Drink price sale

lbfluffy

i read on on the boards that the drink package sometimes goes on sale around holidays. I purchased ours in June when RCCL said it was on sale. We got it for $50 a day. I’ve kept an eye on the prices. The website now is showing sale price of $52 a day. I’m surprised it has increased, yet the site says that is a sale off the on board price.

I’m hoping the next holiday I see a decrease.

i read on on the boards that the drink package sometimes goes on sale around holidays. I purchased ours in June when RCCL said it was on sale. We got it for $50 a day. I’ve kept an eye on the prices. The website now is showing sale price of $52 a day. I’m surprised it has increased, yet the site says that is a sale off the on board price.

I’m hoping the next holiday I see a decrease.

Don't wait for a holiday. Check often, even every day. If the price is less than $50, cancel and rebook. You can do this as often as you like.

Don't wait for a holiday. Check often, even every day. If the price is less than $50, cancel and rebook. You can do this as often as you like.

This, definitely. Even several times a day, if you can. I have seen some things (specifically that I can remember an excursion and an internet package) change prices over the course of a single day.

I check every day. On my cruise it has only went up :( From 53.00 per day to 56.00

Same exact experience for me. I bought in at the 53 but have been checking everyday for it to go down NOT GO UP! It is 56 now. I’m hoping the Black Friday sale that others have seen happens this year. I’d like to pay less than the 53.

I got an email saying that the deluxe drinks package was on sale for my cruise, BOGO 50% off. I was excited, until I called (I really am starting to hate their website) and the price per person AFTER the discount said $42 per person per day plus service charge. I am pretty darn sure it was $42 per person per day yesterday with no sale. I am so disappointed!

I got an email saying that the deluxe drinks package was on sale for my cruise, BOGO 50% off. I was excited, until I called (I really am starting to hate their website) and the price per person AFTER the discount said $42 per person per day plus service charge. I am pretty darn sure it was $42 per person per day yesterday with no sale. I am so disappointed!

It was a different sale yesterday. ;)

Just buy it when you like the price. Stop worrying about what they are calling it.

It was a different sale yesterday. ;)

Just buy it when you like the price. Stop worrying about what they are calling it.

Just complaining because I won't buy it for $42 per person. Neither of us drink enough to make it worth it at that price. I would however buy it for the price I thought it was going for. It was just too good to be true, sadly.

Just complaining because I won't buy it for $42 per person. Neither of us drink enough to make it worth it at that price. I would however buy it for the price I thought it was going for. It was just too good to be true, sadly.

And here I am thinking $42 pp/pd sounded like a great deal! I’d book it at that rate ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same thing for my cruise. I looked yesterday and it was $49 a day and thought that is a great deal. Then today I saw the BOGO 50 % and thought what an even better deal. Went to book it and found out the price shown already reflects the discount which is 25% off each guest and turns out it wasn't any cheaper than before the sale, still $49. I don't know why RC does this.:confused::confused: Its really misleading.

Their price on the site is always a sale price, regardless of how they word it. Usually the base price of the drink package is $60 per person. At least that is what Royal says when I have called - sales were then based off of that base price.

So for instance when they advertised it at 30% off the price is $42 per person. When advertised as buy one get one half off it is $45 per person. When advertised at 20% off the price is $48 per person.

I have to say I don't understand how no one seems to figure out the price listed is always considered to be a sale price to begin with.

And here I am thinking $42 pp/pd sounded like a great deal! I’d book it at that rate ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We bought for that on the Allure - drinks are roughly $11 to $13 a piece. It doesn't take but three drinks in a day to pay for the package. Add in maybe a soda, coffee, bottled water, or milkshake and the price is over the $42. Really seemed like a great deal to me. You figure 3 a day is rather easy to do. That is only one by the pool in the afternoon, 1 with dinner and maybe 1 late night after a show.

Their price on the site is always a sale price, regardless of how they word it. Usually the base price of the drink package is $60 per person. At least that is what Royal says when I have called - sales were then based off of that base price.

So for instance when they advertised it at 30% off the price is $42 per person. When advertised as buy one get one half off it is $45 per person. When advertised at 20% off the price is $48 per person.

I have to say I don't understand how no one seems to figure out the price listed is always considered to be a sale price to begin with.

It’s back to being advertised as $42 pp with no sale banner listed. So even if it is a “sale” it doesn’t say so. So of course I wouldn’t assume it’s a sale price when it is not advertised as such! I am not used to playing Royal’s weird “sale” game. I know pretty much everywhere does this, but RCCL seems to be more ridiculous than I am used to.