Azamara Acquires P&O's Adonia Cruise Ship, Set to be Rebranded as Azamara Pursuit

LauraS

Some of us had been hoping that P&O would place Adonia in the north, where there are three other cruise lines which have small, older ships... but I think her days were numbered when she'd finished being Fathom. This also takes away one of P&O's adult only lines, which are so popular... cruisers are now discussing whether Aurora will become adult only, instead.

Yeah they are getting bigger and that means that a lot of ports need to have their dock infrastructure improved for larger ships as well as the tourism infrastructure to cater for the multitudes of passengers. The smaller cruise ships seem to be luxury lines now.

Yeah they are getting bigger and that means that a lot of ports need to have their dock infrastructure improved for larger ships as well as the tourism infrastructure to cater for the multitudes of passengers. The smaller cruise ships seem to be luxury lines now.

Except in the UK... Fred Olsen has 4 small ships; C&M has about 5, and Thomson has a few- all older ships, and all budget/mid cruise prices.

• 2 weeks later...

The sale of Adonia by P&O to Azamara has been handled very badly. The announcement was made on FB before T/A's and those booked on it were notified.

We had two Adonia cruises booked next year, now no more and have to wait a month for deposit refund.:evilsmile: We were only notifed on Friday, 2 weeks after FB announcement.

Lucky I could fit a couple of Princess cruises into the void. Not the same though, we were looking forward to the Adonia experience and itinerary sailing up the rivers into Bordeaux, Rouen, Seville etc, with overnighters.:loudcry:

I think P&O has lost a lot of long standing customers over this.:evilsmile: In particular the British P&O faithfuls.

Yes, I have forum friends who are annoyed at losing their cruise.

Remember that Fred Olsen's ships also do the itineraries up the rivers as part of their ocean cruising- even their largest ship, Balmoral, sails right up the Seine to Paris. We hope to go with them into Seville one day.

Yes, I have forum friends who are annoyed at losing their cruise.

Remember that Fred Olsen's ships also do the itineraries up the rivers as part of their ocean cruising- even their largest ship, Balmoral, sails right up the Seine to Paris. We hope to go with them into Seville one day.

Checked Fred's. We like a balcony and balcony cabins on Fred Olsens are very expensive as there are not that many of them. Agreed, they do similar itineraries to what Adonia did.:(

Thanks for suggestion anyway.