not staying in a SUITE you should not be allowed in the SUITE Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.

Stan and his wife cruise crown lofts and star class on their oasis class cruises.

Sweetest people you will meet and there is no bias on his part. He has access to ck and sl by being a suite guest and not by his pinnacle status.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Space comparison - I seem to recall that Harmony SL/CK is two staterooms smaller than the Oasis SL/CK space.

Fitting 140 Pinnacles on Harmony left suite guests with no seats or available dinner reservations. Not the suite experience promised by RCI.

Our next experience on Oasis was much better, with 37 Ps, even if the CK food was edible but not outstanding.

I already have my requested CK dinner time for 9/29 Presidents Cruise confirmed. I believe as a Suite Guest I was given priority.

I personally haven’t had a bad experience in SL and CK. Yes, the P’s seem to flock to the SL early to claim those window seats.

I also believe there will be a time when it will be necessary to provide SL/CK for Suite Guests only. I don’t think anything should be taken away from P’s. They should provide them with their own area with stricter rules for children and dress codes.

I am not sure what the capacity is for CK? How many guests they can provide a service level expected.

In the SL on Harmony last April we only had 7 P’s and I still found myself getting up and going to the bar to fetch our drinks. This was really a service issue and not a P issue.

I know many P who always book Star Class. Full Suites too. I suspect this is not the norm.

If you are not staying in a SUITE you should not be allowed in the SUITE Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.

This is simply your opinion at this point. Saying they should not be allowed has no bearing since it is Royal's policy at this time that they are allowed there. Complain to Royal about it - and it appears you have. But harping on it here just seems mean spirited. Talk about pot stirring.

It's a shame that a well balanced review has deteriorated into a Pinnacle attack thread. And nope, I'm not a Pinnacle and never will be. I've seen some silly P behavior and I've met some lovely P's in the SL's and before that, the CL's. As long as it's Royal's policy I accept it. I'd say 70% of the time it's been just fine. The 30% makes for some interesting people watching or we simply find another venue to enjoy. On the flip side, I've seen some appalling behavior from suite people too but I don't paint with a broad brush and believe all suite peeps are jerks ----probably because then I would have to think that we're jerks. ;)

Now if you really want to see some complaining and bragging...head to a Diamond Lounge. <evil laughter>

I must admit that watching a couple of Pinnacles walking back into the CK kitchen area to say hello to the kitchen staff, upon their arrival, was a bit odd.

Yes, friendship is nice but walking into a kitchen while prep work for lunch is ongoing seems to be a future case for spread of infection through the food prep area. Obviously you don’t think you have a cold, till you sneeze and sniffle the following morning.

Then the kitchen staff, having been exposed, spreads the infection throughout the staff and guests.

Something I believe the cruise line should discourage.

Please, no offense was taken. I believe it is irrelevant whether pinnacles are nice, mean or arrogant. If you are not staying in a SUITE you should not be allowed in the SUITE Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.

Thank you. I respect your comments and opinion. Hopefully we will meet on an Oasis Class sailing in the future out of Port Canaveral or Port Lauderdale. Too afraid to drive to Miami at my age. Tend to get lost too often.

Thank you. I respect your comments and opinion. Hopefully we will meet on an Oasis Class sailing in the future out of Port Canaveral or Port Lauderdale. Too afraid to drive to Miami at my age. Tend to get lost too often.

Others on here have mentioned your good character. I respect your opinion. My posts on here have been nothing more than my own personal opinion. I have said before, that perhaps the solution is for pinnacles to have their own lounge. It would be a win win and if you are staying in a suite and are pinnacle you would have the option of the diamond, pinnacle and suite lounge.