Feb 10th SJU on Seadream2 full review

On what ships have you sailed where they have a selection of wines for no charge? You have to take into consideration the fact that there might be only 100 people on board. If they are pouring a Chardonnay and you want a glass of Sancerre, they might have to open another bottle. If nobody else is going to drink it, what are they supposed to do with the rest? Things are different when there are a couple thousand passengers and they can expect to sell (that's right, sell) the other three glasses from the bottle. I may be wrong, but I have never known SeaDream to sell wine by the glass. I will confess that Zimmy and I are not wine connoisseurs, but we have been very satisfied with the poured wines and have rarely felt it necessary to order a bottle. On occasion, we might ask if there is something else available, and there always is. From what I can tell, their cellar wine list is reasonably priced, and returning passengers get a discount coupon. Wine is only one aspect of the cruise. Don't get too hung up on it and try to enjoy the total package.

Thank you for your insight. I've always purchased a full beverage package on my cruises and have factored that "idea" into this cruise knowing my beverages were covered. You make an excellent point on less guests and therefore not being able to pour something should it be opened. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. I am planning this trip for a group of 12 and am wanting it to be perfect, and know my guests are wine drinkers over dinner. At this price per person, one would expect to have more than one option. So while I am not hung up on this situation, I'm just getting all my ducks in a row and planning accordingly. Someone has to have all the details for the group :) Again, thank you.

Thank you for your insight. I've always purchased a full beverage package on my cruises and have factored that "idea" into this cruise knowing my beverages were covered. You make an excellent point on less guests and therefore not being able to pour something should it be opened. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. I am planning this trip for a group of 12 and am wanting it to be perfect, and know my guests are wine drinkers over dinner. At this price per person, one would expect to have more than one option. So while I am not hung up on this situation, I'm just getting all my ducks in a row and planning accordingly. Someone has to have all the details for the group :) Again, thank you.

As you have a group of 12 I would think SD will provide choices in wine. Might be wrong but I would call SD direct and ask them what sort of wine you might be able to have for your group. SeaDream is not like anything out there that sells "packages" for drinks. I have sailed SD since 2004 and have NEVER had a drink request of any type refused or charged extra for. Don't worry, it will all be fine. After all, what could possibly go wrong??.......:eek::cool:

With a group of 12 wine drinkers, my bet is that you are going to be buying bottles. And probably plenty of them. I don't know if you can do this (I think Jim has done it for his favorite beer), but you might want to give the ship a shopping list to stock up their cellar. Just do it well in advance.

With a group of 12 wine drinkers, my bet is that you are going to be buying bottles. And probably plenty of them. I don't know if you can do this (I think Jim has done it for his favorite beer), but you might want to give the ship a shopping list to stock up their cellar. Just do it well in advance.

Haha, that "shopping list" has worked quite well...;p And didn't cost me a dime..... Well, other than the cost of SD in the first place, and air, and hotel, and.......

Haha, that "shopping list" has worked quite well...;p And didn't cost me a dime..... Well, other than the cost of SD in the first place, and air, and hotel, and.......

Did you contact SD ahead of time and request a certain beer to be onboard? Curious how it didn't cost you a dime.