WHO should have been fired/resigned resultant fron the "fake" ENHANCEMENTS program?

The A Train

You have quite a few choices, but, the BIG KAHUNA usually gets the vote, especially since he was the final stamp of approval on a program that guaranteed CHOKING after about 8-10 years.....an d it did, as you can see!

The enhancements are an INSULT! How can you now include a cap and "bag",an unwanted wine tasting, a bottle of wine, "O" cost of $10-$12, and embark/debark premiums worth ZERO in place of $460 spa credits and addl'l sbc's of $100-$250?

We should fire people that believe slogans like 2 for 1, or free air! If air was free there wouldn’t be an air credit would they! Also fire those that believe corporations never change their loyalty programs!

Biggest group to fire is those that haven’t the mental capacity to understand strenuous level ratings on O tours! Nothing like having to sit and listen to some, or their wife, talk about how brilliant and distinguished they are/ were, that are on a three hiker tour and can’t walk 100 yards! Yep, really brilliant! Was reading comprehension required in their profession?

We should fire people that believe slogans like 2 for 1, or free air! If air was free there wouldn’t be an air credit would they! Also fire those that believe corporations never change their loyalty programs!

Biggest group to fire is those that haven’t the mental capacity to understand strenuous level ratings on O tours! Nothing like having to sit and listen to some, or their wife, talk about how brilliant and distinguished they are/ were, that are on a three hiker tour and can’t walk 100 yards! Yep, really brilliant! Was reading comprehension required in their profession?

Remember O is owned by the same company that owns Regent, the cruise line that advertises unlimited free excursions which are the farthest thing from free!

Things change

Just look at other for profit companies & what cuts they have made to their loyalty programs

Talk with your pocketbook if you are unhappy spend your $$ elsewhere

JMO

It was merely a price increase without raising posted prices. Similar to a year to 18 months ago when some of the PH2 became PH1, and Some of the PH3 became PH2 cabins. Plus some A2s became A1, etc. Revenue increases without changing posted prices. In other industries it’s called price inflation.

If/ when world crude oil prices shoot up, grab your underwear! Industry analysts are saying that just the relatively small increase in crude we’ve recently seen probably means the end to cheap airfares to Europe and Asia. Think that “ free “ air on Oceania might be affected?

I believe we beat this horse to death on a couple of threads a month or so ago.

I think we should continue to beat this horse until they change the program back to what it was. Need to make sure additional cruise critic members see how dis loyal Oceania is to their best customers. Not taking up too much space on this board.

We recently went on our first and last cruise on Oceania Regatta. There were so many things wrong, even looking for something positive to say, is difficult. From lack of attention to detail, to unappealing food presentation, to missed ports, this is not the cruise line for us. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you have quite a few choices, but, the big kahuna usually gets the vote, especially since he was the final stamp of approval on a program that guaranteed choking after about 8-10 years.....an d it did, as you can see!

The enhancements are an insult! How can you now include a cap and "bag",an unwanted wine tasting, a bottle of wine, "o" cost of $10-$12, and embark/debark premiums worth zero in place of $460 spa credits and addl'l sbc's of $100-$250?

+ 100%

We recently went on our first and last cruise on Oceania Regatta. There were so many things wrong, even looking for something positive to say, is difficult. From lack of attention to detail, to unappealing food presentation, to missed ports, this is not the cruise line for us. Very disappointing.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but we've seen Posts of this type before.....

Usually to be followed by another, twelve to eighteen months later, indicating that you were not able to find another Line which was more to your liking.

Hope to see you, then!

Can not believe that all these are wrong at the same time. O is always on top of things and this does not sound right. Maybe you have the wrong ship.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but we've seen Posts of this type before.....

Usually to be followed by another, twelve to eighteen months later, indicating that you were not able to find another Line which was more to your liking.

Hope to see you, then!

I have empathy with that cruiser as we were on the same cruise -- and definitely was of a similar mindset. Giving O another chance only because of the itinerary to Japan on the 2020 WC. There are many lines that can replace O -- more $$ (Crystal and Silversea) and of course their next key competitor will be Viking. Especially with deep pockets and the new builds coming down the line -- O with a cheap Charlie attitude is really is POing their so-called loyal customers.

If O raised their prices last month by $200 pp and not changed their loyalty benefits there would have been probably zero out cry...

We have a friend that believes that kind of advertisement--apparently if companies offer something "free" it must have been free to them too. We keep telling him that the cost is built into the price of the cruise, all inclusive, tour but he argues with us.

For solo cruisers, don't expect the "free excursions" under one of the three choices. I am so disappointed for on an upcoming O trip, the selection was the usual and I chose the 6 free excursions. I have now learned that I get only 3 because I am alone in my stateroom.

I am now widowed, and my late husband and I cruised with O over 20 times. I now have a stateroom by myself as it is not my choice to share. Even tho I pay double for my room, my benefits are reduced. What a shame!!

For solo cruisers, don't expect the "free excursions" under one of the three choices. I am so disappointed for on an upcoming O trip, the selection was the usual and I chose the 6 free excursions. I have now learned that I get only 3 because I am alone in my stateroom.

I am now widowed, and my late husband and I cruised with O over 20 times. I now have a stateroom by myself as it is not my choice to share. Even tho I pay double for my room, my benefits are reduced. What a shame!!

Sounds like you are getting shafted. Not fair.

I would ask your travel agent to check the number of excursions you are entitled to as OLife Choice states the excursions are per stateroom not per person. Surely Oceania would not think it is fair to charge you for two people and give you the excursions for one.

I would ask your travel agent to check the number of excursions you are entitled to as OLife Choice states the excursions are per stateroom not per person. Surely Oceania would not think it is fair to charge you for two people and give you the excursions for one.

Never know what O thinks is fair these days. If you read the OP than they think that is fair also. Not so. But they believe so. I think they are starting on the downward spiral. Lets hope not.

The same thing happened to our friend when she went solo on our last cruise. Since we wanted to prebook the same excursions that she did, we all just did the "cruise only" fare and took the $400 per person credit ($800 for our friend) as paying $800 for the OLife option for $800 OBC, since she couldnt get the full "dual occupancy" excursion package which included 8 excursions, didn't make much sense.

I am in the same spot and got the same information. Also it seems as if the cost of a single is a bit more than it would be for two. I solved my problem on a couple of cruises by bringing a family member along. Especially if they don't have the discretionary income for cruises, it's an easy sell when I tell them I could go by my self or bring someone for the same price. They just pay the extras and their air.

We have gone around and around with O. They are only going to give me a small $$$ figure now for the other 3. I'm just disappointed. My TA is great. Used her for years and she has always been able to resolve any issues; however, there hasn't been many until this.

This is just not declared in any of their disclosures, but what can you do? They used to be a wonderful line.

Would you believe that when I took the "free" (not so) cruise, they were going to charge me for the 2nd person in the stateroom. My husband had just passed away so I was to get my cruise (without benefits) but I had to pay double because there was only 1 in the stateroom ?????

That was finally resolved, partially.

We have gone around and around with O. They are only going to give me a small $$$ figure now for the other 3. I'm just disappointed. My TA is great. Used her for years and she has always been able to resolve any issues; however, there hasn't been many until this.

This is just not declared in any of their disclosures, but what can you do? They used to be a wonderful line.

Would you believe that when I took the "free" (not so) cruise, they were going to charge me for the 2nd person in the stateroom. My husband had just passed away so I was to get my cruise (without benefits) but I had to pay double because there was only 1 in the stateroom ?????

That was finally resolved, partially.

Now that you know the rules when you're cruising solo on an Oceania cruise, can you think of any reason why a solo traveler who pay the extra fee for OLife? I can't.

Now that you know the rules when you're cruising solo on an Oceania cruise, can you think of any reason why a solo traveler who pay the extra fee for OLife? I can't.
No. I book cruise only fares, but Oceania insists on charging me more than a 50% single supplement on those fares when 1) a single supplement of 50% is offered AND 2) when the Cruise Only price is listed on their web site. Current situation:

A1 Cruise Only fare listed on their web site of $3649 x 1.5 = $5473.50, yet the invoice shows $5948.50.

Their explanation is that they use the OLife fare that also includes airfare and then deduct OLife from the fare, but only deduct one $950 airfare credit leaving 50% of the second airfare credit in the total amount they charge you. Why would they go through that gyration when they can just multiply the Cruise Only fare by 1.5. This is simple 8th grade math. Not only is this not right, but it is false advertising as they list the Cruise Only fare on their web site along with the 50% Reduced Single Supplement promotion. They need to fix their pricing engine and/or adjust the price to honor the advertised price or get rid of Cruise Only fares on their web site. Of course that still won't make it right. And don't get me started on paying the taxes and fees for the second person that are included in the price. I can swallow that as they are not detailed on their web site, but again it doesn't make it right.

I am currently going around in circles with my TA/Oceania on this. One last try before going to the BBB. And yes, I have screen shots and names, dates and times of those I have spoken/corresponded with.