Cuts to Midnight Sun Sailings in 2019

photopro2

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of taking the Midnight Sun itinerary in the next couple of years. The 9 sailings for 2018 is reduced to just 3 for 2019 and the London to Bergen option is dropped completely with all sailings embarking in Bergen.

We are a little disappointed as we wanted to sail out from London but can't make the trip until 2019. So if any of you wish to take the sailing in that direction you might want to consider doing so next year.

Looking on the bright side we do now have a booking on the Sun for 22 June to look forward too :D

Thank you. I have been pondering it and within the last 5 minutes we were discussing it. I wonder if it isn't that popular of a cruise.

I think it was very popular but that they are trying to add more itineraries to the Baltic/Norther Atlantic to get repeat summer business (how many people want to do the same cruise summer after summer?). It looks like they are setting up the possibility of another 29 day B2B combining Midnight Sun (Bergen to Greenwich) with British Isles Explorer (Greenwich to Bergen). Up until now, they offered a 29 day itinerary that combined Midnight Sun (Bergen to Greenwich) and Baltic Homelands. Now they can offer both 29 day options along with the 15 day options and even a 44(?) day option that combines all three itineraries--and fill the ships.