Internet Package for group

Ringo16

Hi!

We have a large group sailing in December and a couple of us want to purchase the internet package.

If we have 2 couples staying in separate rooms can we purchase the Surf+Stream package 4 devices under my name and share it with the 4 people? We will each have our cellphones, so we will never have more than 4 devices on at the same time.

Hi!

We have a large group sailing in December and a couple of us want to purchase the internet package.

If we have 2 couples staying in separate rooms can we purchase the Surf+Stream package 4 devices under my name and share it with the 4 people? We will each have our cellphones, so we will never have more than 4 devices on at the same time.

You can share the package with whomever you like.

how it works (unless changed)

"1 person" means you get one access code ......

20 people could use it ... so long as only ONE is on at a time ....

2 persons means you get 2 access codes ......

that's how it was last Nov anyway .....

Short answer is yes.

A year and half ago I took a "family" cruise where we were all booked in different cabins

Me and my wife always buy the two device package on a cruise. We bring up to a total of 5 devices that we periodicaly switch in and out on the two device package.

Getting back to the family cruise.

One of my wife's nieces, needed internet access during the cruise to fulfill school obligations. Before the cruise I proposed to my wife's cousin, that I pay for a 3 concurrent connection package. They would pay me the difference between the 2 and 3 connection cost. They would save money. Once we got on-board, I gave them the initial code.

They are tech savvy so understood the need to only use one connection at a time for their devices.

It worked out well. Instead of cash, I received a very nice bottle of wine before the cruise at a family gathering.

So how understand it is, the Surf+Stream 4 devices package has 1 access code.

That 1 access code allows 4 devices to be signed on at the same time.

I can give my friends that access code and we can all be signed in at the same time.

As long as a 5th device does not sign in, we will be fine.

Thanks!

So how understand it is, the Surf+Stream 4 devices package has 1 access code.

That 1 access code allows 4 devices to be signed on at the same time.

I can give my friends that access code and we can all be signed in at the same time.

As long as a 5th device does not sign in, we will be fine.

Thanks!

Correct, so beware one of the users has more than one device (phone, laptop, iPad, etc.) because you will have to come up with a way to coordinate concurrent usage.

On my cruise on Harmony last month, I purchased a single user package but 2 phones were able to simultaneously connect. YMMV.

Did you actually surf the internet at the same time or how do you know they both worked? On Harmony, both phones could have been getting texts and other info at the same time due to the lax filtering, but that may not mean both were getting full internet access.